Breather hose sucking shut.

16020075865661863896429.thumb.jpg.591a97308e27a4a42267aab84a50298a.jpg So, my car has a line from each valve cover teed together.  This then runs to the intake near the throttle plate. (Red hose in lower center of picture)

It sucks this line shut with a quickness and makes a horrible sound.

Should I put some type of check valve in that line?  Would it work?  What about a pcv?

Any help is appreciated!

Rob R. 

19 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

16020075865661863896429.thumb.jpg.591a97308e27a4a42267aab84a50298a.jpg So, my car has a line from each valve cover teed together.  This then runs to the intake near the throttle plate. (Red hose in lower center of picture)

It sucks this line shut with a quickness and makes a horrible sound.

Should I put some type of check valve in that line?  Would it work?  What about a pcv?

Any help is appreciated!

Rob R. 

Wrong hose material

Just now, ross2004 said:

Are both supposed to be to vaccum? Usually one side is fresh air in (intake tube), and the other sucking through a PCV valve. 

Also this

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Have you looked up a vacuum line diagram from the donor car ?    

Lololol.  Not gonna happen.

For 1, there was only 1 side connected previously iirc.  I did both because we had issues with our v8 smoking in turns.  It was weird and a breather in each valve cover solved it.

For 2, I don't have any of that stuff.

The v8 car just had the vacuum lines attached to a catchcan with a filter on top.

I could just do that again.

I was just wondering if there was a "cleaner" way to do this.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 55mini said:

We flow from the vent over to the catch can and then a return from the catch can to the intake side of the air intake.

Has worked fine for about six years now.

Oh, I like that.  I'll see what that does.   Wait, I can't.  I have a breather on my catch can.  That would leave a big vacuum leak.  Hmmm.  Maybe cap off the breather?

1 minute ago, 55mini said:

Forget the breather as it is not needed in that set up.

It is also the vent for the line that runs from the fuel tank that used to run to a charcoal canister.  (Small emissions line attached to small valve for pressure release)

Fuel vapor into the intake okay?

11 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

It is also the vent for the line that runs from the fuel tank that used to run to a charcoal canister.  (Small emissions line attached to small valve for pressure release)

Fuel vapor into the intake okay?

Won't hurt a thing and will improve your fuel economy 🙂

And this becomes the vent for the catch can.

Edited by 55mini
addition
  • Thanks 1