Official 2020 - Alabama Grand Prix - Barber Motorsports Park

On 12/1/2020 at 12:28 PM, Wink said:

Yeah agreed, very well could have been an isolated incident, but with this result, its not worth trying again in my mind.

60048558475__A892B2B7-4DBF-4AE3-8CCA-785696147800.JPG

Lots of dome for pump gas... and it looks like your rods got some heat in them.

Ethanol-free 93 octane?

Edited by mender
  • Like 1
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Burningham Lexus lives again after the wall hit at Sebring. Body work took longer than hoped and then the holidays. We are about as ready as we are going to be given one day of prep we just did to

DiscoveryParts, a ChampCar Sponsor, will be bringing their “Mobile Technology Center” (aka big support trailer) to the ChampCar Barber December 12/13 race. If there is anything special you would like

Seriously, we (the team - actually it will probably be Tiffany) are trying to get a group together Friday night at a remote location a little over 4 miles from the track that will be out of the weathe

Posted Images

• Technical Advisory Committee
28 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

@Burningham thank you for setting up the awesome Friday get together.  What time is this happening?  How much per plate should we "donate" to the cause?

Well, it kind of depends on what time they let us in the track. Normally Porsche has the track until 5 but this time of year they sometimes finish up early so we may get in a bit before then. Mad rush to the paddock, get set up, then head back to the warehouse. I am thinking around 6:30 at the earliest. Rusty’s is right along the road back to the warehouse so I will stop in and pick up the food on the way back. Tiffany says she is making some Mac and cheese to go with the barbecue. And as said earlier I think we will have beans and slaw or potato salad coming as well. 

No set amount, no more than $5 or $10. Or just show up and eat we don’t care. I don’t want to come out ahead, just want everyone to have a good time while they are here and not have to brave the restaurants. I would like to get a fairly accurate count so we don’t have a bunch of food left over or run out too quick before everyone gets something. 

Oh, and before I forget, please thank Casey and Tiffany when you see them here. This is Casey’s warehouse we are doing this at, I am just talking it up on here and getting a little food together.  Letting us do it at this location is all on them. 

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Were going to spread out well! I'm making 2 large pans of mac and cheese too, probably one gouda, one pepper jack.

Also, I would suggest bringing bag chairs we have about 20 but I'm anticipating more people than that. The warehouse does have a few heat source so we shouldn't freeze lol. I've got several warming catering trays to keep food warm.

16 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

We will be riding 5 up or 6.  You got it right.

Which team are you with, I've got a tally running, trying to make sure I don't double count a team ;)

All Champs are welcome, feel free to shoot me a text if you have additions, any questions, last minute change ect. 205-908-5501

Edited by TAlexander
  • Like 1

The Burningham Lexus lives again after the wall hit at Sebring. Body work took longer than hoped and then the holidays. We are about as ready as we are going to be given one day of prep we just did today, hopefully it’s enough. This is the place we are doing the Friday night thing so as you can see plenty of room.  

AE0C5875-16D4-4407-A331-1226D1F72F7A.thumb.jpeg.0e2296b8cf5411bf0537bcf5aa9307eb.jpeg

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 8

I included info and pics to help find us on Friday night. 1) When you are almost there, the road looks like it dead ends; it's just a sharp right. Warehouse 25 is the first warehouse on the right past Guzzler Manufacturing (they have a sign, we don't) 2) there is additional parking at the next warehouse on the right past ours (it is not in use)

FYI we have a few address, so google will take you next door some times.

I'll try my best to remember to put my light-up Santa out front, so you know you're in the right place.

1511451436_Screenshot_20201206-0226293.thumb.png.f3ca19258a694265b1ce34d036b2bfb8.png1084470015_Screenshot_20201206-0227223.thumb.png.9cc1794f53ea5d7b3c90eb1f2b557281.png

Edited by TAlexander
Seasons Greetings Racers!
The Alabama Grand Prix is upon us.

We are looking forward to a great weekend at Barber Motorsports Park, please read through the following information thoroughly.

Supplemental Rules: Schedule, Rules, Facility Map, Weekend information can be found HERE Note: Drivers Meeting video will be sent out with pit assignments next week.

Waivers- Please print and fill out waivers found HERE.
EVERYONE entering facility grounds must have waivers filled out.
  • ChampCar Waivers- team captain will turn into Katherine at registration check in.
  • Barber Waivers- turn in at the credential building/gate when we are allowed into the paddock.

COVID Rules: Please wear a mask everywhere outside of your team paddock area. This includes pit road, inside buildings, bathrooms, or around anyone that did not come to the track with your team. We are thankful to be racing this weekend with everything going on, so please show respect to BMP, other members, and staff by wearing a mask.
5fa3eb18-d9a1-48b3-a73f-42c80b21f5c7.png
S.gif
S.gif S.gif
Staging- Friday 1pm in LOT G. Please do not try to get through the gates, the track is being used and they will get us in as fast as they can.
Registration and Tech will start in LOT G at 1pm as well.

Gates - We are hoping to move into the paddock at 6pm on Friday (possibly sooner).

Tech - Bring all your paperwork filled out and make sure you have read the rules. Swap cars with no paperwork will likely be put in EC. Tech opens at 1pm on Friday in LOT G and will run until 8pm in the paddock.  Decals will be handed out at Tech and will be required to pass tech. Decal locations are shown in the BCCR appendix. Speaking of rules....

2020 BCCR - There were very few updates to the rules for 2020 compared to 2019, however the one most likely to catch people off guard if they haven't read the rules is fire bottle certification. Make sure the fire bottle in your car has a certification sticker within the last two years or it is not legal for use.  See 3.9.1.4. for detailed info. While you're in there, it's also a good time to make sure your seat belts and window net are still in spec as well. The rulebook can be found HERE

Transponders - If you entered a transponder number (or entered anything really) while you where registering we assume you're bringing your own. Please verify that you have entered the correct number or that you reserved a transponder if you're not supplying your own. If you use a subscription based MyLaps X2 transponder, make sure your subscription is current. When your subscription ends, the X2 will not count laps! 

Registration - Make sure you tech first, then bring your yellow logbook and tech sheet signed by us directly to registration. Before you arrive, log in and check your driver roster for accuracy. Make any corrections ahead of time. If you are fully paid with the correct drivers, check-in is a 3 minute process. If you are not coming (work issue, car issue, etc), email me to let me know you will not be there HERE

Novice School - For any first time road racers, anyone new to ChampCar, or if anyone needs a refresher on how we operate please watch Dana Morrison's New to Champ video found HERE    

Pit Assignments - Final pit assignments will be sent out next week. If teams would like a specific spot, or if you would like to be pitted next to someone; Team captains reach out to me HERE

ChampCar.Live - If you will have your own live feed to YouTube, Facebook, or some other site, please share your feed with us by filling out the LiveFeed form at https://ChampCar.org/livefeed

You can share our live show with friends and family by using the www.ChampCar.live URL. That will take you to the ChampCar.live YouTube page.

A reminder: read through and print out the Supplemental Rules for this event HERE.

If you have any questions you can contact me HERE.

We're looking forward to seeing you all in Alabama!

The ChampCar Staff  
On 12/4/2020 at 6:08 PM, Burningham said:

Roll call and numbers on who is coming Friday night. 

Burningham - 4
Pinkies out - 6?

GMS (Rob, Tyler and gang) - 6

Elon - 10-12

Brewe Krewe - 5 or 6?

Cone Crushers - 4

040 Racing -4 or 5

Dingus - 3

John Allen special - 3 or 4?

Subliminal - 3 or 4

Champcar staff - Probably too late for them?

Mielan - 0

Hunterfly's bunch - 0 (will come by later just not eating)

Love Racing - 6 or 8

JB buggs - 4 or 5

Momo Champ - 5

Hochunk - 3 or 4

Locals - 1 or 2 not in above

Who else?

Any others?  @Jer you guys coming by?

22 minutes ago, frankrehnelt said:

Can BMW (the ultimate driving machine) teams come? We are 50-50 but will let y’all know for sure tomorrow if that’s okay. 

Of course, we need slow drivers to make fun of the night before the race, so yeah come on.

You gonna stop on the way home and load up my E28?  She's waiting on you.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:09 PM, Burningham said:

The Burningham Lexus lives again after the wall hit at Sebring. Body work took longer than hoped and then the holidays. We are about as ready as we are going to be given one day of prep we just did today, hopefully it’s enough. This is the place we are doing the Friday night thing so as you can see plenty of room.  

AE0C5875-16D4-4407-A331-1226D1F72F7A.thumb.jpeg.0e2296b8cf5411bf0537bcf5aa9307eb.jpeg

Dang boy she looks good !!!

4 hours ago, Burningham said:

Of course, we need slow drivers to make fun of the night before the race, so yeah come on.

Now you’ve gone too far. My feeling are hurt. You just call me a driver? A race car driver? A wheel ape? I’m insulted. I’m a pit monkey and if I do get in a race car they call me CAPTAIN Slow. 

Edited by frankrehnelt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, frankrehnelt said:

Now you’ve gone too far. My feeling are hurt. You just call me a driver? A race car driver? A wheel ape? I’m insulted. I’m a pit monkey and if I do get in a race car they call me CAPTAIN Slow. 

Just come on by, we can continue this insult fest there.

47 minutes ago, frankrehnelt said:

You only have 1 feeling?

When you come on friday...  "We will taunt you a second time!"

11 hours ago, Burningham said:

Any others?  @Jer you guys coming by?

We think we can do the work on the car in the lot Friday afternoon.  But that doesn't mean we can't come by.  Let me ask the guys!

• Like 1