Stint timer

petawawarace

I’m building a new dash panel for the car. I’m going to 3D print it and make it nice.  I’ve got a AIM G-dash, and all my warning lights etc.  I want to add a nice simple timer that the driver can reset when exiting the pits to time their stint.  All the kitchen timers etc are big and bulky, and have extra buttons etc.  Has anyone come across a nice simple timer that I can incorporate into the dash?

Not that it would work for you, but we kept the dash pod clock in our Cobra. It resets when the car is powered off for fueling, then starts at 12:00 when we power it up and start it to leave the pit box. So we know exactly what our stint time is. 

• Like 2

I've got a basic amazon clock/timer in a panel.  Most use a battery to keep time during power loss, so I simply don't run the battery and it restarts at 0:00 every stint.  It usually shows 10-15 minutes during the race start so I just make a mental note of it.

11.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris Huggins said:

This is what we use.   We removed the battery and hooked it up to the kill switch.  It starts when the new driver turns on the kill switch after pitting.

11 minutes ago, ETR said:

I've got a basic amazon clock/timer in a panel.  Most use a battery to keep time during power loss, so I simply don't run the battery and it restarts at 0:00 every stint.  It usually shows 10-15 minutes during the race start so I just make a mental note of it.

11.jpg

Same thing.  Same idea.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snorman said:

Not that it would work for you, but we kept the dash pod clock in our Cobra. It resets when the car is powered off for fueling, then starts at 12:00 when we power it up and start it to leave the pit box. So we know exactly what our stint time is. 

How many caution laps does it take for you guys to have to worry about driver stints going over 2 hours? 😀

5 hours ago, petawawarace said:

Thanks guys.  I searched all sorts of digital clocks/timers etc but didn’t think to add the word “car”. 

I ordered one, and I’ll likely use a NC momentary switch as a reset. That way it can be reset by the driver on the start of they like. 

Cheers. 

We to use these, with the button you will have to hold it at least two seconds.

Edited by Team Infiniti

• Technical Advisory Committee
Just now, Burningham said:

Order yourself a couple and we can add them to the panel

• Like 1