For Your Consideration - A new look at rules

15 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Right there with you.  Haven't raced Miller, but I love elevation change and corners that take balls.

Probably why high plains is my favorite track!

HP is awesome.  I'm so lucky to have it for my test track, it offers a little of everything.  Some day we will go there as a series.  

On 9/8/2020 at 5:39 PM, MR2 Biohazard said:

Ron, it is interesting you say Utah, Miller Motorsports Park just to make sure. I found the track to be boring and flat. I have done around 35-40 tracks now and consider it to be on the bottom 5 as least favorite, right up there with PBIR. The facilities are amazing though and when I was there I thought it was a waste to have the facilities with such a boring track. I have come to the conclusion that I really like elevation changes and tracks that take balls. Just my 2 cents.

To each their own.  I never said it was my favourite track, people were raving about COTA's facilities so I said Utah is much better.  Yes Utah is flat but doing three tracks in one weekend is simply awesome in my books - full, east, west.  23 corners and they are all different, not a bunch of 90 degree corners like say Laguna or Road America.

For elevation changes when was the last time you were at a track where:

You are stupid if you don't bring motion sickness medication - a few get away without using it

Has three corners that you need to start turning before you see it otherwise you will go off

Has that old school danger factor of you will likely wreck if you go off - wheels must be straight to save it

Has a section called the half-pipe because it is a half-pipe

You back out over the rise because you were informed fast cars do catch air - you wonder if you are a fast car as it is that steep and fast on both sides in the CCW direction

ORP

Edited by Ron_e

6 hours ago, Ron_e said:

To each their own.  I never said it was my favourite track, people were raving about COTA's facilities so I said Utah is much better.  Yes Utah is flat but doing three tracks in one weekend is simply awesome in my books - full, east, west.  23 corners and they are all different, not a bunch of 90 degree corners like say Laguna or Road America.

For elevation changes when was the last time you were at a track where:

You are stupid if you don't bring motion sickness medication - a few get away without using it

Has three corners that you need to start turning before you see it otherwise you will go off

Has that old school danger factor of you will likely wreck if you go off - wheels must be straight to save it

Has a section called the half-pipe because it is a half-pipe

You back out over the rise because you were informed fast cars do catch air - you wonder if you are a fast car as it is that steep and fast on both sides in the CCW direction

ORP

That sounds awesome.

It sounds like a scarier high plains!

• Bill Strong changed the title to For Your Consideration - A new look at rules