2020 is a e36 m3 show (grm)...

What have y all found to cope with it?

I like blantons bourbon, or 4 roses single barrel and a cigar...  like everyday.

What's everybody else doing (other then shitting on champcar on the forum)?

I was working until I got laid off a couple months ago.  Since then, been working on a never ending honey-do list, some light remodeling, fencing in rest of my pasture I didn't get to last year, job hunting, got to run at Indy then sold off our car, spending WAY too much time on the forum and dreaming up the next build for the day when time and money will allow.  I'm not fancy, stick with Coors, Coors Light, and Lone Star.  Silver bullets and Lone Star go well with outside work.  The Banquet Beer works good for relaxing after the sun goes down.

Edited by karman1970
2 hours ago, YoKramer said:

Aberlour A'Bunadh has been my go to whisky lately.

As for things other than booze Ive gotten into PC building and gaming as well.

What the he'll is that whiskey?  Is it wheated or other?

20 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

What the he'll is that whiskey?  Is it wheated or other?

Like Florah said its a single malt from Aberlour. Cask strength so a little goes a long way lol. Their standard 12 year is fantastic as well.

On the bourbon side Id say Basil Hayden and Blanton's are some of my favorite.

• Like 1
On 10/22/2020 at 8:05 AM, YoKramer said:

As for things other than booze Ive gotten into PC building and gaming as well.

If you built a PC for gaming, you should join us in the ChampCar iRacing Series on Wednesdays.  

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

If you built a PC for gaming, you should join us in the ChampCar iRacing Series on Wednesdays.  

Ive thought about it but have yet to take the plunge into iRacing. Still on Assetto Corsa, not sure I want that monthly bill if I dont know ill be on it all the time.

Add to that my less than desirable rig right now it would be a mess lol.

Bourbon, cigars, finished putting shelving in my basement (although I'm still sorting things to put back in totes), built/rebuilt a new PC, and spending WAY too much time playing Modern Warfare.  This was my first time doing any sort of PC water cooling and I have a new GPU coming whenever EVGA gets around to shipping the 3080 FTW3 cards again, so I will be redoing the loop when that comes in and a waterblock is available.  Disregard the extra 8 pin PCIE connector, when I put everything in the new case I decided to run the wiring for the 3080 instead of just doing 2x8.  I plan on picking up a VR headset soon and getting back into iRacing as well.  

One thing that has really helped with the lack of social interaction working from home has been hanging out with people online.  As much as I hate the amount of time I spend playing games now it is nice that I have friends that are open to jumping on and playing a few matches when we're all bored together.  I also have been joining @wvumtnbkrand some others a night or two a week to hang out on Zoom.  It's not drinking alone if you are talking with friends online right?  

20201012_144513.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Heres my build from March (Ryzen 3600 & 5700xt), Ive added a tower cooler for now too. Want to go water cooling when I upgrade to the Ryzen 5000 cpus and a 6000 GPU sometime early next year. I really need to build a sim setup so my pedals stop sliding away from me when I drive.

https://i.imgur.com/kD24rnQ.jpg

• Like 1