Late E30 Fuel Tank 16.6 Gal SOLD

No rust or damage, like new. 

Set up with dual pumps, transfer pump and lift pump with oem sending unit. 

Great upgrade for early pre-1988 BMW E-30's.

Pick up in MN, or can bring to Road America, Autobahn, Gingerman or Mid Ohio.

Shane 

DirtE-30 Racing

$125/B.O.

20210214_161057.jpg

20210214_161512.jpg

Edited by Shane G.
Missing info

13 hours ago, Shane G. said:

No rust or damage, like new. 

Set up with dual pumps, transfer pump and lift pump with oem sending unit. 

Great upgrade for early pre-1988 BMW E-30's.

Pick up in MN, or can bring to Road America, Autobahn, Gingerman or Mid Ohio.

Shane 

DirtE-30 Racing

$110/B.O.

20210214_161057.jpg

20210214_161512.jpg

Where exactly did you put the fuel cell? I went this route for my e30 build, but lately have been thinking about doing a cell. the question is where. *Or* do you have a custom cell made to fit in the OEM location since that location is pretty much ideal.....

23 minutes ago, atxe30 said:

Where exactly did you put the fuel cell? I went this route for my e30 build, but lately have been thinking about doing a cell. the question is where. *Or* do you have a custom cell made to fit in the OEM location since that location is pretty much ideal.....

If you can stomach the extra fabrication, hassle, and cost, cutting out the seat and dropping a custom cell at OE location is probably best (CG / MOI concerns). I considered this for a while before going easy button and tossing it in the trunk. Cut out the trunk floor and build your cell mounting structure right to the frame, push it as far forward to the diff as you can while still allowing tools to reach the diff drain plugs and bolts. Build the airtight bulkhead between the wheel wells and then connect back to the trunk / rear window junction. If any care to see my install, I’ll be at RA and Autobahn, come hang out and bring a beer and I’ll show you the setup, I’m very happy with it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, enginerd said:

If you can stomach the extra fabrication, hassle, and cost, cutting out the seat and dropping a custom cell at OE location is probably best (CG / MOI concerns). I considered this for a while before going easy button and tossing it in the trunk. Cut out the trunk floor and build your cell mounting structure right to the frame, push it as far forward to the diff as you can while still allowing tools to reach the diff drain plugs and bolts. Build the airtight bulkhead between the wheel wells and then connect back to the trunk / rear window junction. If any care to see my install, I’ll be at RA and Autobahn, come hang out and bring a beer and I’ll show you the setup, I’m very happy with it. 

ya, cutting out the seat was the direction i was headed. i just can't get past putting that weight in the rear of the car and higher up....i might bounce up to RA with friends to help them with pits, not sure yet though as its not the best time to be hanging out in northern-ish wisco weather wise:). if i do come up, will find you with beers.

1 hour ago, atxe30 said:

Install currently in progress.  But a 22 gal ATL box fit perfectly between the frame rails.  

85155.jpeg

• Like 3

• Shane G. changed the title to Late E30 Fuel Tank 16.6 Gal SOLD