Jump to content

2021 ChampCar racing schedule early release dates.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FlorahDorah said:

So only Willow Springs in the west. In June. *sigh*

 

Any hope of adding Buttonwillow? 

 

I know Mike was trying and a couple of others.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most likely we will be alternating between Indy and COTA after 2021.  

More races added. We are awaiting a date from Willow Springs, and are in contact with Buttonwillow. Laguna Seca will be one of the last tracks we get a date from. 

Yes, more races west of the Mississippi please ( NOLA, Eagles Canyon, MSR Houston, MSR Cresson, Texas Motor Speedway Roval and H2H 3x a year). I would like to try Hallett but the pits are in the cente

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Chieftain32 said:

just curious...was there ever any talk of high plains?

There was.  But due to COVID we have to be careful as an organization so its unlikely in 2021.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

Sad to see no COTA.  we had a great time this year and would love to go back.

 

We will go back next year with another series. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

 

F1?  pretty sure we gonna get signed a mulit-year contract soon.

 

 

We're better than HAAS and Ferrari but who isn't this year?     

Edited by Snake
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, racething said:

just to know about a few tracks;;; pocono,,,  njmp,,, old dominion,  homestead,,  jennings gp in northern fla..,,  palmer in n.h.,,  lime rock,,,  mid ohio,,,  

I don't know about all of those, but I do know there are a number of people who have mentioned Mid-Ohio and the desire to do a race there. I'm personally sort of interested if a Homestead race is a possibility. I've done a number of DE's there and I like the track. However, it's a pretty tight infield and the bowl (T4) will be a freaking disaster. 🤣

I'm in Florida and know nothing about Jennings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2020 at 2:57 PM, Bill Strong said:

 

I know Mike was trying and a couple of others.

 

Any peek or update for more west coast confirmed race dates? Buttonwillow? Chuckwalla? Sonoma ? Thunder hill? Laguna seca? Fontana (unlikely)? Vegas ? Spring mountain?

there are plenty of teams out west that wanna race! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Petrolholic racing said:

 

Any peek or update for more west coast confirmed race dates? Buttonwillow? Chuckwalla? Sonoma ? Thunder hill? Laguna seca? Fontana (unlikely)? Vegas ? Spring mountain?

there are plenty of teams out west that wanna race! 

 

I second that vote for more west coast races!  I'd be down for any of those tracks to be added.

 

It's been 2+ years since I've been at a champ event, but after doing AutoX and Test-and-Tune days over this last year I've been itching to get back to wheel to wheel racing with the MR2. Stinks having to fly east to go racing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
8 hours ago, Snorman said:

I don't know about all of those, but I do know there are a number of people who have mentioned Mid-Ohio and the desire to do a race there. I'm personally sort of interested if a Homestead race is a possibility. I've done a number of DE's there and I like the track. However, it's a pretty tight infield and the bowl (T4) will be a freaking disaster. 🤣

I'm in Florida and know nothing about Jennings. 

 

I have tried to get Mid Ohio for two years. They only have week day events right now as the weekends are for the other series. I will continue to work my way in. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I think about signing up for Hallett there are some big questions about that track...

  • There doesn't look to be a bridge or tunnel,  will there be red flags every so often to let people run to the parts store?
  • How the heck does that super short pit lane work?  I don't see but maybe 10 pit stalls... are we going to have to pit in the paddock?
  • Fuel: Does the track sell gas?   or do I need to bring enough gas for the whole race?

Are there still talks with Eagles Canyon & High Plains? 

 

I also never hear talk about Heatland Park... does the SCCA own that place and not rent to our ilk?  If Champcar is running Hallett whats wrong with Motorsport Ranch in Dallas?

Edited by Ben 595
fuel question
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ben 595 said:

Before I think about signing up for Hallett there are some big questions about that track...

  • There doesn't look to be a bridge or tunnel,  will there be red flags every so often to let people run to the parts store?
    • Typically a full course caution at noon to let people in and out. Otherwise you're in there for the duration.
  • How the heck does that super short pit lane work?  I don't see but maybe 10 pit stalls... are we going to have to pit in the paddock?
    • Other series they have people on either side of pit road. Sounds weird, but it works fine.
  • Fuel: Does the track sell gas?   or do I need to bring enough gas for the whole race?
    • Yes

NOTE: I don't work for the series. Champcar may choose to do things differently. But I've done quite a few races there and the above items are how things were handled.

EDIT: It's also fun to run it a different direction each day.

 

 

Edited by shutupracing
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 2:18 AM, Bluto said:

 

I second that vote for more west coast races!  I'd be down for any of those tracks to be added.

 

It's been 2+ years since I've been at a champ event, but after doing AutoX and Test-and-Tune days over this last year I've been itching to get back to wheel to wheel racing with the MR2. Stinks having to fly east to go racing...

 

 

Working on some more west events. stay tuned.

On 10/4/2020 at 11:02 PM, ETR said:

Any chance for MSR Houston?

 

 

Right now, No. I believe our texas schedule is filled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 7:36 PM, racething said:

just to know about a few tracks;;; pocono,,,  njmp,,, old dominion,  homestead,,  jennings gp in northern fla..,,  palmer in n.h.,,  lime rock,,,  mid ohio,,,  

 

 

We know. 
We only have a limited amount of staff and gear to put on races, and we have limited dates to put races on. The majority of our staff are part timers or volunteers. 
We already put on many more races than any other budget series. 
2021 Canada dates will also be added later in 2020.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am supposed to be taking the next couple of weeks off. yes. That never works out.

Supps for Road Atlanta, VIR 12-Hour, and Spring Harris Hill are up and live.
NCM to follow. Then we hold off for a bit as we have to have some meeting with Daytona before I write those up.

I believe the 2021 events will open up to enter on November 1, 2020.

Edited by Bill Strong
updated date for 2021 schedule opening up.
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

You can now enter 2021 events

Gingerman filled up quick! But we did come in second at Watkins registration. 

 

EDIT- Nevermind.  Must have been a glitch in the Matrix.  We are in now.

 

 

Gingerman.jpg.28644766918a1c7e19fae89bdf368428.jpg

 

 

Edited by Logdog
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

While you’re fixing stuff, I think you spelled Sebring incorrectly as PBIR?

 

Nope. The SCCA now has some agreement with NASCAR/IMSA as the path to being a real racer, which I always just thought was a path through the drive through at the bank. Well, the SCCA has taken all of our dates at tracks owned by NASCAR. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...