FS: 1993 BMW 325is - Los Angeles

I have a coworker with a 1993 BMW 325is that he's looking to get rid of. I'm posting here because he's tired of smogging it and just wants to get rid of it. He mentioned making a choice between scrapping it, donating it, or calling one of those "we buy any car" guys to come get it. I told him to hold off for a bit, because I know some people that are always looking for pristine shells. Am I right in thinking that some people here would have interest? I can organize getting some pictures if necessary, but I figured I'd gauge interest first before going through the work.

1993 325is

Original owner with full maintenance records

73k miles

Automatic trans

Has lived under a cover in Los Angeles for its entire life, so the paint is great and there's no known rust

Replaced all the struts at some point, not sure on the year at the moment

Factory upgraded wheels package including matching spare 

I don't have a price, because I have no idea what's fair. I trust the input of most of you here, so make a fair offer and come pick it up if you want it.

Edited by LAMR2
3 hours ago, ABR-Glen said:

Hmm, one way ticket to LA and 100 gallons of gas to get it back here, would you drive it 2000 miles in it's current condition?

Just talked to him. He stopped short of saying "yeah it could definitely do that", but there are no issues that would prevent it. Obviously you know old cars are old and new things can fail along the way when you're talking about a trip of that length.

I also tried to nail him down on the price some more. I think if you offered him something close to  $1k and took it from his driveway, he'd have no problem with it. He knows he could get a little more money somewhere else, but likes the idea of the car going somewhere it'll live on for a while.