2021 Official - Road America Spring - The National Championship

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ChampCar National Championship at Road America Additional event sponsor gifts brought to you by ChampCar Staff Member Dennis Morgan   Leinenkugel- 1 Hammock, 1Inflatable paddle boat w/oars

I signed us up for this race today!  Looking forward to driving at this course again, but the rest of the driver lineup has not been there before so we decided this would be our bucketlist track for t

I wonder if your BMW will show up to this one or if it'll blow the engine before it leaves the garage. Didnt you say that you were going to be on the podium in the fall?

Posted Images

I hope they just jammed a solid axle in the rear to show how little of a difference that C4 irs made. Of course that would cost points as well versus stock irs.

They show entered for Daytona the week prior, so I'd guess making both is out.

On 2/19/2021 at 10:37 AM, Bill Strong said:

Road America sponsored Test day link added.
Champ Car Test Day April 16th, 2021 
http://msreg.com/04162021

Anybody else notice that the test day is nearly 3X the cost of years prior to have all 4 drivers get a chance to drive the car?

There better be some serious value add for that kind of price hike.

37 minutes ago, Ian said:

Anybody else notice that the test day is nearly 3X the cost of years prior to have all 4 drivers get a chance to drive the car?

There better be some serious value add for that kind of price hike.

It was $300 last year for the team.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, 55mini said:

I looked from Bills link and it said $350?

+$150 for each additional driver.  So if we want the whole team to turn some laps it's $800.

Which is frankly BS because there's still only one car.  Extra wrist bands can't be that expensive these days.

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

+$150 for each additional driver.  So if we want the whole team to turn some laps it's $800.

Which is frankly BS because there's still only one car.  Extra wrist bands can't be that expensive these days.

Well sorry missed that, we will argue that since it is one car and just multiple drivers. Past action sets a precedence as we have never paid for extra drivers.

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Are you sure? I got to the checkout page with 2 drivers and it was still $350

Road America Champ Car-Friday April 16, 2021

Qty Item Amount
1 Friday Test Day-Registration fee $350.00
1 Additional Driver #1 $0.00
1 Car Information $0.00
Total Due: $350.00
  • Like 1

Guys we don't control the test day.  That is track specific.  We get no revenue as an org from that and therefore can't tell you what you will get or not get.  

• Technical Advisory Committee
Posted (edited)

Ahem.  Y'all can thank me.  I sent a note to the organizer and they looked back at past track days and reconsidered the extra driver fee.  No extra $150!!!!!.  I'll take tips at the track.  Or beer.

Edit:  Actually you can thank Bridget Beck at the track who did the reconsidering.  Maybe beer goes that way instead.  But I did ask and got an email reply stating such.

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
4 minutes ago, Burningham said:

Ahem.  Y'all can thank me.  I sent a note to the organizer and they looked back at past track days and reconsidered the extra driver fee.  No extra $150!!!!!.  I'll take tips at the track.  Or beer.

Thanks now bring your snow tires and you will be good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jer said:

Guys we don't control the test day.  That is track specific.  We get no revenue as an org from that and therefore can't tell you what you will get or not get.  

I was not blaming CCES.  This is just my place to reach the group of people who are actually going to this race to see if I was the only one caught off guard.  And judging by rogers post it was the right decision.

Together we are strong.

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

I was not blaming CCES.  This is just my place to reach the group of people who are actually going to this race to see if I was the only one caught off guard.  And judging by rogers post it was the right decision.

Together we are strong.

High Plains is a great track but test days there suck too.  $120/person.  For a 24 hour event it was 720$ for the team which was crazy.  But did allow me to run the Elise out there when the Miata was on track, and another not-to-be-named teammate flogged a rental Camry which was pretty funny.  it had no tires or brakes left when we were done.  :)

1 hour ago, Jer said:

High Plains is a great track but test days there suck too.  $120/person.  For a 24 hour event it was 720$ for the team which was crazy.  But did allow me to run the Elise out there when the Miata was on track, and another not-to-be-named teammate flogged a rental Camry which was pretty funny.  it had no tires or brakes left when we were done.  :)

I would gladly pay that to ride that rollercoaster all day.

Best track eva!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 55mini said:

Thanks now bring your snow tires and you will be good.

A Lexus has grip no matter what tire you use.  It's all that downforce it creates.

17 minutes ago, Burningham said:

A Lexus has grip no matter what tire you use.  It's all that downforce it creates.

Please tell your team the blue miata with the yellow stripes is not there to help you slow down if you over cook a corner!😉

1 minute ago, hotchkis23 said:

Please tell your team the blue miata with the yellow stripes is not there to help you slow down if you over cook a corner!😉

They are knuckleheads from Alabama. You know it’s not going to do any good to tell them something like that.

Hey do you need a spare Miata? When I got home from the Barber race I found a couple lodged in the air filter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Burningham said:

They are knuckleheads from Alabama. You know it’s not going to do any good to tell them something like that.

Hey do you need a spare Miata? When I got home from the Barber race I found a couple lodged in the air filter. 

Bahaha, actually we could grow the stable....  just make sure them boys bring their big boy pants and get ready to be given point byes and racing room from us courteous northern folk...