Fielding petition input

31 minutes ago, Grufton said:

NOTE: If you remove material and then replace it with new material of course then you can reuse the removed and replaced material

Wow this is new to me... 

Can we delete that now that Jay is gone?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think wraps should be legal.  I think your tape should be legal.  Tape gets used too many ways in emergency situations to consider a rule against its liberal use, in my opinion.  There are bigger

So does that mean cars can’t be wrapped either?  

Red Green would not approve of limiting Duct tape! Me either.😁

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Wow this is new to me... 

Can we delete that now that Jay is gone?

I honestly think that was mistyped.  I have to have tickets that say the opposite.

Ticket 806 - You can't reuse the drivers seat because its been replaced.

Edited by LuckyKid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, LuckyKid said:

I honestly think that was mistyped.  I have to have tickets that say the opposite.

Ticket 806 - You can't reuse the drivers seat because its been replaced.

Also, engine swap, then reuse the old engine. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, enginerd said:

This sets a precedent that anything done with duct tape is free. That is the problem that I want to nip before some other team really makes it a problem.

The performance gain that Visceral has by doing this (if any) is irrelevant. Just like if I found some loophole that allowed me to run a turbo for free, and at the next 3 events I blew it up, the loophole would still need to be closed even though I didn’t actually do better with the free turbo. Get it?

“It’s not a big deal” is a really crappy reason to not resolve a rule issue. If you ignore enough things that “aren’t a big deal”, pretty soon some team will incorporate all of them and make it a problem. Partsbadger is that team, watch out. They already pushed through being able to use the replacement lexan rear window in a location that isn’t where the original window was. Mike and Tech misread the rule and allowed it, and then instead of saying “oops, undo your window” when I pointed it out to them, they changed the rule to make non-OE position of replacement window lexan allowed. “Yea, but changing the angle and position of the rear window isn’t a big deal, aero will be all wrong and gaps won’t align.” Add in a bunch of free duct tape and it’s a streamliner.

As a racer you know that it’s a bunch of little things that add up to make a big difference, why not close this one while it’s still little?

But in your streamliner example his duct tape is being used as a fastener.  And in my case my hood and fenders are fastened together with tape, my fenders are further fastened to the front air dam and center nose piece.  My doors are fastened to the body shell and cage with tape.  My quarter panels are fastened together from one side to the other and the rear body panel is fastened to the rear floor body. 

A fastener (US English) or fastening (UK English)[1] is a hardware device that mechanically joins or affixes two or more objects together. In general, fasteners are used to create non-permanent joints; that is, joints that can be removed or dismantled without damaging the joining components.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ronh911 said:

My doors are fastened to the body shell and cage with tape.  My quarter panels are fastened together from one side to the other and the rear body panel is fastened to the rear floor body. 

spacer.png

Noting the build tips. 

22 minutes ago, Ronh911 said:

But in your streamliner example his duct tape is being used as a fastener.  And in my case my hood and fenders are fastened together with tape, my fenders are further fastened to the front air dam and center nose piece.  My doors are fastened to the body shell and cage with tape.  My quarter panels are fastened together from one side to the other and the rear body panel is fastened to the rear floor body. 

A fastener (US English) or fastening (UK English)[1] is a hardware device that mechanically joins or affixes two or more objects together. In general, fasteners are used to create non-permanent joints; that is, joints that can be removed or dismantled without damaging the joining components.

Some of the tape use is definitely “fastener”. It’s the parts where you cut a hole in a body panel and then cover with duct tape that I say “building material”, not a fastener. Or if tape is used to span a huge space between body panels (or the huge gap between a repositioned rear window and the trunk) which are well supported in their own, it’s not a fastener there.

Certainly there is a mix of tape use that is just fine and tape use that under current rules should add points. 

Edited by enginerd
  • Like 1

Since you are asking for advice on how to present your petition, perhaps if you targeted your concern onto use of fasteners related to parts on the fixed value list you would get more support and still achieve what you are trying to do.

• Thanks 1