Looking for two drivers/crew for Laguna Seca November 20-21

$800 gets you two (2-hour stints) 

or

$500 gets you one (2-hour stint)

These prices include everything (entry ticket, gate ticket, tires, brakes, fuel, misc, insurance, etc.) The only thing you'll have to pay extra for is your hotel. 

We just picked up a 2002 ford Focus with a 2.5L engine swap from a member here (thanks again man! You are awesome) 

I am looking for a team of 4 for this event. So far it is me and my partner, so we need 2 more temporary drivers/crew for this one event.

The car is going to be refreshed and we are going to bring enough spares to get us back on track in the event of a break so I feel pretty confident we will finish. 

It currently sits at 471 points out of the 500. We are adding a chassis mounted rear wing and chassis mounted front splitter before the event to put us at 491 if I haven’t made a miscalculation on aero mods? 

If anyone would be interested in this opportunity send me a message

C2929177-54BF-4E8F-A6D0-CBC8EEE54969.jpeg

1FA88ED9-7753-4F4B-9E39-EE48CFBA2E91.jpeg

9ECE90C5-4403-4D7E-A56E-461015EA24E1.jpeg

Edited by Paps Racing
  • Like 2

First consider all of the consumables, brakes, tires, gas (tow rig and car),etc, then add the cost of registration, and extra to address non-standard consumables (repairs).

Divide by the number of drivers.

You will want all of the drivers to help build a buffer for the future "things".

Also consider how the team will eat. Each for them selves? As a group? IF group, each picking up there own part directly, or paying you and you pick up the whole thing.

The food part is near and dear to me, as I don't drive, but cook and crew. Some times each person pays me for there portion directly, other times, the team captain has paid me for all the food.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fitsbain said:

First consider all of the consumables, brakes, tires, gas (tow rig and car),etc, then add the cost of registration, and extra to address non-standard consumables (repairs).

Divide by the number of drivers.

You will want all of the drivers to help build a buffer for the future "things".

Also consider how the team will eat. Each for them selves? As a group? IF group, each picking up there own part directly, or paying you and you pick up the whole thing.

The food part is near and dear to me, as I don't drive, but cook and crew. Some times each person pays me for there portion directly, other times, the team captain has paid me for all the food.

That is a good formula Fitsbain, and a very good point about food. Thank you for the insight! 

On 3/6/2021 at 11:44 PM, Paps Racing said:

$800 gets you two (2-hour stints) 

or

$500 gets you one (2-hour stint)

These prices include everything (entry ticket, gate ticket, tires, brakes, fuel, misc, insurance, etc.) The only thing you'll have to pay extra for is your hotel. 

We just picked up a 2002 ford Focus with a 2.5L engine swap from a member here (thanks again man! You are awesome) 

I am looking for a team of 4 for this event. So far it is me and my partner, so we need 2 more temporary drivers/crew for this one event.

The car is going to be refreshed and we are going to bring enough spares to get us back on track in the event of a break so I feel pretty confident we will finish. 

It currently sits at 471 points out of the 500. We are adding a chassis mounted rear wing and chassis mounted front splitter before the event to put us at 491 if I haven’t made a miscalculation on aero mods? 

If anyone would be interested in this opportunity send me a message

C2929177-54BF-4E8F-A6D0-CBC8EEE54969.jpeg

1FA88ED9-7753-4F4B-9E39-EE48CFBA2E91.jpeg

9ECE90C5-4403-4D7E-A56E-461015EA24E1.jpeg

Talking to the wife about a Ca vacation for her (and a seat for me)

Extensive Champcar exp (rwd) have tracked the same focus in a couple 100 lap enduros, also, my day job is a tech, can change anything on that car quickly!

Have you guys run the car this year yet? Any plans to do so?

Edited by Team Infiniti

On 4/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, 55mini said:

This is a bargain for anybody to drive a bucket list track!!!!! If only my wife would let me 😞

Somebody do it!

I'm trying, but they are not responding.  

If PAPS was smart he would give Ed 1 free stint just to have him there to fix the issues that will no doubt arise during the 1st event for this team. He is the best mechanic I have ever encountered. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

True story. We raced Sebring this weekend and witnessed the following- A team showed up with a car that they could not get to run on Friday - they worked on the car for 7 hours in the garage next to us and were unable to resolve the issue. Ed showed up at the track at 4:00 to hang with us for the weekend. He witnessed what was going on with the car and immediately went over to help the other team. The guys were freaking FRIED! from trying to trouble shoot the issue. Ed proceeded to analyze the issue and check the systems. 

He had the car running within 2 hours. The team took the green on Saturday and ran all day. They also took the green on Sunday and ran up until the last 45 minutes of a 6 hour day. The team was so happy they gave him a stint - He had their fast time for the weekend as well. Pure freaking GENIUS. Ed is a great!!! guy. He will help anyone. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 5/10/2021 at 7:54 AM, jim161c said:

True story. We raced Sebring this weekend and witnessed the following- A team showed up with a car that they could not get to run on Friday - they worked on the car for 7 hours in the garage next to us and were unable to resolve the issue. Ed showed up at the track at 4:00 to hang with us for the weekend. He witnessed what was going on with the car and immediately went over to help the other team. The guys were freaking FRIED! from trying to trouble shoot the issue. Ed proceeded to analyze the issue and check the systems. 

He had the car running within 2 hours. The team took the green on Saturday and ran all day. They also took the green on Sunday and ran up until the last 45 minutes of a 6 hour day. The team was so happy they gave him a stint - He had their fast time for the weekend as well. Pure freaking GENIUS. Ed is a great!!! guy. He will help anyone. 

No matter how the situation came about:

If time permits, and part of my daily job overlaps the needs of a busted down team facing defeat in the pits, there is no way in heck I can stand idle when people tow/fly/drive to a track and can not race.

Fortunately they were experienced diehards, had a scanner and other resources, with that and the willingness to let a fresh pair of eyes/hands into their world, I was able to isolate & repair 3 ECU input issues (2 mission critical, coolant temp and airflow signal)

It is reward enough seeing the car run all day, allowing me seat time is icing!

• Like 9