RaceFlux Custom Braided Hose - ANHosefittings.com

tneker

I have not used any of there hose. I have used a couple of there fittings and they looked and felt good.  I tend to only buy Goodridge hose and fittings and I could easily tell the difference in the two. Goodridge didn’t have what I wanted so they were a good alternative. I did find a few guys on eBay selling brand new surplus Goodridge fittings and hose for about the same cost as anhosefittings.com. 

• Technical Advisory Committee

Never used those, but I have had good luck with my local hydraulic shop (what caters to the construction guys fixing bobcats and track hoes and such) making me all sorts of custom lines and fittings for very affordable prices.  

I'd be concerned buying anything marketed as "race hose" - I just read that as "normal hose with a 50% markup"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris Huggins said:

I'd be concerned buying anything marketed as "race hose" - I just read that as "normal hose with a 50% markup"

And a complete lack of adherence to quality standards real OEM suppliers are required to meet….

• Thanks 2

Why not just make them yourself?  It's pretty straightforward. And there are fittings available to pressure test your work before you put it on the car.

If you decide to DIY- here's a good reference and great supplier: https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=1TECHPLUMBING

(I've also used cheaper items from Summit and Amazon without any issues)

• Technical Advisory Committee
56 minutes ago, revvhappy said:

If you decide to DIY, these simple plastic tools make pressing hoses into fittings (the worst part of the job) child's play. 

koultool-S.jpg.5f48c55db2a250264f045d41d7dfffd4.jpg

I sttruggled for 1/2 a day doing fuel lines the other day, I might get the -6 tool. 

Those are really nice tools, but if you are going make your own hose here is the best investment you will make bar none.

https://www.harborfreight.com/28-inch-cable-cutters-6649.html?_br_psugg_q=cable+cutter

The cutter cuts through the hose like butter and leaves such a clean edge on the hose that it is really easy to get the hose in the sockets. Pro tip, wrap the hose in fiberglass packing tape before you cut it, that also cuts down on the fraying.

• Like 1

• Administrators

The quality of the rubber is the big deal.  There are a lot of cheap hoses out there are just not designed for motorsport. 
I tend to stick with Earls hoses and fittings purchased from Jegs or Summit. I also have used Fragola as well. They make some nice hard to find fittings.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, revvhappy said:

If you decide to DIY, these simple plastic tools make pressing hoses into fittings (the worst part of the job) child's play. 

koultool-S.jpg.5f48c55db2a250264f045d41d7dfffd4.jpg

Koul tools make some of the best/easy to use tools for AN lines. I personally prefer to cut my braided line with a cutoff wheel instead of the giant wire cutter(I know it’s not recommended by the manufacturers) to keep from pinching the hose. Just makes it tough to get it on fittings. I only buy quality Aerospace hose and fittings (except the one special gauge fitting). I prefer Goodridge as it can be found at a bargain price. Definitely pressure test and routinely inspect all hoses.