Still waiting on that new BCCR....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Patience everyone.   The guys at Riley are working as fast as they can writing the 2021 rulebook so they can turn it over to the series for publication. 

Chris Huggins, our new Tech Writer, is combing through the rulebook to make sure it is technically written.  He has done a lot of work in a short time.  I have not seen a draft copy yet, but should se

Posted Images

Patience everyone.   The guys at Riley are working as fast as they can writing the 2021 rulebook so they can turn it over to the series for publication. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 14
  • Administrators

Chris Huggins, our new Tech Writer, is combing through the rulebook to make sure it is technically written.  He has done a lot of work in a short time.  I have not seen a draft copy yet, but should see one soon so the BOD can look over it and approve or make suggestions for changes.  Please be patient.  I also know that the BOD is having discussions on VPIs that were recommended by TAC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
4 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Chris Huggins, our new Tech Writer, is combing through the rulebook to make sure it is technically written.  He has done a lot of work in a short time.  I have not seen a draft copy yet, but should see one soon so the BOD can look over it and approve or make suggestions for changes.  Please be patient.  I also know that the BOD is having discussions on VPIs that were recommended by TAC.

Wait, @Huggy actually got approval to do a re-write?

I was a little impatient to see the new rules, but if Chris is doing a proper evaluation of the wording, then it's likely worth the wait.  That's a big undertaking, but an important one.  

• Like 7
  • Administrators
Just now, SonsOfIrony said:

I was a little impatient to see the new rules, but if Chris is doing a proper evaluation of the wording, then it's likely worth the wait.  That's a big undertaking, but an important one.  

We brought Chris on as the technical writer (approved by the BOD and volunteer position) as he has awesome skills and we wanted to use his talents as well within ChampCar.  I believe Chris's technical skills will make the BCCR better.  We did announce this at the BOD meeting last month.  

Again I will apologize on behalf of the organization on delaying this BCCR release, but I know it will be good with Chris on board.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, SonsOfIrony said:

Bill still "owns" the book as the media guy, I just get a shot at review before it gets sent to the BOD for their approval.  

I've been doing some house (roof repair) work this week, but I will get my current review done this weekend at the latest.  I believe we are on round 5 so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

Bill still "owns" the book as the media guy, I just get a shot at review before it gets sent to the BOD for their approval.  

I've been doing some house (roof repair) work this week, but I will get my current review done this weekend at the latest.  I believe we are on round 5 so far.

I used the term re-write liberally.

Either way after reading all of last few years of petitions, I trust "the book" is in safe hands.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Allay my concerns that the BCCR isn't being "technically written" to manipulate the definition/interpretation/outcome of provisions which have previously been defined/interpreted/finalized. 

Because I have a real concern that myriad items will be reinterpreted as a result of this process. In many cases, it only takes a word or two. 

9 hours ago, Snorman said:

Allay my concerns that the BCCR isn't being "technically written" to manipulate the definition/interpretation/outcome of provisions which have previously been defined/interpreted/finalized. 

Because I have a real concern that myriad items will be reinterpreted as a result of this process. In many cases, it only takes a word or two. 

Only thing that can do that effectively is you seeing the final product.

My direction from the CEO and BOD is that I am not to change the intent of anything without approval.  Which makes perfect sense.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
9 hours ago, Huggy said:

Only thing that can do that effectively is you seeing the final product.

My direction from the CEO and BOD is that I am not to change the intent of anything without approval.  Which makes perfect sense.  

You need to stay off the forums, let your roof leak and finish that rule book.  J/K thanks for all your doing.  You'll be on the BOD next year hopefully.

• Like 1
On 9/25/2020 at 7:38 PM, turbogrill said:

There was something about non adjustable shocks being 0pts? Or was this just that the 2x is removed?

So a height adjustable shocks is still 10pts? But you can buy one for $20 or $2000

Feel free to watch to BOD meeting where they briefly touched on this topic. Or the other option is to wait for the BCCR to come out. Anything else isn't worth listening to , reading, or commenting on as its either hearsay or just banter used to rile up a bunch of people witch is toxic.

6 minutes ago, Gkuhn41 said:

Feel free to watch to BOD meeting where they briefly touched on this topic. Or the other option is to wait for the BCCR to come out. Anything else isn't worth listening to , reading, or commenting on as its either hearsay or just banter used to rile up a bunch of people witch is toxic.

True :)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gkuhn41 said:

I agree with this completely. 

I started a thread on this the evening of the BOD meeting. The language in the points I bulleted was exactly what was stated, but we should wait until this is final

i did a bunch of tweaks and fixes on the language today. sent back, and will await and see what the boss thinks.
Chris and I have been working well together, at least from my side of it. I think we are close. Well, I think we are there. :)

• Like 1