2021 Road Atlanta Not-Quite 14-Hour Results, Video, and Images

Roger: This video was the previous stint with Mike wheeling the Supra. He has a LOT of laps at RA, a lot of laps in my car, and it certainly shows. I was feeling pretty good getting within a second of his FTD. When I came to talk to you I was referring to the battle that Scott and I had. Video coming soon. 

What you can't see in the video is that Cone Crushers was within striking distance behind for several laps. I was driving the next stint when Scott was in the CC car and we had a much longer "battle" - it was some of the most fun I've had racing the Supra. It's weird how you can have a race-within-a race and all of the other cars on track become strategic pieces of the game. You have to be focused 2 turns ahead to plan contingencies. 

Marc: I will be adding the electric grid defroster in Grumpy 2.0. And I'm going to need an entirely new set of decals for the new chassis!

Ron: What happened to the Visceral car after the T7 "off" in the video? Were you still behind Mike and Roger? If CC had a camera running it will have a front-row view of my spin in T3 - my camera is looking right at them with the 944 tires bellowing smoke as Scott deftly missed me (thank you). 

Krispy: My wife (she's an angel) is buying me a new GoPro. I will take any advice on a good overlay method. Which GP version and overlay software?

• Like 2
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Full disclosure here.  I'm the "driver in red".   Nothing that has been said here is wrong.  I'm not making excuses or looking for sympathy, but I am looking to be out in the open and not hi

During a FCY I was going through turn 10a/b and a safety trucked stopped. A worker got out and grabbed a pair of vice grips off the track, with a bare hand, and then immediately yelled and dropped the

Pretty rough weekend for the team as this car will have to get replaced.  Driver is sore but ok.  Full containment seat already in possession for the replacement car.     Pret

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, revvhappy said:

Krispy: My wife (she's an angel) is buying me a new GoPro. I will take any advice on a good overlay method. Which GP version and overlay software?

We've been using RaceRender to postprocess our videos.  GoPro saves all the telemetry data embedded in the videos, but their software sucks.  RaceRender isn't great (nor free), but was much better than trying to use the GoPro stuff.  Lots of options for what data you want to display and what widgets to use.  We never end up using the same stuff each time but we like seeing speed, course map, and a G meter.  Lots of options though.

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, revvhappy said:

Roger: This video was the previous stint with Mike wheeling the Supra. He has a LOT of laps at RA, a lot of laps in my car, and it certainly shows. I was feeling pretty good getting within a second of his FTD. When I came to talk to you I was referring to the battle that Scott and I had. Video coming soon. 

Yeah, well @chip is still going to say I'm slow.  He is just mean like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, ASenna said:

Would have been a great race with the race had CC, HN, and VIS, had caught up to the CRX, Red RX7, and Yellow Mustang in this vid...here's a chunk of time with us strategically cutting and carving out way thru traffic for over 30 mins

https://youtu.be/H1O6UwjEh9Y

Good stuff starts at 4:15

Is the time stamp on the video correct? If so it overlaps with the video I just posted (2:15-3:30). I wonder if CC and I were running similar times on the other side of the track...?

• Like 1

Also for your perusal (if you can find anything interesting in between black flags and the eventual conversation between one of our drivers and a pit worker), our track time during Friday's Test sessions: 

13 hours ago, ASenna said:

Would have been a great race with the race had CC, HN, and VIS, had caught up to the CRX, Red RX7, and Yellow Mustang in this vid...here's a chunk of time with us strategically cutting and carving out way thru traffic for over 30 mins

Fast but patient driving by your driver, hard to get that balance. Kudos.  

• Like 4
15 hours ago, ASenna said:

This was an absolute blast to watch!  Thanks for sharing it!

11 hours ago, Magical Trevor said:

Also for your perusal (if you can find anything interesting in between black flags and the eventual conversation between one of our drivers and a pit worker), our track time during Friday's Test sessions: 

Your driver with the red suit and orange gloves needs anger management classes.  Really  no need to burn out leaving pit lane.  WHAT A DICK  53:00

Edited by DEE DEE
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

Your driver with the red suit and orange gloves needs anger management classes.  Really  no need to burn out leaving pit lane.  WHAT A DICK  53:00

I reserved my judgement, but then watch the video starting @ 53.00....holy balls, he is not a nice person.

Edited by MichaelPal
  • Like 8
11 minutes ago, MichaelPal said:

I reserved my judgement, but then watch the video starting @ 53.00....holy ball, he is not a nice person.

Yeah, that was really uncalled for by the driver. The track safety crew determines this, not CCES

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Burningham said:

Fast but patient driving by your driver, hard to get that balance. Kudos.  

Thanks guys... I appreciate you letting me have some fun with you two (CRX & RX7) in our Capri (Freddie Mercury), even though we were 15 or more laps down.  I tried to mostly just stay out of your way and follow, knowing you were still in the hunt.  We'll see you in the next one!  

Edited by Dan Tiley
  • Like 4
18 hours ago, Magical Trevor said:

We do this for fun. Tell your driver to up his happy meds. Never EVER ever yell at a volunteer.....EVER......and and......also, tell your driver he’s a DICK. 

Edited by frankrehnelt
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, Magical Trevor said:

Berating a Champcar official/volunteer is ABSOLUTELY uncalled for.  If your driver had an issue with how things were being run then he should address this with the team captain and then the team captain can speak to the race director about their displeasure.   If the team captain is the offender then you should find another team.  Also, spinning the wheels on pit exit is a huge jerk move and safety issue.  That driver should have been called in and the car parked until the next test session.  

• Like 4
9 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

I think we have the first official donkey-hole of the day award winner.  They should of parked him for the weekend.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Burningham said:

I like the way it was handled on the receiving end, just calmly said hey your session is over now move along.  Showed a lot of restraint.

The dude was way more composed than I would have been. Go fuggggg yourself would have been me. Dude needs an award for self confidence and patience. 

• Like 3

Well I'm not going to say my pals name that the guy behind the wheel was mouthing off to but I guarantee that just a little bit more of it and a Real Carolina Azz Woop Woopin was about to come his way, dirt track style..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6