Looking for an East Coast Team/Ride. New Driver

So I've always wanted to be a race car driver... Finally in a place where I have the means to make it happen.

Looking for an East Coast team with a "going to finish the race" attitude and a car to match that approach. I'll admit I've looked at the list of "arrive and drive" teams listed and most of them seem like too hot a car or too much of a production for my taste. I want to enjoy racing, not just the driving bit. I've also looked at buying a hand-me-down car and putting the crew together, but I don't have the 4-5 friends willing/able to commit right now and really wanting to race like I do.

Me: I'm 40, no wheel to wheel experience, limited track otherwise. Work at a bank, moved back to the US from the UK a few years back and finally hung up my rugby boots (probably) for the last time. I have a wonderful wife that's supportive of the whole endeavor and a car crazy 3 y/o son. Done some "driving experiences" and have a few more coming up. Found ChampCar while investigating that other major 'sour' series and this seems more my speed. You have to start somewhere and I have a lot to learn about the logistics of racing and willing to be honest about it.

I can lift heavy things, swap tires/pads etc... not a mechanic but have the basics covered. ***capable of following directions ***

Based in NJ but am frequently in FL so hoping to get to tracks down the east coast and can travel as needed.

Happy to rent a seat or possibly develop into a "remote partner" but really would like to spend at least few races with the same crew if things go well.

If that sounds like a good fit or you've got some advice on where to begin, reach out.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, ManhattanMcC said:

reach out.

We are Florida based and developing a second car/team as you describe, at this time all seats are sold for its first race @ PBIR but things change with new teams, we should talk more.

We have a small team with two full time members.  We are located in the greater Charlotte, NC area.  We are not anywhere near a front running team either.  We have been steadily working and improving the reliability of the car and driving abilities.   We are not an arrive and drive team either.  Its more of a group effort to race the car.  Split weekend expenses and all drivers work to refuel during pitstops and make repairs as needed.  If you are interested in running 2-4 events a year I would be happy to discuss what our plans are.

ManhattanMcC,

Our team is looking for people to be co-owners, splitting the costs and sharing the work load.  One of our members is originally from New York.  We have been racing for a few years in Champcar and from what you describe I think you may be a good fit for our team and vice versa.  Currently we are based in North Carolina, near Raleigh.  We have been at VIR, AMP, Daytona, Road Atlanta, Charlotte and Indy.  Would be happy to discuss this opportunity with you.  I hop you are interested and I am looking forward to getting a reply message from you.

On 8/10/2020 at 5:28 PM, Greyman09 said:

Based in SC. Also looking to join a team as a driver. Would love to explore options. 

Always looking for teammates/drivers/crew

3 hours ago, TimS said:

Always looking for teammates/drivers/crew

Hi,

I'm interested in a ride for 2021 but can also crew too. I don't have any behind the wheel experience but I can bring a positive attitude and some basic mechanical skills to the table. I can also bring along some decent funding to the team.

Shoot me a email at anticegaming2@gmail.com (if you want)

Thank you,

James