Thursday, October 30, 2020

Re: ChampCar Endurance Series CEO/President

To the Members of ChampCar:

On Sunday, October 25th, 2020 the Board of Directors received notice that Mike Chisek is stepping down as CEO/President of ChampCar Endurance Series (ChampCar).  Mike will stay on with ChampCar until December 15th, 2020.  The Board of Directors has hired Dana Morrison to fill the need of the CEO/President position of ChampCar.  Dana brings a lot of experience from ChampCar as an Event Director and can lead us into the next period of growth for ChampCar. 

What does this mean for ChampCar?  This means that we will continue as a club and we will be looking at how we can continue to improve our series to put on the best amateur endurance road racing in North America.  Our goal is to continue to provide the simplest path to road racing.  We have an awesome 2021 schedule lined up and are ready to see you at the track.

Please help us by thanking Mike Chisek for his 10 years of dedication to our series and we wish him well in his future endeavors.

Mike Chisek will continue to run for the Board of Director spot in the current election. 

If you have any questions in regards to the CEO change please direct them to the Board of Directors at board@champcar.org

We look forward to seeing you at the track!

Sincerely,

ChampCar Endurance Series Board of Directors

cc: Richard Waldrop, Secretary, ChampCar Endurance Series Board of Directors
      William Strong, Marketing Director, ChampCar Endurance Series

• Sad 2

Sad this is happening, Mike has been a HUGE asset to this series and even if we don't like his stance on something have always, unquestionably, trusted his leadership.

Thank you Mike C for everything and wish you could/would stay.

Dana will make a fine CEO

• Like 7
Thursday, October 30, 2020
Re: ChampCar Endurance Series CEO/President

To the Members of ChampCar:

On Sunday, October 25th, 2020 the Board of Directors received notice that Mike Chisek is stepping down as CEO/President of ChampCar Endurance Series (ChampCar). Mike will stay on with ChampCar until December 15th, 2020. The Board of Directors has hired Dana Morrison to fill the need of the CEO/President position of ChampCar. Dana brings a lot of experience from ChampCar as an Event Director and can lead us into the next period of growth for ChampCar. 

What does this mean for ChampCar? This means that we will continue as a club and we will be looking at how we can continue to improve our series to put on the best amateur endurance road racing in North America. Our goal is to continue to provide the simplest path to road racing. We have an awesome 2021 schedule lined up and are ready to see you at the track.

Please help us by thanking Mike Chisek for his 10 years of dedication to our series and we wish him well in his future endeavors.

Mike Chisek will continue to run for the Board of Director spot in the current election. 

If you have any questions in regards to the CEO change please direct them to the Board of Directors at board@champcar.org

We look forward to seeing you at the track!

Sincerely,

ChampCar Endurance Series Board of Directors

Mike and his brother started up an RV repair shop and business is really good. 

I think I screwed up the merge. But.. it's somewhere.

• Administrators

I have a lot of respect for Mike and what he has done for this series.  You could tell the man was getting tired and it was not fun for him anymore.  I have enjoyed my time next to Mike on the BOD and learning a lot from him.   He will be missed as the CEO, but hope to retain him on the BOD side to continue the transition.  

I look forward to working with Dana coming up here in December. 

• Like 7

Mike, I wish you all the success in life and thank you for running this operation for the benefit of us all. It has to be tough in the best of times but this year especially has likely taken the last bit of fun out of the job. Please come out and race with us and leave the cats to the next CEO. Seat is always open for you. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Mike and his brother started up an RV repair shop and business is really good. 

Oh wow...that's awesome. From what I've seen, the RV industry seems to be doing well. I read that there was a 30% increase in RV shipments from last year recently. People want to be in their own little getaways rather than a resort or hotel room. 

9 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

Does Dana get a seat on the BOD by default?

Does that mean we only have 2 open positions to elect this year?

No.

All 3 positions(those held by Rich, Tiffany, and Mike) are still up for vote

CEO and BoD member are two different positions and the CEO does NOT have to hold a position on the BoD.

• Thanks 1
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, ABR-Glen said:

Does Dana get a seat on the BOD by default?

Does that mean we only have 2 open positions to elect this year?

49 minutes ago, jakks said:

No.

All 3 positions(those held by Rich, Tiffany, and Mike) are still up for vote

CEO and BoD member are two different positions and the CEO does NOT have to hold a position on the BoD.

Right now our bylaws state the CEO and Chair of the BOD are one of the same. We are working on getting a draft edited copy to be voted on by the members to change the bylaws so those two are separated. Dana will be CEO and will NOT be on the BOD but will REPORT to the BOD. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Dana will be CEO and will NOT be on the BOD but will REPORT to the BOD

This is the best option and the correct way of doing business the way I see it. Thanks for the clarification Tyler, your the man.

• Like 1

For the newer Champcar members, I don't think words can accurately describe the efforts and leadership Mike put into the series. Keep in mind his leadership started during the "revolution" of Champcar from a single owner business (with some animosity to the owner at the time) to a club with elected leadership. Without Mike making this move, I think Champcar would have died long ago. 

Mike I hope to see you at some future races, with alot more time to shoot the s(*&. 

• Like 7

Mike, I want to Thank You for that long conversation we had a while back. It set me straight on what this series stood for at the top. I sure hope that doesn't change any way but for the better, but you have set a very high standard to accomplish. As I watch from the sidelines, the person who I believe is holding this series back is still around. I really hope that changes because I will not let one penny of my hard earned $ go into that persons pocket as an employee of ChampCar.

I sure hope that person wasn't a factor in this decision. Because if it was, then the wrong person is leaving. I hope you have a prosperous future and the new CEO see's its biggest problem and can get it fixed.

My only vote is with my dollars.  If it wasn't for Mike's integrity, I would not have even seen this because I would have been long gone. Let's drive out that bad apple that the series knows exists but has yet to address, and then watch this series explode to the next level.