Google and cookies?

Just now, Bill Strong said:

then opt out. we use google products. have been for years. nothing new. its just that we have to let you know now.

It wouldn't let me opt out...that button wouldn't "click" It appeared I had to except cookies and 3rd party to enter the site. I just scrolled down and clicked the "forums" link while the pop up was on.

Just now, Bill Strong said:

windows phone. does the internet even work on that?

very well. It does everything any other phone can do.  

3 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

wondering if your windows phone wont process the JavaScript for the GDPR pop-up form.

ohhh. I see the issues on a phone. I'll fix that

I don't use my phone for the internet if at all possible. I honestly don't know how people can stand using such a small screen, squinting moving the screen, blowing up pictures. 99% of the time I'm on a laptop or desk top. I'm on a lap top now. It will not let me opt out

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

wondering if your windows phone wont process the JavaScript for the GDPR pop-up form.

ohhh. I see the issues on a phone. I'll fix that

Pictures are fine, could be this is my work laptop and they have limited the Java. Will try on another one later

• Administrators

ok. now it should work.
the box that is marked and does not allow you to uncheck is a requirement that you have read it. It's required for our European racers. and people in California.

Just click "reject all" then accept. then if you want. you can turn off accept cookies in your browser, or use some sort of blocker.
But you will need to turn that off to use register for a race.

I don't use Java. It's JavaScript. Its different. Most websites use it. a lot of it.

• Like 1

@Bill StrongSo I have to ask, why do you care about GDPR? Unless you are trying to adopt those privacy practices as a "best practice", I can't see how CC would be exposed to GDPR requirements, and frankly, there's no way in hell you can cover the process bureaucracy required for compliance at your org size.

Are you trying to expand internationally???? Do tell......

• Administrators

It's a member run company. I can just let that stuff slide. Except the GCPR would come after me. so hey. This is my day, night, weekend job. I like my day, night, weekend job.
I also spent 20+ years building ecommerce and web platforms for the state of Virginia. so I tend to over do it sometimes. But... better safe than sorry. 

We do have European and UK customers. And we do operate out of California which have their own rules much like the GDPR. So...

• Administrators

International events. Unless you are Canadian, then it's a local event / un événement local

August 14-August 15, 2021

CALABOGIE MOTORSPORTS PARK: 8+7-Hour Enduro, $1300
Calabogie, ON
"Calabogie Enduro"
Early Pay Discount Ends: June 15, 2021
Event Director: carlwener@hotmail.com
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

October 9-October 10, 2021
CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK (MOSPORT): 8+7-Hour Enduro, $1300
Bowmanville, ON
"The Perry Performance & Competition CTMP Grand Prix"