Jump to content

2021 National Championship Standings as of 11.3.2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After participating in 14 races this year, all with the same car, and being the only one who drives the tow rig to each of those races.  I find it very rewarding for myself and my team to be able to s

Guys you can twist the past to fit any narrative you want.  Last year (this last Feb) it was two distinct races.  So that is the most recent precedent.  I'm not going (well maybe as a driver but not m

Parc ferme for the Championship Contenders, double race weekend for the other racers.  Run concurrently with Contenders gridded 1st on both days in qualifying/Saturday finishing order.  Separate troph

Posted Images

I was trying to figure out for myself, because the rules aren't clear to me.

 

Is the tie breaker the number of races entered? I suppose it could also be the number of championship points accumulated over the 5 race minimum - including the "dropped" points from the lower 3 finishes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Technical Advisory Committee
19 minutes ago, Ronh911 said:

Technically we should be in first due to the number of races we have been in. 

 

I don't know about technically, but anybody that enters their car in 10 races by the end of October should get the tie breaker even if it doesn't mean anything but bragging rights at this point.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

It is winner take all remember.  So really the only reason this list matters is for 1) to qualify and for 2) where you will start.

I need every second of a head start I can get to try and stay ahead of all those V8s!  I can see CC and GBU sucking the duct tape off my car as they both fly by me on either side! lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it was said that race # requirement may be waived due to COVID, has that happened? We are sitting at 4 races with 1st / 3rd finishes and did 2 more races with a backup car (with a 2nd place). I think we have earned a spot in the ‘ship. 

Edited by enginerd
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Technical Advisory Committee
5 minutes ago, enginerd said:

I know it was said that race # requirement may be waived due to COVID, has that happened? We are sitting at 4 races with 1st / 3rd finishes and did 2 more races with a backup car (with a 2nd place). I think we have earned a spot in the ‘ship. 

1.5. NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP An annual National Championship event will be held at a track designated by the CEO.
1.5.1. In order to qualify for the National Championship, a ChampCar team must: a. Finish in the top 75 in points for the previous season. b. Teams must compete in at least five (5) races in the previous season.

Did your team (Premium dudes):
a) Finish in the top 75 in points for the previous season?
b) compete in at least five (5) races in the previous season?


 

Edited by red0
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, enginerd said:

I know it was said that race # requirement may be waived due to COVID, has that happened? We are sitting at 4 races with 1st / 3rd finishes and did 2 more races with a backup car (with a 2nd place). I think we have earned a spot in the ‘ship. 

That exception for number of races was only for Orange cars not yellow.  😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, red0 said:

1.5. NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP An annual National Championship event will be held at a track designated by the CEO.
1.5.1. In order to qualify for the National Championship, a ChampCar team must: a. Finish in the top 75 in points for the previous season. b. Teams must compete in at least five (5) races in the previous season.

Did your team (Premium dudes):
a) Finish in the top 75 in points for the previous season?
b) compete in at least five (5) races in the previous season?

You are correct!! I didn’t realize this was team specific not car specific. We’re good to go. 
 

@Bill Strong please correct the championship rankings to show that Premium Dudes is eligible.

 

 

 

D6C7FE50-69C8-4BA2-85B4-817F67BAA02C.jpeg

Edited by enginerd
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Ronh911 said:

I need every second of a head start I can get to try and stay ahead of all those V8s!  I can see CC and GBU sucking the duct tape off my car as they both fly by me on either side! lol

 

Don't worry, we'll be in the pits putting fuel in the car an hour before your gas light comes on.... lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

It is winner take all remember.  So really the only reason this list matters is for 1) to qualify and for 2) where you will start.

 

Im curious how this works for day 2.  does the grid reverse?  does the winner of day one have to start laps down?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
14 minutes ago, MoparBoyy said:

 

Im curious how this works for day 2.  does the grid reverse?  does the winner of day one have to start laps down?  

 

I would like to see a parc ferme on this event to be completely honest.  A national champion should be able to go 15 hours and not go 7 hours, break then another 8 hours after working on the car all night.  I am not sure how it will be done for next year at this point. Last year for Sonoma it was done with the points from both days and if there was a tie it was the best finish on Sunday.  I like parc ferme obviously. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

 

I would like to see a parc ferme on this even to be completely honest.  A national champion should be able to go 15 hours and not go 7 hours, break then another 8 hours after working on the car all night. 

 

Yeah i get that.. a national champion should also do more than 2 races too though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators
Just now, MoparBoyy said:

 

Yeah i get that.. a national champion should also do more than 2 races too though.

 

That is why the requirement was set for 5 for 2020, I don't know with COVID what that looks like but should be at least two race weekends and not just one weekend of racing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

 

That is why the requirement was set for 5 for 2020, I don't know with COVID what that looks like but should be at least two race weekends and not just one weekend of racing.

 

for sure.  I know the up north guys got screwed worse than us southeast guys, we actually didn't lose any races this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, enginerd said:

You are correct!! I didn’t realize this was team specific not car specific. We’re good to go. 
 

@Bill Strong please correct the championship rankings to show that Premium Dudes is eligible.

 

 

 

D6C7FE50-69C8-4BA2-85B4-817F67BAA02C.jpeg

 

 

BBY Racing Should also be eligible, as we did 4 with the Boxster 1 With The Altima 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...