VERY VERY VERYYYYYYYYY Long story...

But its two of us that run/own Miata PI - Now Alchemy Autosport and that homemade wing was a topic of discussion for many years...  There is an ex-wife (name on the wing), a sponsorship, a new car, and a bunch of other factors...

@Jamie has been intimately involved for quote some time and I dont think either of us saw the day this would happen voluntarily... 

1 hour ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

@mender LOL.  I would love to comment more on that one but I will leave it lie...

But I will say, I think that the death of this homemade wing, that is roughly 7-8 years old, represents the end of an era - how many home made wings are left in the series?!?!?!

Troy still has one on Biohazard.  :)

• Like 1

I can verify with certainty that the Flyin Hawaiians are running a home made plywood wing.  I built it using an Eppler airfoil design, plywood from Aircraft Spruce & Specialty in Corona, Ca, and a rouIMG_3025.thumb.jpg.5d2cef0a24dd5e984276a11278390f26.jpgter.  Growing up building cabinets, skateboards, and guitars with my carpenter father paid off in my racing endeavors as well. 

IMG_0068.jpg

• Like 5

Oops. Some text got cut off.  It was supposed to say "I can verify with certainty that the Flyin Hawaiians are running a home made plywood wing.  I built it using an Eppler airfoil design, plywood from Aircraft Spruce & Specialty in Corona, Ca, and a router.  Growing up building cabinets, skateboards, and guitars with my carpenter father paid off in my racing endeavors as well.  

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Voodoo Child said:

Oops. Some text got cut off.  It was supposed to say "I can verify with certainty that the Flyin Hawaiians are running a home made plywood wing.  I built it using an Eppler airfoil design, plywood from Aircraft Spruce & Specialty in Corona, Ca, and a router.  Growing up building cabinets, skateboards, and guitars with my carpenter father paid off in my racing endeavors as well.  

I want to hear more about building skateboards

On 8/10/2020 at 2:20 PM, Alchemy Autosport said:

@mender LOL.  I would love to comment more on that one but I will leave it lie...

But I will say, I think that the death of this homemade wing, that is roughly 7-8 years old, represents the end of an era - how many home made wings are left in the series?!?!?!

Not quite homemade, but I want to run this  on a car one day. It’s light and it’s not going to break below 180 mph, I know that.

7800E3A4-420A-44F9-8701-C23AA107F838.jpeg

• Like 2