Was looking at the entrant list for Watkins Glen when out of nowhere...

image.png.19dac341debd2307a5ae02cf219890ca.png

Apparently the decision that was reached last year with regards to this team was a suspension of a bit less than a year?  He and/or his team caused a crash that took out two other cars at Daytona, cost those two teams money via lost seat time and damaged cars, didn't even get a black flag at the track, and they're back in less than a year?

I feel a bit crazy bringing this up yet again, but really?

Edited by krispykritter
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, krispykritter said:

image.png.19dac341debd2307a5ae02cf219890ca.png

Apparently the decision that was reached last year with regards to this team was a suspension of a bit less than a year?  He and/or his team caused a crash that took out two other cars at Daytona, cost those two teams money via lost seat time and damaged cars, didn't even get a black flag at the track, and they're back in less than a year?

I feel a bit crazy bringing this up yet again, but really?

Saw that and thought the same thing.

SMH......

I was literally told that what occurred was simply a racing incident, and that the actions against the team were taken as a result of multiple incidents, rather than the specific event at Daytona.

I let it go then, but this makes it pretty clear where champcar's priorities lie, and it's not with the folks doing their best to make it to two or three races a year.

I have been pit crew for champ and raced in lemons. I was torn between which series to build for. This makes up my mind.

I have ZERO interest in having my life toyed with by arrogant immature drivers with a long history of crashing other cars. But hey he brings multiple cars to multiple events each year. 

All hail the almighty dollar

Edited by 69_sportsroof
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ShutupJack said:

Oh nooo. That guy is literally the worst.  C'mon champcar.  Protect your valued members from unreasonable hazards.

The only thing they value is the almighty dollar. And MCM has those.

Raise your hand if you're surprised that ChampCar would flip flop on their position. 

Yall hold up for a bit before lighting the fires on your pitchforks.

Simpsons with pitchforks | Meme Generator

Questions have been asked internally.  With the staff all at NCM, the answer won't likely come until next week.

WGI is usually a sellout.  Selling to MCM doesn't get Champcar more $ than selling to someone else.  I don't know what happened yet, but i'd think it unlikely "the almighty dollar" ($3000 in this case) is involved.

Can we pause the speculation until I can get an answer?

Thanks

Chris

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shutupracing said:

The only thing they value is the almighty dollar. And MCM has those.

Raise your hand if you're surprised that ChampCar would flip flop on their position. 

Your far off base on both counts.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chris Huggins said:

WGI is usually a sellout. 

This is another reason of point then.. this team, who consistently damaging other teams is now taking two spots in a sell out race.   So that means 2 other teams, most like 2 other teams of clean racers are denied a spot because of this jack-hole team.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, 69_sportsroof said:

I have been pit crew for champ and raced in lemons. I was torn between which series to build for. This makes up my mind.

I have ZERO interest in having my life toyed with by arrogant immature drivers with a long history of crashing other cars. But hey he brings multiple cars to multiple events each year. 

All hail the almighty dollar

The CEO that banned that team has moved on, perhaps the memo didn’t go through?

Not sure what kind of experience you’ve had crewing for Champ Car teams, but as somebody that’s been around for the entire duration of the series, you’re definitely being snappy to allow this to be the straw that breaks your back.

Perhaps we’ll share a beer and chat @ Sebring Lemons.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

Is this team really that bad? Sounds like they are cutting peoples tires duing the night or something :)

Personally, we have not had contact with them, but, have seen the immaculate car(s) get beat up as the day goes.

Edited by Team Infiniti

14 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

Is this team really that bad? Sounds like they are cutting peoples tires duing the night or something :)

Bad enough that we advise all of our renters to steer very clear of the silver BMWs. I can understand the OPs concern, they clearly and deliberately crashed the Infinite Loop car at Daytona last year. 

Edited by Snorman
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Snorman said:

Bad enough that we advise all of our renters to steer very clear of the silver BMWs. I can understand the OPs concern, they clearly and deliberately crashed the Infinite Loop car at Daytona last year. 

I know nothing about the team and have no experience with them what so ever, but couldn't that been an accident? 

People screw up all the time? 

(Again not defending, seems to be lots of very strong opinions here. Just want to understand/learn)

5 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

I know nothing about the team and have no experience with them what so ever, but couldn't that been an accident? 

People screw up all the time? 

(Again not defending, seems to be lots of very strong opinions here. Just want to understand/learn)

Not going to spend hour rehashing and arguing something that happened a year ago. This team has been responsible for a number of crashes. Search the forum. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

I know nothing about the team and have no experience with them what so ever

then why are you commenting? 

there have been countless posts on this forum about there bad behavior.  they even posted video from inside the car where you can see the driver deliberately drove down into the Contour in retaliation for some earlier pass.

• Like 4

WRL has a record where they analyze each accident, if you are at fault you get a note on your record. I assume there is a transparent process of banning drivers/teams.

I think they even require cameras in every car.

Anyhow, glad this problem is rare.

Edited by turbogrill

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

WRL has a record where they analyze each accident, if you are at fault you get a note on your record. I assume there is a transparent process of banning drivers/teams.

I think they even require cameras in every car.

Anyhow, glad this problem is rare.

If there was a transparent process here at CC then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. There was no transparent process, no public analysis or announcement, and no one even spoke to me about what I thought happened.

When I inquired, I was told clearly that driver punishments are private, and that, despite there being at least three different videos posted, it was considered a 'racing incident' and not an intentional collision.

I asked multiple times for there to be some post or announcement or something addressing the events and simply explaining something along the lines of "we've looked into the events and we've decided on a path forward." We've seen nothing of the sort, and that doesn't give me much confidence that I won't be rammed off the track again by the same team/driver.

Edited by krispykritter
Speeling
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, krispykritter said:

If there was a transparent process here at CC then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. There was no transparent process, no public analysis or announcement, and no one even spoke to me about what I thought happened.

When I inquired, I was told clearly that driver punishments are private, and that, despite there being at least three different videos posted, it was considered a 'racing incident' and not an intentional collision.

I asked multiple times for there to be some post or announcement or something addressing the events and simply explaining something along the lines of "we've looked into the events and we've decided on a path forward." We've seen nothing of the sort, and that doesn't give me much confidence that I won't be rammed off the track again by the same team/driver.

I think we all sympathize with your frustration. Chris asked for a few days to get an answer, see if he can.  In the end it still may not be the answer you want to hear, or maybe it will be satisfactory who knows, but at least give him a chance.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Burningham said:

I think we all sympathize with your frustration. Chris asked for a few days to get an answer, see if he can.  In the end it still may not be the answer you want to hear, or maybe it will be satisfactory who knows, but at least give him a chance.

Agreed, I do appreciate the folks both on and off the board that have done their best to both let me know what's going on, as well as push for more transparency in the future.  I'm definitely not trying to beat on those folks.

By and large I've met a ton of great people in CC who have been helpful and supportive.  I just believe it's a disservice to all the decent folks if the there are no consequences for bad behavior.

Specifically, I appreciate Chris chiming in with his offer to look into the matter.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, hotrod said:

I think they deserved more than a years suspension.........How about a lifetime ban?

Why not a lifetime ban for the person in the car at Daytona?  (I am a fan of)  Why extend to the others on the team?  (I am not a fan of)

• Like 1