New Team Leader Starting a New Team, wanting all around experience before leading my team into the unknown

Hello my name is Holden, and I'm a Junior in high school.  I'm trying to start a ChampCar team out of my highschool and I want to know what its like to be on a team before leading mine. I have the funding to rent a seat, just need to find an opening. We plan to have our team ready for PBIR in September. If any team has an opening and is willing to take on a 17 year old let me know at holdenfuchs43@gmail.com or 7726437572

37 minutes ago, Holden said:

Hello my name is Holden, and I'm a Junior in high school.  I'm trying to start a ChampCar team out of my highschool and I want to know what its like to be on a team before leading mine. I have the funding to rent a seat, just need to find an opening. We plan to have our team ready for PBIR in September. If any team has an opening and is willing to take on a 17 year old let me know at holdenfuchs43@gmail.com or 7726437572

Welcome!

If you have not already, best thing you can do is attend a event, you are welcome to hang out or work pit with our 2 cars @ Daytona. #19 "Sharkcar" & #219 "Baby shark"

28 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Welcome!

If you have not already, best thing you can do is attend a event, you are welcome to hang out or work pit with our 2 cars @ Daytona. #19 "Sharkcar" & #219 "Baby shark"

I'll be there! do you have a social media I can follow?

If we make it to Daytona, I'll see if we can find you.  My 16 year old will likely be driving.  It's his 3rd season (hint, do the math on when he started).

He could likely give you some insight about what its like to get to play in a very 'adult' sport when most of the people there are old enough to be your parents.

Get to the track in any capacity you have.  Just offer up your efforts and you'll find people to accept you.  Might take a few tries to find the group you fit with, but there is no substitute for just absorbing and leaching knowledge off a team that has done it before.

The unfortunate part of getting started at your age is that you may not always be taken seriously at first.  You'll need a bit of a resume so keep track of events you go to and what you did at them.  For all we know you've been racing karts since before you could walk, but no one knows that.  Just bring the right amount of swagger and self confidence, a little will get you a long way, but the difference between enough and too much is a fine line.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MMiskoe said:

If we make it to Daytona, I'll see if we can find you.  My 16 year old will likely be driving.  It's his 3rd season (hint, do the math on when he started).

He could likely give you some insight about what its like to get to play in a very 'adult' sport when most of the people there are old enough to be your parents.

Get to the track in any capacity you have.  Just offer up your efforts and you'll find people to accept you.  Might take a few tries to find the group you fit with, but there is no substitute for just absorbing and leaching knowledge off a team that has done it before.

The unfortunate part of getting started at your age is that you may not always be taken seriously at first.  You'll need a bit of a resume so keep track of events you go to and what you did at them.  For all we know you've been racing karts since before you could walk, but no one knows that.  Just bring the right amount of swagger and self confidence, a little will get you a long way, but the difference between enough and too much is a fine line.

Thank you for that, if you guys make it to Daytona I would love to meet him.

crew for a team. Learn from them and from everyone else too.

I've been doing it for 4 years now. working on my car. But I have never had a hard time finding a team to hang with. It helps that I can cook. But it's not a requirment.

• Like 1