Aftermarket pistons when OEM is not availible?

turbogrill

• Technical Advisory Committee
On 1/29/2021 at 1:22 PM, turbogrill said:

Hi,

OEM Piston availability is getting difficult for my car, is aftermarket OK as long as the compression ratio is the same? 

Not sure what counts as OEM replacement here, maybe the rings are slightly higher/lower.

thanks

OE or OE equvalent part for that specific model is quoting the rule,  4.7.1..       Factory recomended overbore is allowed.  

1 minute ago, Ray Franck said:

OE or OE equvalent part for that specific model is quoting the rule,  4.7.1..       Factory recomended overbore is allowed.  

I guess the problem is what that means, seems like it can be subjective at some point. 

I am going to go with as along as the shape of the piston is similar and compression rate is the same it's OK.

12 hours ago, turbogrill said:

I guess the problem is what that means, seems like it can be subjective at some point. 

I am going to go with as along as the shape of the piston is similar and compression rate is the same it's OK.

I'd think wit and enduro car you wouldn't too much bore, not like a drag car where you can fill 1/2 the block. annnnnd... there are other ways to pick up compression.

• Like 1