Official 2021 Mid-Ohio 8+7 - Money Shift Racing Midwestern Regional Championship

Bill Strong

Have you been to a champcar race?

90 cars will be fine.  

The same / similar metric is used for cars per mile for all events that reach full capacity.

It just means more passing.  It (usually) doesn't mean any more carnage than any other event.

• Like 5

On 7/16/2021 at 9:30 AM, wvumtnbkr said:

Have you been to a champcar race?

90 cars will be fine.  

The same / similar metric is used for cars per mile for all events that reach full capacity.

It just means more passing.  It (usually) doesn't mean any more carnage than any other event.

Have you driven Mid Ohio?

90 cars at Mid Ohio will provide plenty of carnage. If it rains, forget about it.

9 minutes ago, shutupracing said:

Have you driven Mid Ohio?

90 cars at Mid Ohio will provide plenty of carnage. If it rains, forget about it.

Yep.  2 different races in 2 different series.

If it rains at mid Ohio, 1 car on track (well, 1 car off track) will be carnage.

• Haha 1

I have done a lot of racing with ChampCar. Been to over 250 ChampCar races. Even have a 12 or so trophies. 

Don't put yourself into a position to be part of any carnage. Situational awareness. 

Now I know some of you are pros. So my recommendations are only my opinion based on my experiences with ChampCar.

So don't focus on trapping the fastest speed to the next corner like your at your favorite HPDE. Focus on who and what is around you. And determine your next moves by those who's and things going on around you. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

I have done a lot of racing with ChampCar. Been to over 250 ChampCar races. Even have a 12 or so trophies. 

Don't put yourself into a position to be part of any carnage. Situational awareness. 

Now I know some of you are pros. So my recommendations are only my opinion based on my experiences with ChampCar.

So don't focus on trapping the fastest speed to the next corner like your at your favorite HPDE. Focus on who and what is around you. And determine your next moves by those who's and things going on around you. 

Ever been involved in an incident at Road Atlanta back before they figured out that too many cars on that track would be a wreckfest?

Edited by ABR-Glen

On 7/22/2021 at 6:55 PM, ABR-Glen said:

Ever been involved in an incident at Road Atlanta back before they figured out that too many cars on that track would be a wreckfest?

I was there in the middle of it. I loved racing at Road Atlanta with big numbers of entries.  The issue wasn't the numbers, though the public thought that, it was the number of "experienced" racers that suddenly found out we were fun to race in. They could not deal with the speed differential. The one dude (experienced licensed racer) that thought he could dive bomb another e30 into 5 that ended up taking out my car and two e30s, which was the cause for the CTJ bitch-out session over the loud speaker system. Much like the first Indy, rental sprint racers are not always the best choice of drivers.

• Like 4

I saw that but when were they available to rent?  I have emailed and asked About garages months ago and heard nothing. It was not an option when I paid my entry before the early discount expired either. If anyone was successful in securing a garage I would love to know how you got it done for future reference. 

• ChampCar Staff
2 hours ago, TimS said:

I saw that but when were they available to rent?  I have emailed and asked About garages months ago and heard nothing. It was not an option when I paid my entry before the early discount expired either. If anyone was successful in securing a garage I would love to know how you got it done for future reference. 

Once we hit the preset limit the option to select a garage goes away for teams registering. It prevents overselling the number of garages. I have you on my waitlist. If one opens up I'll contact you.

Dana

I appreciate being added to the waitlist but i did sign up very early on and never had the option for a garage.   Maybe this option wasn't available the first week the event was added?  

11 hours ago, DuncanDana said:

Once we hit the preset limit the option to select a garage goes away for teams registering. It prevents overselling the number of garages. I have you on my waitlist. If one opens up I'll contact you.

Dana

@DuncanDana can you put us on the waitlist as well?

On 8/11/2021 at 5:34 PM, TimS said:

I registered a long time ago and reserved a garage when I registered. 

This one hurts. Canadian border is open to USA travellers. But USA is closed to Canadian. Frankly I’m pissed!!!

One of my teams members is turning 50 that weekend and this track was high on the bucket racing list. 

There will be another entry open soon. 

signed one pissed Canadian.

Edited by Mopar 4 Life
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

This one hurts. Canadian border is open to USA travellers. But USA is closed to Canadian. Frankly I’m pissed!!!

One of my teams members is turning 50 and this track was high on the bucket racing list. 

Yeah this blows donkey balls.  

2 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

One of my teams members is turning 50 and this track was high on the bucket racing list. 

poop.