Tracks we no longer race at.

1 hour ago, turbogrill said:

So you think the cost of the race is an issue for COTA? You think more people would go if  it was $1500 instead of $2000?

Either I typed that wrong or you read it wrong.  COTA is stupid expensive for the club to rent is what I meant.  I think we would probably need over 100 cars to come close to making it work, but that's just a guess since I don't know what the overall expenses are for us, just an idea of what the track costs to rent.  I do know they are more per day than a lot of the places we rent cost for the weekend.

1 hour ago, Burningham said:

Either I typed that wrong or you read it wrong.  COTA is stupid expensive for the club to rent is what I meant.  I think we would probably need over 100 cars to come close to making it work, but that's just a guess since I don't know what the overall expenses are for us, just an idea of what the track costs to rent.  I do know they are more per day than a lot of the places we rent cost for the weekend.

Got it!

I think they are like $70k a day, just a number being thrown around when the other organizations rent. 

2 hours ago, turbogrill said:

Got it!

I think they are like $70k a day, just a number being thrown around when the other organizations rent. 

That's crazy isn't it?  I don't know how a group like Edge Addicts or Chin can make it work.  But they do, so they have something figured out.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Burningham said:

That's crazy isn't it?  I don't know how a group like Edge Addicts or Chin can make it work.  But they do, so they have something figured out.

Not really crazy.  Instructional days are a cheaper rate than competition events.  

I would like to take my v8 to COTA one day...  raced it the first year with a sporty RX7 and enjoyed it, just felt like it was a better track for more power!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Justin9 said:

I would like to take my v8 to COTA one day...  raced it the first year with a sporty RX7 and enjoyed it, just felt like it was a better track for more power!

You would enjoy the hell out of it with the power.  Since you have driven it you know it's a neat track in the way parts are power and parts are tight handling.  I did a DE there once and had to work my ass off because they assigned me two students in different groups, left little time to drive my car but it was still a blast.  We have entered every race Chump/Champ has been there, and will again if we ever get back there.

1 hour ago, Justin9 said:

It's a surprisingly more technical track than it seems. The back straight is nice, but leads to one of the slowest sectors on the track.