• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why cant we just get rid of points for anything that makes the car more reliable but doesn’t make it any faster.     Lets say my cars vpi is 500pts.  I want to put a better radiator on it to

Just wanted to add a note to address a few things I have seen come up already.   As the Tech Writer, the fact that the tech desk is not updated at this time is 100% on me, and I apologize fo

In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, turbogrill said:

You are right they mention autoparts stores. That's a little odd, I try to buy OEM.

I think it should be OEM pricing. 

If my radiator broke I would probably buy a OEM radiator for $280 instead of a $180 from Autozone.

I am sure the tech guys will use common sense and make sure the intent is followed.

(Imagine if autozone had a sale day if tech, and you all of a sudden gets dinged 30pts. Or someone said they bought the radiator in japan when the currency was different)

Just get the radiator listed in the post before this one!

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Just get the radiator listed in the post before this one!

True!

Our $1600 diff is 25pts, our $280 radiator is 30pts :)

Edit:

Eitherway the new rules looks great. Thanks.

Edited by turbogrill
9 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

True!

Our $1600 diff is 25pts, our $280 radiator is 30pts :)

Edit:

Eitherway the new rules looks great. Thanks.

One of those let’s you do a single lap faster and the other one helps you run the entire race faster. Choose wisely

• Like 2

What is the reasoning to change the radiator value over what it was? I'm installing another radiator and the points went from 10 to 30. An Ebay cheapy is $59 while Motorcraft is $311. The one I'm putting is cost me $139. 

18 minutes ago, hotrod said:

What is the reasoning to change the radiator value over what it was? I'm installing another radiator and the points went from 10 to 30. An Ebay cheapy is $59 while Motorcraft is $311. The one I'm putting is cost me $139. 

What car? Autozone/napa list above $139 you should be fine.

I think you should be able to use OEM prices, rules says NAPA/Autozone, I hope they won't use ebay prices. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, hotrod said:

What car?

Bummer, 30pts for $37....

edit:
Maybe they need to put back the 10pts for $300 rule for 1-2 years. Seems like plenty of people are getting screwed by this.

Unless there is a better way.

Edited by turbogrill
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, hotrod said:

This is what I'm putting in obviously not stock for a 2002 Focus. But last year this was 10 points with 2021 rules it's now 30. Just looking for why?

Radiator Ford 19x28 ALL30024 Allstar Performance

Speedway motors?  That's the same one I run...

7 minutes ago, hotrod said:

Allstar Performance

I bet they are identical.  If not, speedway offers the SAME one with different widths if that helps.

I can find you an eBay 3 row for Ford for 99$ I bet...  gimme some time.

3 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I bet they are identical.  If not, speedway offers the SAME one with different widths if that helps.

I can find you an eBay 3 row for Ford for 99$ I bet...  gimme some time.

Thanks but I already have this one and have started to install it.

1 hour ago, hotrod said:

This is what I'm putting in obviously not stock for a 2002 Focus. But last year this was 10 points with 2021 rules it's now 30. Just looking for why?

Radiator Ford 19x28 ALL30024 Allstar Performance

That radiator will be free.  What makes you think it's 30?

The shock deal has the potential to get stupid really quick.  

There is one caveat that could really keep costs under control, but I’ll ask the tech desk first.  If it’s what I hope it is, they screwed up writing the rules and there will be lots of money wasted.  

• Like 1
11 hours ago, turbogrill said:

Whats all these new parts?

You could do wilwood 4 pistons before, but pay points for the bracket. So the bracket is free (1pts).

Rotors where 2x so you could fit a huge rotor if wanted.

I guess you could do 2 piece rotor now? Its that the benefit?

As for shocks you could do Penskes in 2020, now you can do Revalved Penskes? Or whats the difference?

Alternator

All accessory brackets

Starter

Clutch

Flywheel

radiator(sort of)

I just gained the use of approximately 27 points, which means either a header or 944S2 intake manifold for us.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ronh911 said:

Alternator

All accessory brackets

Starter

Clutch

Flywheel

radiator(sort of)

I just gained the use of approximately 27 points, which means either a header or 944S2 intake manifold for us.

Well we just lost 20pts, so almost even :)

enjoy the header...

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ronh911 said:

Alternator

All accessory brackets

Starter

Clutch

Flywheel

radiator(sort of)

So handing out free stuff weather its reliability or not contributes to speed creep.  Who'd of thought?    oh and adds to spending?  We could cut a few pounds on our cars now with 5-7 pound alternators for free.   oh wait, not really free just no points

Edited by JDChristianson
  • Like 3