Venue Change Request

1 hour ago, Lethal Cliff said:

Summit Point is one that I would love to do.  I spent many weekends there as a kid.  It would be awesome to run the original track.

3rd’ed a race @ summit. Main or Shenandoah. It being my home track is just nice for all things. 

I have raced and done well at Shenandoah many times.   

It is a bit of a safety concern.  I have personally witnessed several cars hit the end of concrete barriers....  

Also, deer!  Lots of deer!

2 hours ago, ross2004 said:

Summit Point (Shenandoah) was always fun for us, both Lemons and CC. I'm not sure how much fun a race on the main circuit would be...looks kinda boring to me, but I've only done a brief track day on it. 

The small course would be ok for 30 cars, maybe 40, but I think both summit tracks look more like "regional" facilities vs a track capable of hosting a 60 plus car "national" level event. 

Stinks because like the other interesting tracks listed, it needs investment to shine that may never come.

3 minutes ago, Black Magic said:

The small course would be ok for 30 cars, maybe 40, but I think both summit tracks look more like "regional" facilities vs a track capable of hosting a 60 plus car "national" level event. 

Stinks because like the other interesting tracks listed, it needs investment to shine that may never come.

Bathrooms, showers, etc are okay.  Bare concrete walls....  not soo much!

37 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Bathrooms, showers, etc are okay.  Bare concrete walls....  not soo much!

Was thinking more of the bridge to get in (load limits), tight paddock and super small pit lane that is part of a u turn....

Shenendoah was fun though, just gotta stay off the walls coming to the main straight.... Of course that was 5 or so years ago when the power to weight and speed of the series was much lower, I would guess the walls would be an even bigger problem now.

Edited by Black Magic

2 hours ago, Black Magic said:

Was thinking more of the bridge to get in (load limits), tight paddock and super small pit lane that is part of a u turn....

Shenendoah was fun though, just gotta stay off the walls coming to the main straight.... Of course that was 5 or so years ago when the power to weight and speed of the series was much lower, I would guess the walls would be an even bigger problem now.

Didn't know there was a load limit.  I have seen big rigs in that lower tiny lot.

12 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Didn't know there was a load limit.  I have seen big rigs in that lower tiny lot.

I saw a sign about a month ago when I was there (track day for friends I am coaching into racing). I forgot what it said, and I noticed it on the way out...

Was enough to handle the ramp truck and trailer....either by design or luck. 

I like some elements of that track layout. Just wished it was closer to any civilization and could better host our racing (same with CMP, Roebling, etc). We need to find rich guys with money falling out of their pockets to turn these tracks into what they could be. 

58 minutes ago, Black Magic said:

Just wished it was closer to any civilization and could better host our racing (same with CMP, Roebling, etc).

This should be a big part of choosing a venue, IMO. People are coming from all over the US in many cases to race and need to have access to hotels, restaurants, etc.. 

Shenendoah would be awesome- did the CC race there a few years back and had a blast.  They should try to get that one back on the list.  

I have not done the other configurations, so can't speak to them....

NHMS is a fairly short and windy track, Miata-friendly. Plus, no worries about amenities or bridges (it has a tunnel). Tons of parking, fairly good bathrooms, a restaurant (not always open), and fuel on site. It's also only 20 - 25 min from Concord NH. 

It sure is a great track, but it can be difficult to pass if you don't have aware and cooperating competitors. 

5 hours ago, Black Magic said:

I saw a sign about a month ago when I was there (track day for friends I am coaching into racing). I forgot what it said, and I noticed it on the way out...

Was enough to handle the ramp truck and trailer....either by design or luck. 

I like some elements of that track layout. Just wished it was closer to any civilization and could better host our racing (same with CMP, Roebling, etc). We need to find rich guys with money falling out of their pockets to turn these tracks into what they could be. 

Not really sure what you consider civilization but  there must be at least 30 hotels/motels close by Not including Winchester Va, which has everything you could need on a race weekend.  Summit track is far better than the other 2 layouts.

Was thinking less than 30 min round trip to get to major gas stations, a parts store, and chain food places. 

At summit I always end up back in Winchester, but I remember that being more like an hour round trip from the shendoaha paddock and back to it. 

CMP also has this issue, Charlotte does not.

If there was a race at summit I would go, but I am more the rough it at the track type anyway.

Edited by Black Magic

25 minutes ago, Black Magic said:

Was thinking less than 30 min round trip to get to major gas stations, a parts store, and chain food places. 

At summit I always end up back in Winchester, but I remember that being more like an hour round trip from the shendoaha paddock and back to it. 

CMP also has this issue, Charlotte does not.

If there was a race at summit I would go, but I am more the rough it at the track type anyway.

That's a pretty hard thing to pull off at a lot of great tracks. Technically you can't do that at VIR and you would be hard pressed to do it at Charlotte with all the traffic close to the mall. Even AMP is off in the boonies with limited options in Dawsonville. When gas sells out at the nearby station at Road Atlanta you in for a 45+ minute round trip to the highway and back. 

6 hours ago, Snorman said:

This should be a big part of choosing a venue, IMO. People are coming from all over the US in many cases to race and need to have access to hotels, restaurants, etc.. 

Agreed.  I wanna say that winchester is less than 30 minutes away.  Cool downtown.  Lots of restaurants and bars.

1 hour ago, XelderX said:

When gas sells out at the nearby station at Road Atlanta you in for a 45+ minute round trip to the highway and back. 

lol...this is not accurate. The stations by 85 are ~10 minutes away from the track. The stations by Chateau are about the same, and more easily reached by Liberty Church Road. And there are stations the other direction on 53 that are even closer including an Advanced Auto Parts that is 7 minutes away. You can drive back and forth to Flowery Branch from the track in less than 45 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Snorman said:

lol...this is not accurate. The stations by 85 are ~10 minutes away from the track. The stations by Chateau are about the same, and more easily reached by Liberty Church Road. And there are stations the other direction on 53 that are even closer including an Advanced Auto Parts that is 7 minutes away. You can drive back and forth to Flowery Branch from the track in less than 45 minutes. 

Ok, so Road Atlanta isn't a great example, but still no worse than CMP during normal hours. It's 7 minutes to downtown Kershaw from the track. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2020 at 4:42 PM, red0 said:

I would like to see the Charlotte Roval changed to Autobahn Country Club. 

QTLpobbQeMtY6F8iR0axO1GU4xvjlqClRYToHXjc

I would also love to see Mid-O 

57b1eaccbfa30.image.jpg?resize=720,469

I think one of the hang ups with Mid-Ohio is where to fit it on the schedule. Watkins Glen, Nelson, Pittsburgh, NCM, Indy and Gingerman are all relatively close to Mid Ohio. At least in terms of an easy tow to a race. I was told they don’t want to detract from attendance at races that have been staples on the schedule in the past. The Monday races were fun there when we had them but I’d love to see a weekend date as it is close enough for me to drive home each night and sleep in my own bed.