Official 2020 - Alabama Grand Prix - Barber Motorsports Park

15 hours ago, Hunterflyy said:

How many total?  We have one entry, trying to get the other ready.  Thanks in advance Bill.

Entry list shows 66 cars.  Cap is 75.  So 9 spots left.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DiscoveryParts, a ChampCar Sponsor, will be bringing their “Mobile Technology Center” (aka big support trailer) to the ChampCar Barber December 12/13 race. If there is anything special you would like

Yah, it's tough for sure.  I don't even really care about the state level rules.  If I still have to go to work five days a week, and can do so safely, then I can find a way to go racing.  But I just

I really thought Covid was done canceling races for us this year, but alas, we had to withdraw.  The whole team is essentially on lockdown, and the state numbers here are terrible.  We decided to bow

Posted Images

Supps updated.

December 12-December 13, 2020
BARBER MOTORSPORTS PARK: 8+7 Enduros, $1525
Birmingham, AL
"Alabama Grand Prix"
Early Pay Discount Ends: October 13, 2020
Event Director: chelsey.vickery@champcar.org
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

Track will use the "Code 35" for all car recoveries. Double yellow will display, no pace car, and all cars are required to drop down to 35 mph. 
This is due to another event causing damage to their rescue trucks. They want you SLOW.
I am checking to see if they are using a Purple 35 flag like VIR. Will advise once I find out.

Wait list was started. email Chelsey.Vickery@champcar.org to be put on the list.

Supps updated. All staging will be parked in LOT G

https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/423.pdf Refresh the document to make certain you version 4

• Like 2
  • Administrators
On 11/13/2020 at 10:15 AM, riche30 said:

I'll be at Barber this year representing MotorSportMedia selling photo packages.  Barber is one of my home tracks and I'm well versed at shooting at this track.  Please check us out:

http://www.msmtrackdays.com/new-products/photo-package-champcar-barber-dec-2020

I bought a package from Rich as his team is very good. You're also supporting a fellow ChampCar member. 

• Like 1

Bill will you guys be taking sound readings there?  I'd really like to know how loud my car is now with a racing header and different exhaust setup.  I'm not towing back to Laguna unless I'm fairly confident we won't break sound.

DiscoveryParts, a ChampCar Sponsor, will be bringing their “Mobile Technology Center” (aka big support trailer) to the ChampCar Barber December 12/13 race. If there is anything special you would like us to bring, please let us know before Wednesday December 9 noon EST as the trailer leaves early Thursday. We already have a very full will-call box and thank you for the support of our company.

New on the trailer is a Garmin Catalyst demo unit for you to use on track. Stop by and let us know what session and day you would like to use it, and we will have it ready.

Thanks once again and we look forward to seeing everyone at Barber Motorsports Park.

Our #1 category for ChampCar Members: https://www.discoveryparts.com/15__auto-racing-closeout-and-clearance-    

Ron Zappendorf
DiscoveryParts Inc CEO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I really thought Covid was done canceling races for us this year, but alas, we had to withdraw.  The whole team is essentially on lockdown, and the state numbers here are terrible.  We decided to bow out early to hopefully give a wait listed team adequate time to prep and make reservations.  See y'all at Road America.

• Sad 5
3 hours ago, Ian said:

I really thought Covid was done canceling races for us this year, but alas, we had to withdraw.  The whole team is essentially on lockdown, and the state numbers here are terrible.  We decided to bow out early to hopefully give a wait listed team adequate time to prep and make reservations.  See y'all at Road America.

bummer...as we watch very carefully from Iowa wondering what will happen.   I mean we know the governor will say stupid things and hope that magic makes everyone ok.    Take care and stay safe.

11 hours ago, Ian said:

What state?

9 hours ago, JDChristianson said:

bummer...as we watch very carefully from Iowa wondering what will happen.   I mean we know the governor will say stupid things and hope that magic makes everyone ok.    Take care and stay safe.

Yah, it's tough for sure.  I don't even really care about the state level rules.  If I still have to go to work five days a week, and can do so safely, then I can find a way to go racing.  But I just came off a two week quarantine, one team member is likely about to start one.  I've also got two kids in elementary school.  It's only going to be worse come race day, and I don't want to be the one to bring a disease to a race and give it to a bunch of people.

We all discussed it as a team, we could get there, but the smart decision is to not as of now.  None of us wanted to be the one to say stop, but we all agreed that this was the right call under the circumstances.  Plus whoever is on top of the wait list gets a reasonable warning that they get to go racing.

I'm really disappointed, I really wanted to try barber, and the car is basically ready to go, but with so much uncertainty, planning a 20 hour tow to a race that requires 4 people to not be quarantined seems like a fools errand.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1