What happened to your ChampCar today 2021 ??

17 hours ago, Timothy G. Elliott said:

Well it's out of trailer quarantine and into the garage, haven't found out for sure why it is so lame, but put the new distributor and coil back on it, still does lose power when warm, change the plugs, and checked the cylinder's, also cleaned the lift pump fuel filter nothing out of the ordinary. Wondering if the 044 fuel pump is not making enough pressure. That is what it acts like... Well enough for this weekend. I do have to fix the axel shaft hubs leaking a bit of gear lube on both sides. Might rebuild my first trans axel first and install that again I think the reverse switch was the leak on that one... To much work, but always fun when it's on the race car.

I had a mostly clogged fuel filter which acted a lot like how you describe. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've been working on fender flares using metal that we've removed from the trunk lid inside area.  I know it doesn't look like it covers the tire  at 2:00 but it does, optical illusion.    

Hit the dyno to break in new engine build...didn't break, and few extra ponies showed up to the party with a more conservative tune.  Just a few items left to do this weekend, test on Monday and park

Finally got paint on my 750 point 50 year old car  that would get spanked by RBank! LMAO   So again, why are ALL the old 911's valued at 750 points?  Even the early 2 liter ones when the 914

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mhr650 said:

That would cause me to be very suspicious of the wiring/relay. Also check your surge tank closely, they are infamous for coming full of chips, I know this one from experience.

What makes it difficult for you is that it only happens when everything is hot, it is very difficult to recreate this in testing around the neighborhood. Good luck.

Thats my plan check fuel pump wiring maybe take it a step further and set up a switch for the main and go direct to it, right now it's fed off the oem relay which also is new!

31 minutes ago, Timothy G. Elliott said:

Thats my plan check fuel pump wiring maybe take it a step further and set up a switch for the main and go direct to it, right now it's fed off the oem relay which also is new!

I have my fuel pump wiring set up like that. I can easily swap the spade connectors (~10 seconds) to go direct from switch to pump or to bring the relay into the circuit. Direct is great for garage work / pumping out the tank / troubleshooting. I run it through the relay before going to the track though, for safety. 

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 1
On 5/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, Bill Strong said:

testing my awesomeness. Ed, I can post images if I upload them.

Upload

opel-wing.jpg

Linked from my Google album

lJVNq0JtARuupBuJz4B1wivy5bnHsbUfNIXyD9GC

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iWbsv1jgX5MEPpFK8

Upload ? I am long out of room so I had adjusted to posting links and they no longer work, neither did your link...

What am I missing?

On 4/26/2021 at 12:52 AM, Team Infiniti said:

Trans fluid after last race

51127444267_9358f72c25_b.jpg

Tear down

51139882154_f06e2088f3_b.jpg

3rd gear clutch pack showing heat

51140211200_66e3ae5311_b.jpg

and wear

51138431347_d0bc4547df_b.jpg

3rd damaged drum, close to ripping circle clip out.

51138431352_9bec5a14af_b.jpg

Parts unit pulled off engine & stripped

51140211355_8a1303a7b5_b.jpg

"New" drums, pistons & planets to be cleaned inspected

51139324923_75746f73c1_b.jpg

Monday:

Order clutches, gaskets & 2/4 band.

Thank you bill for fixing the link issue, new clutches have arrived but here are the photos that didnt work earlier

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Thank you bill for fixing the link issue, new clutches have arrived but here are the photos that didnt work earlier

That fluid looks a little dark... Probably smells nice too.

Looks like third took some abuse in those fast late laps. 😀

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

Worth it, 4th band and 3rd clutch pack just arrived in the mail, $149!

Anyone that needs HD auto rebuild kits, see Level 10 transmission.

HD....  hmmm...  sounds like points!  #greenfont.

• Haha 3