Splitter Skid Blocks - Protect your Splitter

To keep our shop busy between jobs we've been running "Rugged Badger Racing" parts.  Next up are these splitter blocks which are mounted on the bottom of the splitter to protect it from contact on the track.   We've been running similar versions and they work great and make cool sparks!

I am pricing them basically at cost here:

https://ruggedbadger.com/product/splitter-scuff-blocks-universal/

DSC_7453-scaled-e1608506085479.jpg

20200826_171919 (1).jpg

• Technical Advisory Committee

Haha, very cool!  We’ve been running a similar device and they really keep the splitter from stalling and from eating itself up on the soft springs we run.

How much life are you getting from the AR500 over mild?

12 hours ago, Huggy said:

Haha, very cool!  We’ve been running a similar device and they really keep the splitter from stalling and from eating itself up on the soft springs we run.

How much life are you getting from the AR500 over mild?

We've just been using Titanium but switched to AR500 which we think will perform better and its much more economical.   We get a weekend of heavy abuse (scraping in 2-3 brake zones and a corner or two every lap).  It would last a season for a team that only has contact on curbs or "offs".  

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, LuckyKid said:

We've just been using Titanium but switched to AR500 which we think will perform better and its much more economical.   We get a weekend of heavy abuse (scraping in 2-3 brake zones and a corner or two every lap).  It would last a season for a team that only has contact on curbs or "offs".  

Interesting - I am getting the same out of mild-cold-rolled.  I wonder what it would take to get more life. 

1 hour ago, The Aero Man said:

It looks to me that the splitter portion around the skid is crushed upward? Is this happening or am I just seeing it? It would make sense that a point load on the splitter might punch a hole in it. 

Yes, it is pushing up into the alumalite somewhat, but the top layer of alumalite isn't that strong.  We put an 0.060" an aluminum plate on the top, but will likely add one to the bottom, its kind of at the limit of whether or not we should distribute the load better.  

This is our 4th or 5th splitter I think. We were fed up with having to remake them after they get ground down or ripped off.