Lighting source clarification?

Hello, I am new to this comp and am a little confused on the wording of the rules for lighting. It says:

Cars having more than four (4) light sources
mounted on the car, whether working or wired for use, will
be required to COMPLETELY REMOVE all lights above the
count of four (4).

What is defined as a single light source? Are headlights considered one lightsource, a lightbar another, tail lights, etc? also would a multiple light bars count as one source or each are one single source?

I apologize if this info is already in the forums, I did a couple searches and couldn't find anything to clarify it directly.

Disclosure: I am not an official.

As I understand it this is only referring to front facing (head) lights.  They don't want people with 6 light bars blinding everyone and their brother on track.  So if you add lights beyond the typical headlights, don't add more than two.

If your car has separate bulbs for high and low beam and you are retaining those lights, that is all you are allowed under the current rules.  I hope the 2021 rules improve the lighting section as it is a mess.  With a limit of 4 bulbs, as I've been told is the case, technically none of the LED lights are legal as they have far more than 4 light emitting sources....

4 individual headlights. So, 2 OEM high beam bulbs plus 2 additional aftermarket lights (LED, HID, whatever) OR 4 aftermarket lights. If you have separate low beam bulbs, pull them out and throw them in the trash.

45 minutes ago, ross2004 said:

This is considered one light source. Prepare to be shocked when you show up for your first night race. 

IMG_1232.JPG

You are incorrect, it is 2.

We run our high beams as the other 2, they share a housing with low beam, they are removed.

Also to answer @jlesky

Minimum lights: 2 brake lights, 2 headlights, 2 tail lights, stock is fine in back regardless of how many bulbs, but you want need more up front, you can have more in back

Edited by Team Infiniti

Another way to interpret this for LED is 4 light housings— I got a tech clarification since we have housings that have a divider between 2 groups of LEDs and they can look like 2 lights.  What really matters is lumens.  No more that 8000 and needs to have documentation. 

9 hours ago, eyeballs19 said:

Another way to interpret this for LED is 4 light housings— I got a tech clarification since we have housings that have a divider between 2 groups of LEDs and they can look like 2 lights.  What really matters is lumens.  No more that 8000 and needs to have documentation. 

And let me tell you...  there are some with the SUN on the front of their cars.