Bernie Myers running for 2021 Board of Directors

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Driveshaft is free with trans swap...

That's been common knowledge for a while now. 

But a DS is not an axle. And this opens the door to hardened, much more durable axles for basically free with nothing more than a diff swap. 

It probably shouldn't be a surprise. People were getting free cams with OHC head swaps because they were part of the head assembly. I'm pretty sure that ended a couple of years ago, but maybe not. And I think I recall they were claiming that the intake should have been free too because it was required to run that head, lol. 

• Technical Advisory Committee
On 12/4/2020 at 6:30 PM, Snorman said:

That's been common knowledge for a while now. 

But a DS is not an axle. And this opens the door to hardened, much more durable axles for basically free with nothing more than a diff swap. 

It probably shouldn't be a surprise. People were getting free cams with OHC head swaps because they were part of the head assembly. I'm pretty sure that ended a couple of years ago, but maybe not. And I think I recall they were claiming that the intake should have been free too because it was required to run that head, lol. 

Yes you get the cams that come with the head swap on an overhead cam engine.

Hey snorman just for giggles post up a picture of everything you get with that 10 point panard bar.

Edited by Ray Franck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/25/2020 at 10:31 AM, Jer said:

I know this isn't the purpose of the thread, but allow me to opine here.  I don't think we have rules instability.  We tweak them every year but don't make wholesale changes.  What we have is instability in tech and their valuation.  Dana will be making changes to that.  Stay tuned.

Pretty sure that has been the series line often repeated through the years since the first board was created and favoured teams identified along the way.  Good luck Dana.

Edited by Ron_e

On 12/12/2020 at 11:30 AM, hotrod said:

Oh well........ I'll try again next year..........

So were the official results released? 

As usual, the series stated that the results would be reported on December 12th and I have seen nothing. 

Because it's becoming clear that there is zero accountability from people in the series at pretty much any level. 

9 minutes ago, Snorman said:

So were the official results released? 

As usual, the series stated that the results would be reported on December 12th and I have seen nothing. 

Because it's becoming clear that there is zero accountability from people in the series at pretty much any level. 

I believe they said results would be released Dec 15th. That's tomorrow.

1 minute ago, petawawarace said:

I believe they said results would be released Dec 15th. That's tomorrow.

...we'll compile all the votes and on Saturday, December 12th we will announce the three members who garnered the most votes...

We can't even get a response from the BOD on a VPI question for 6 weeks, so this really should come as no surprise.