Sign in to follow this  
Rapido

2020 ChampCar iRacing Series: Round 10, VIR - 7/29/2020, 8/5/2020

It's time for the big one. The longest day of the summer for many ChampCar racers, as they take on the 24 hours at VIR. Fortunately we at the CCiS are not going to force you all through a solo 24 hour race, but this will be 2 hours compared to our usual 1 hour. This is the maximum allowable stint time for a driver in ChampCar, so it's time to put you all to the test. To compensate for this increased length, there will be 2 fast repairs available, and an increased initial fuel fill of 8.5g. Please note also that the in-sim multiplier is set at 8x, so the race session should see a full night cycle through to dawn the following day. Good luck!

Session Details

• Practice Round: Wednesday, 29-July-2020
  • Championship Round: Wednesday, 5-August-2020
  • Practice Start: 7:00pm ET
  • Qualifying Start: 8:00pm ET
  • Race Start: 9:00pm ET
  • Cars: Mazda MX-5 NC Cup
  • Track: Virginia International Raceway - Full Course
  • In-Sim Session Date: Saturday, 8-August-2020
  • In-Sim Practice Session Start Time: 7:00am
  • In-Sim Qualifying Session Start Time: 12:00pm
  • In-Sim Race Session Start Time: 3:00pm
  • In-Sim Time Multiplier: 8x
  • Weather: Auto-Generated
  • Setup: iRacing Baseline with 8.5g fuel
  • Fast Repairs: 2
  • License Requirements: Practice Rounds (None), Championship Round (>D2.0)

Useful Links

ChampCar iRacing Series - League Application

Discord Server

2020 ChampCar iRacing Series schedule

Guide to iRacing and Hardware

How to create your own iRacing paints

iRacing Tips and Resources

• Like 2

Yea sorry I joined late, it was night by the time I got my car out.  First time I've been in the sim in at least a month or so.  Was running decent laps and then the VR bug hit and put me in the wall when I lost the picture.  Towed it to the pits, forgot to check fast repair....ugh.  See you guys next week for the real thing.

22 hours ago, Jab31169 said:

Was running decent laps and then the VR bug hit and put me in the wall when I lost the picture.  

Not the first person I know with VR problems.  Must be a lot better than 3 monitor setup to take the risk of fail?

I'm only into this about 3 months and running a budget 3 monitor which I'm quite happy with now.  just trying to figure out VR vs monitors

On 7/31/2020 at 12:55 PM, mostmint said:

Not the first person I know with VR problems.  Must be a lot better than 3 monitor setup to take the risk of fail?

I'm only into this about 3 months and running a budget 3 monitor which I'm quite happy with now.  just trying to figure out VR vs monitors

Its not frequent, I've run in VR before for 12 hours without a hitch.  If you've got 3 monitors stick with it.  

• Thanks 1

Hey Guys,

We've released a VIR hot laps video to try and help out a bit. Struggling to get these out early but maybe a quick watch or two before the race might help. Let me know if y'all have any good/bad/ugly feedback here.

Edited by cowboys647