Official 2021 - RVA Graphics & Wraps Daytona Beach 14-Hour

Bill Strong

On 2/18/2021 at 8:24 AM, Bogey Goff said:

Dinanm3atl,

If you get an answer from Chelsey, can you please post the answer here.  I had the same question. Thank you!

Basically what Bill followed up with is the answer I have. So we have an RV being dropped off with a generator. We actually are not 'camping' in it so doesn't really matter. It's to be out of weather on Friday and Saturday only.

19 hours ago, Snorman said:

We've been busy fixing broken poop. 🙁

I think everyone will find the pictures of your broken poop...interesting!

Very excited for this race!  As usual, we think all we need to do is shove the car back into the trailer to wait for the next race...and end up spending 5+ weekends fixing/tweaking/breaking/fixing things a second time no matter how smooth the last race went.

Also, we might be taking ourselves a little too seriously these days...

signal-2021-03-12-133118.jpeg.c1ddc0fcb875b73ee1f49dd09eb8efc0.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:14 PM, DuncanDana said:

We are no longer doing Tech that way. We are testing the electronic self-tech form this weekend at VIR and if things work well we will continue to roll it out for the rest of the year. You will be able to enter all your modifications and points yourself. Tech will only be checking for safety equipment. This should speed the process up considerably.

Dana

Hey Dana, we want to change from C class to EC. We start 7 laps down in C so may as well go EC and race for a class win. How do we change the online tech sheet from last year's info?

1 hour ago, BigMoneyWasters said:

Hey Dana, we want to change from C class to EC. We start 7 laps down in C so may as well go EC and race for a class win. How do we change the online tech sheet from last year's info?

just come to tech and they can do it.

Does anyone have a spare E36 wiper arm laying around that they are willing to sell and are heading to Daytona?  Just think, if you help us out, we will have windshield wipers, and therefore it will NOT rain.  Thats a win-win right there!

• Technical Advisory Committee
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Schultz said:

Does anyone have a spare E36 wiper arm laying around that they are willing to sell and are heading to Daytona?  Just think, if you help us out, we will have windshield wipers, and therefore it will NOT rain.  Thats a win-win right there!

Let me check with Dan on the Rocketham team. They are running an e36 and may have one and will be at this race. 

I can take one off of my M3 e36 and bring it if you don’t find one before I leave. I made the wise decision to turbo it for more power so of course it is broken down right now anyway. 

Edited by Burningham
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Schultz said:

Sweet!  Any help would be appreciated

We can then send you the new one we ordered, which will hit RVA on Friday........after we have left.

Are they the same left and right? If I pull mine off which one do you want?

2 minutes ago, Schultz said:

I think they are the same, but we need a passenger side if they are different.

Thanks again

Dan didn’t have one so I will grab mine. Will look you up there. 

• Like 2

Just as a side note. I found my wiper problems at Sebring last year were from the wiper arm being stripped out and spinning on the shafts coming through the cowl. I added setscrews to the stripped out wiper arms. I found an old article on an E30 forum about this problem. The replacement arms are expensive and will strip out again. Time will tell if this is a permanent fix. 

so what if you get out of shape some how in the bus stop and hit a cone on accident (come in to hot, etc...) do you still get a prenatally or is that for people who are being aggressive and taking an advantage of the wider track? 

31 minutes ago, Chris Huggins said:

Orange cones always  work out well in bus stops...

That is going to be a nightmare 😨

Can someone sneak out and steal the cones before the race starts? It will benefit 120 teams. 

Supps updated - Hit refresh on your phones or browser. V6 - Race day update is your latest

https://champcar.org/register/supplementalrules/435.pdf

Pump out info for campers.
Showers are closed and includes restroom updates.

Procedures for lightning redflags.

23 minutes ago, smitham32803 said:

so what if you get out of shape some how in the bus stop and hit a cone on accident (come in to hot, etc...) do you still get a prenatally or is that for people who are being aggressive and taking an advantage of the wider track? 

22 minutes ago, Andrew D Johnson said:

That is going to be a nightmare 😨

Can someone sneak out and steal the cones before the race starts? It will benefit 120 teams. 

Stop being babies.  don't hit the cones. If lemons can race without hitting stuff, I know you skilled champcar racers can do the same or better.

• Haha 2