Jump to content

Good Bad and Ugly Discussion.


Recommended Posts

I was not at Indy but it looks like the car dominated.  So is it legal?  Does anyone know their points break down?  If it is legal, is it healthy for the series to have a car that is 5+ seconds a lap faster than the rest of the field?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning folks.  I had a great discussion with Mike Chisek and Bill Riley yesterday.  I knew that the TAC was working on about 5 or 6 additional cars that need revalued on the VPI list so for 2021

My story.  I'm not one for protesting.  Have never done it. I also understand that post race tech, whether protested by a team or discovered by tech, illegal is illegal.  When I am asked to withdraw m

Just to be clear.  Nobody is upset with GBU for building the car or how the team is or drives.  We are upset with how the series handled teching and point association with this car, both pre and post

Posted Images

Ok ill bite,

 

From the pics i saw, i saw a few things id be questioning but I havnt set eyes on it personally.

 

I do not know it but i do I want to see the tech sheet

 

No it is not good, and it will get points or I’m betting a lot of people will walk from the series.

 

Still impressive build

Link to post
Share on other sites

The bar that wrapped around the front of the motor was something that is 100% not allowed per the BCCR, I believe Huggy even pointed out the exact rule on that thread too.  That is one that really bugs me as you can't say tech missed it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would they dominate every track? Would they dominate COTA even? Indy seems to be a lot of WOT....

 

They made a car from 1978 last more than 20hours, good job!

 

And something else than a Miata/BMW won, that's always fun.

 

 

Edited by turbogrill
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, hotchkis23 said:

The bar that wrapped around the front of the motor was something that is 100% not allowed per the BCCR, I believe Huggy even pointed out the exact rule on that thread too.  That is one that really bugs me as you can't say tech missed it.

 

I'm torn.  There are just 2 foreword tunbes coming off the cage.  The tube that runs in front of the engine is welded on top of that, which I can see an argument being made for calling it a strut tower bar.  Which they pay for.

 

There are a handful of other things that are well into grey area though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SonsOfIrony said:

 

I'm torn.  There are just 2 foreword tunbes coming off the cage.  The tube that runs in front of the engine is welded on top of that, which I can see an argument being made for calling it a strut tower bar.  Which they pay for.

 

There are a handful of other things that are well into grey area though.

I'm torn too.  They are fast as heck and even if the grey area stuff was gone, they aren't going to slow down much. 

 

Idk how the heck I could get another 6 seconds a lap out of the Miata at Road America, so I prefer to live in denial.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LuckyKid said:

Idk how the heck I could get another 6 seconds a lap out of the Miata at Road America, so I prefer to live in denial.

 

Ah yes.  Egypt has such a rich culture and history.  Not sure I'd like to live there, but visiting is nice.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, turbogrill said:

Would they dominate every track? Would they dominate COTA even? Indy seems to be a lot of WOT....

 

From a much slower car's standpoint, I would say yes.  It seemed to pass pretty much anyone, any time, anywhere.  Maybe not a go-kart track, but anything bigger than that it would probably give just about anyone else a run for their money.  It was stinky fast everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, SonsOfIrony said:

 

Ah yes.  Egypt has such a rich culture and history.  Not sure I'd like to live there, but visiting is nice.

I'd rather have something that Styx in the corners.

 

Obviously I have too much time on my hands.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rick.Cook23@yahoo.com said:

Sunday's results show the '78 Vette finished 2nd.  But their lap sheet shows them in 1st most of the day AND at the end of the race.

So, who won on Sunday?

The lap sheet probably doesn't account for the 9 or so margin of victory penalty laps that they started with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, enginerd said:

The lap sheet probably doesn't account for the 9 or so margin of victory penalty laps that they started with. 

So they won by 9 laps one day and made up 9 laps the next- not to mention an extra pit stop for fuel as well.

 

Must be some spectacular drivers, because the present rules would never allow that big a difference in car performance.

Edited by mender
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, enginerd said:

The lap sheet probably doesn't account for the 9 or so margin of victory penalty laps that they started with. 

What you talking about willis? There hasn't  been a MOV rule for some time now, just a lap on day 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

What you talking about willis? There hasn't  been a MOV rule for some time now, just a lap on day 2.

 

It's still in the BCCR.

 

1 Lap for ever lap ahead of second place, plus one additional lap.  So, they finished Saturday 9 laps up, and started Sunday with 10 penalty laps.

Edited by SonsOfIrony
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SonsOfIrony said:

 

It's still in the BCCR.

 

1 Lap for ever lap ahead of second place, plus one additional lap.  So, they finished 9 laps up, and started with 10 penalty laps.

Hmmm, thought that was dropped, can anyone confirm how many laps GBU had starting day 2?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Team Infiniti said:

Hmmm, thought that was dropped, can anyone confirm how many laps GBU had starting day 2?

 

 

The scrolling info banner at the bottom of the live stream listed GBU as starting with 10 penalty laps.  

Screenshot_20200913-223643.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...