Drivers side floor coating recomendations.

I'm looking for a good non-slip product to put on our drivers side floor.  I've tried numerous things and they either just don't work or wear away very quickly.  Can anyone recommend something in particular.  We have had more then 1 instance of trying to get into the car and having our foot slip on the floor while our other is still on the ground. Trust me doing a split on the NASCAR bars is NOT fun!!

Thanks Ron

Slip Funny GIF - Slip Funny Bathtub GIFs

Aluminum tread plate, but in your case maybe too much weight?? Do they make duct tape in tread plate 🙂

They make it very thin which allows it to bent or formed to the floor.

Some of the truck liner stuff is also really tuff and course.

• Thanks 1
  • Technical Advisory Committee
11 hours ago, revvhappy said:

Skateboard grip tape. 

11 hours ago, Ray Franck said:

Corse sand in paint.

31 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

Truck bed liner spray.

Many ways to skin that cat. 

32 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

Truck bed liner spray.

Depending on which you choose some is bumpy but slick with no grip another has no shiene and quite grippy. 

Skateboard grip tape is my recommendation.  Lasts a LONG time and is very cheap and easy to apply.

This exact stuff is in both my cars

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002E0B2BK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 4

How do your shoes do with the grip tape?  Seems like the heel would be gone after a race. 

Can anyone speak to the pros/cons of a grippy vs slippy floor while driving?  Mines slippy, never bothered me so I’ve never tried grippy.  Might like it. 

4 hours ago, ETR said:

How do your shoes do with the grip tape?  Seems like the heel would be gone after a race. 

Can anyone speak to the pros/cons of a grippy vs slippy floor while driving?  Mines slippy, never bothered me so I’ve never tried grippy.  Might like it. 

The slippery floor is only a problem when it’s wet out.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Ray Franck said:

Depending on which you choose some is bumpy but slick with no grip another has no shiene and quite grippy. 

I should have stated Rhino Lining.  Choice of the military for blast & vehicle protection Ray.  My company used to apply it to all Fire equipment vehicles that we built as per specs.  If it wears out the surface was just not prepared correctly nor  applied correctly period.  Apply it and forget it.  The same product you buy off the shelf.

9 hours ago, ETR said:

In all the cars I've installed it in, where you want to plant your foot to get in or out is usually far enough away from where your feet reside while on the pedals that it isn't an issue.  You really only need the tape on a spot about 1' square.  Just get in an out a few times while paying attention to where your foot ends up, you'll see.  The area at the pedals remains with simple paint (which gets worn shiny after one weekend). 

The grip tape so you don't slip on your way in/out is one of those simple and cheap items that just make the car "better".  Hard to quantify, but certainly worth it.

• Like 4