49.jpg   October 9-October 10, 2021
CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK (MOSPORT): 8+7 Enduro, $1300
Bowmanville, ON
"The Perry Performance & Competition CTMP Grand Prix"
Early Pay Discount Ends: August 10, 2021
Event Director: carlwener@hotmail.com
Entrant List

Event subject to 20 team pre-registered with deposit before February 1st 2021

Deposit- $250 non-refundable/ non-transferable per event per team.

Event subject to cancellation if 20 team minimum is not met before FEB 1st 2021.

Full payment required 60 days prior to qualify for early entry discount.

Champchange, US event transfer/ credit not applicable for CDN events

Full price after June 15, 2021 $1,300USD

Earlybird Discount $1,100USD early bird 

Refunds will be made if we don't get the required 20 entries by Feb 1st

The Perry Performance & Competition CTMP Grand Prix

Updated 10/7/2021

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   Acura 4 Now 524 2007 Acura TSX
2.   Apex V2R 86 2013 Scion FRS
3.   BD Machine Worx Racing 16 2007 Chevy Cobalt
4.   Blitzkrieg Racing 242 2001 BMW 325ci
5.   Blox Racing 96 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt
6.   Carfab Motorsports 52 2004 Chevrolet Cavilier
7.   DriveTeq Racing 821 2009 BMW 128i
8.   Enduro Speed 97 2001 Honda S2000
9.   Fawn Group 26 2005 Volkswagen Jetta
10.   Go! Racing 649 2008 Honda Civic Si
11.   Hammerheads Racing 275 2003 BMW 325xi
12.   MDR Motorsports 830 1993 Mazda Miata
13.   MiElan 150 1990 Mazda Miata
14.   MiElan Plus 2 5 1990 Mazda Miata
15.   NO BUDGET RACING 63 1990 HONDA CIVIC
16.   North by Northeast Racing 380 1992 BMW 325i
17.   OB Prestige Auto 333 1997 honda civic
18.   OEM Free 284 1999 Honda Civic
19.   RBA RX7 137 1982 Mazda Rx7
20.   Red Cow Racing 2 1994 BMW 325i
21.   Safety 3rd Motorsports 869 1993 BMW E36 325
22.   SENT FROM THE GORDS 114 1995 BMW 325i
23.   Team Charette 57 2020 Nissan 370 Z
24.   Tech-53 Motorsports 53 1995 BMW M3
25.   Throttle House Racing 72 2001 BMW 330ci
26.   Tires23/DT Tire 94 1994 Acura Integra
27.   Tomlinson Motorsports 48 1997 BMW 328
28.   TWOth Autosport 22 2007 Honda Civic Si
29.   TWOth Autosport 49 1996 Honda Civic
30.   Wheelhouse Racing 627 2003 Nissan Maxima
31.   Xtreme Motorsports 75 2019 Nissan 370Z

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember another series saying they had a hard time getting their racing cars through customs to race at Mosport. Does anyone know what we can expect at the border?

We understand the personal requirements. I’m asking about getting the car through customs. 

Thanks,

Bob

• Administrators

Just make a list of all your gear, tools, car vin's. engine vin's, and a list of all of your passengers, with your itinerary. Explain where you are going and that all of the listed items will be returning with you back to the USA. Make a version for the USA customs as well. 
Do a background check on your race cars to make certain they don't show up on any wants and warrants as well. and make certain that everyone in your car is good to cross into canada, no past criminal offences (You committed a serious crime (domestic abuse, drug trafficking, theft of over $5,000) or a non-serious crime (drunk driving offence, simple assault, theft under $5,000).  How do I Know if I'm Eligible for Criminal Rehabilitation? Visit here to get https://recordfree.ca/application-rehabilitation/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwpreJBhDvARIsAF1_BU0gDej4-g7Ok_OAdwLMCNoVMvQEmRJupwrizZ2XB0VgskbM8Zb3kyMaAvSaEALw_wcB

COVID-19 restrictions and requirements to travel to Canada.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

59 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Explain where you are going and that all of the listed items will be returning with you back to the USA. Make a version for the USA customs as well.

and then, make sure you do return with all the listed items, even if it is damaged or worn out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everything Bill said is right. Have it all documented.  95% of the time its not needed, and the guards are cool about it. But that 1 guard thats not can be a pain.

I would recommend crossing at Prescot, Gananoque or maybe another one further east. They are very familiar with the dirt cars crossing there and will be easier about it. Buffalo etc may not be as easy.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, petawawarace said:

Everything Bill said is right. Have it all documented.  95% of the time its not needed, and the guards are cool about it. But that 1 guard thats not can be a pain.

I would recommend crossing at Prescot, Gananoque or maybe another one further east. They are very familiar with the dirt cars crossing there and will be easier about it. Buffalo etc may not be as easy.

I would agree, everytime I enter through Buffalo my car has been strip searched. Just to go see some stupid waterfall. 

• Haha 1

I have been crossing the border for many years to race in Canada. I all those years I have never needed to open a trailer door. Sometimes they ask more questions, and others very few. It is generally always the same thing. Where are you going, how long will you be, are you leaving anything in Canada, do you have any drugs, alcohol, firearms? 

When you arrive at the booth, roll down your windows(so they can see all the passengers), take off any sunglasses, turn off the radio, and shut your engine if you drive a diesel truck. Have  personal credentials ready for all passengers, and have vehicle/trailer registrations ready if needed.

My experience at the border has always been favorable. Crossing with an enclosed trailer with race car and contents has not created any additional problems.

In the end there is a fear that there will be great scrutiny of the trailer and its contents. They might ask what it inside, but ultimately nobody really cares what is in there.

My advice to anyone considering this race, do it, you will not be disappointed. 

• Like 2

Wheelhouse Racing basically buttoned up the final bits last night. Car fired. Suspension all put back together. A few odds and ends to finish over the next month plus finding a test day to run it at. Otherwise we are ready to go racing. 

As we tend to tend to say on our team, all of those other tracks are great, but they’re not Mosport! Bring your big boy pants and lets play!

• Like 3

Thanks, everyone. We’re all good. I’m actually typing this from Quebec City. Crossing from Maine was almost a “normal” event. Other than the COVID test and some ArriveCAN info, pretty simple. 

Back in the garage, we’re tracking down a power steering leak, changing the oil and doing a complete brake job. We had a great race at Thompson and looking forward to riding the momentum at Mosport.

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 3