Jump to content

2020 Bell Racing Sebring 14 - Official Results, Pictures, Videos


Recommended Posts

Pretty sure I blew right passed someone (a porsche 944) under caution coming out the carousel sometime after 10 pm.  Even with in-car video I can't see the yellow flag, but I think it was there.  Apparently wasn't called in either, though.

Edited by krispykritter
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

 Hilarious watching Sahlens cars going by me while I am ticking off my 10 penalty laps. Think I'm going back to EC.

How does going "back to EC" help your situation?

 

Edited by QuaTTro
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, QuaTTro said:

How does going "back to EC" help your situation?

 

It allows me to make improvements to try to be competitive on the track. Not competitive for the win (that's just not realistic) but to not be a rolling chicane. Could we make no cost changes to the car to lighten it up or make it faster? I guess, but it won't make it fast enough to make a difference. Our last car (RIP) was fun to drive and easy to zoom through tech each year in EC. When your car starts at 530 stock (330ci) what's the point? I'd just rather go fast and pass a few cars here and there. We probably picked the wrong car but I had a ton of M54 spares. But that's a whole different thread. Did not mean to hijack this one. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

It allows me to make improvements to try to be competitive on the track. Not competitive for the win (that's just not realistic) but to not be a rolling chicane. Could we make no cost changes to the car to lighten it up or make it faster? I guess, but it won't make it fast enough to make a difference. Our last car (RIP) was fun to drive and easy to zoom through tech each year in EC. When your car starts at 530 stock (330ci) what's the point? I'd just rather go fast and pass a few cars here and there. We probably picked the wrong car but I had a ton of M54 spares. But that's a whole different thread. Did not mean to hijack this one. Thanks

Exactly our thinking. The series, IMHO, is becoming laughable when "Classed" cars are doing NASA GT3/American Iron lap times. These cars are usually north of $50K build costs. We will not be building our next car for this series, rather a competitor with "real, honest and competitive" rules. We have been a multiple EC class winning car in the past and we will go back there for the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AtlJimK said:

Exactly our thinking. The series, IMHO, is becoming laughable when "Classed" cars are doing NASA GT3/American Iron lap times. These cars are usually north of $50K build costs. We will not be building our next car for this series, rather a competitor with "real, honest and competitive" rules. We have been a multiple EC class winning car in the past and we will go back there for the future.

Just curious, where will you be going?  On the east coast anyway, the only series with potentially more affordable racing that I am aware of is the Citrus Flavored one.

 

btw, the E30 is looking pretty sharp.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Just curious, where will you be going?  On the east coast anyway, the only series with potentially more affordable racing that I am aware of is the Citrus Flavored one.

 

 

 

Can't speak for AtlJimK but I'm planning to run both east coast LuckyD races next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ben 595 said:

 

Can't speak for AtlJimK but I'm planning to run both east coast LuckyD races next year.

🤣🤣🤣

I do want to run at Kershaw again.  I might come check it out, although I'd be in SD class without some specially marked tires

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Huggy said:

Just curious, where will you be going?  On the east coast anyway, the only series with potentially more affordable racing that I am aware of is the Citrus Flavored one.

 

btw, the E30 is looking pretty sharp.

 

 

We will be focusing on a simple weight/hp endurance series. Also have 2 co-owners interested in licensed club racing. The citrus series, again IMHO, is not serious and we are about racing.

 

Thanks on the car compliment. We have worked hard to make it competitive. In fact, we took a page from your book, maybe several. Descent result two weeks ago, 24 overall and 12th in class with two of us running the car out of fuel due to venting issues.

Edited by AtlJimK
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

In that case they might have run re71r since it's an excellent rain tire :)

 

Also brings up a problematic twist, some teams run the re71r as a rain tire but RS4 as a hot tire.

It’s been discussed, if rain tires are going to be a thing, the race director can call when that change is acceptable;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...