Was looking at the entrant list for Watkins Glen when out of nowhere...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Call me a prick but I just sent a note to the Board outlining that I haven't seen anything indicating a permanent change in behavior that would lead me to want to see them back in the series again.  I

MCM will not be at WGI.  The Board will entertain a path back for any team including MCM, but he will need to sell the Board on real change.  My personal stance is forget it, don't care if they ever c

Many of us apparently have short memories. MCM went on social media after their first race with ChampCar a few years back and raved about what a piss poor, unprofessional series it was. I recall

Posted Images

On 3/26/2021 at 11:04 AM, Chris Huggins said:

I can report back with some more information.

The BOD did vote on the ban for MCM (This was before my time, but we discussed it in January via email once I came onboard, and the position had not changed), but the CEO felt that a Champcar "Death Penalty" with no path for reconciliation was too extreme. 

I understand that the CEO and MCM had a lengthy phone conversation and MCM was judged to say the correct things in order to open the door to a return pathway.

MCM is supposed to be working on a publication or presentation (I'm not sure of the specifics), and I'm sure will be on "double secret probation", but as I am told they are going to be back at WGI to race.

I wonder if the CEO can be held legally responsible for any damaged caused to another competitor by MCM at the race?

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, chip said:

I wonder if the CEO can be held legally responsible for any damaged caused to another competitor by MCM at the race?

The minute that happens, say goodbye to the series.

• Like 3
  • Technical Advisory Committee

I see the OP has withdrawn from this race.

I can't imagine why they cancelled what was probably a bucket list trip and race for them.

• Sad 5

For a person/team who has entered two cars for WGI, IF MCM there I am going to have a dedicated spotter on them the entire race and when we pass them, or get passed by them, we are going to be way wide and give them space. We will have eyes on them the entire time.

From my understanding it was multiple items that caused the ban.  Bad driving, aggressive driving and retaliation with driving, which for me is the worst part. We have enough issues and do not need to have NASCAR type of take outs happen. I have 1000's of hours into my cars and do not need someone to get mad and take me out and either hurt me, hurt my drivers/friends or hurt my car.

I have also heard that he rents the cars out and charges big money and they are not all that well prepared anyway. He races to make money as I understand, and that is all fine and good, but to me, if you are racing to make money and have that type of attitude he should go circle track, in which they encourage NHL type of car contact, getting out of the car, hitting each other with helmets. 

On a side note, everyone makes mistakes, I have hit someone on track before and it was my fault, I did find them afterwords, apologized and all was good and we joked about it. The issues is there is not apology or remorse.  There was not admitting of wrong doing. There was no acknowledgment of terrible behavior.  To me, this shows that the behavior he might be portraying now is just a show and blowing smoke up Champcars ass.  I have talked to Dana a lot, I like Dana, he is a really smart guy and I have faith in his decisions so if he is letting them back I have to assume there is more to it then what we see. 

If I saw him make some type of public announcement saying, after reflecting on the incidents, my behavior, my teams attitude, ect, I have realized my faults and will not happen again. I might be able to believe it more, but I have not seen anything. 

Maybe some type of penance.  Work X amount of races as a volunteer.  Talk the members he screwed over by wrecking their cars and weekends. Did he make amends with those people and teams?

I am just a person on the outside looking in, but I just do not personally see any reason to allow them back in as they have done nothing to rectify the faults of the past.

Just my 2 cents

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
On 3/31/2021 at 1:42 PM, krispykritter said:

When I go to the video in the thread I linked in my above post, the video is on the Racing Strong youtube channel.

Maybe just there as a result of you putting a camera in their car for the race?  No idea, just saw it was on your channel.  I guess just hosted on your channel?

ah. yes. That was when YouTube suddenly stopped us from using their servers like we were in the past. I had to break out my own channels that had enough subs to use this as either a replay for the show, or for the show itself. I forget. 

oh. after reviewing the video. we used that for review within the company. see how it is unlisted. :)

• Like 1

Our Board meeting is now Wednesday.  We will report back, but you should put pitchforks and lanterns away for now.  :)

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Jer said:

Our Board meeting is now Wednesday.  We will report back, but you should put pitchforks and lanterns away for now.  :)

Dude, pitchforks are like the best thing the internet has invented!  Right up there with terrible memes.

• Like 2
On 4/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, Jer said:

and the update is?

• Like 3

Can we please get back to bitching about hot tires?

One of my recent favorite lines I've read is "Once you solve your #1 problem, #2 gets a promotion"

• Haha 3

MCM will not be at WGI.  The Board will entertain a path back for any team including MCM, but he will need to sell the Board on real change.  My personal stance is forget it, don't care if they ever come back and I made that clear.  But maybe he can sway enough of the Board to get another chance later on.  It would involve a probationary period, be at a track that is NOT Daytona, WGI, Indy, etc. It might involve a bond.  But the short answer he won't be at WGI, nor will his cars.  Two on the waitlist will get those spots.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9
2 minutes ago, Jer said:

MCM will not be at WGI.  The Board will entertain a path back for any team including MCM, but he will need to sell the Board on real change.  My personal stance is forget it, don't care if they ever come back and I made that clear.  But maybe he can sway enough of the Board to get another chance later on.  It would involve a probationary period, be at a track that is NOT Daytona, WGI, Indy, etc. It might involve a bond.  But the short answer he won't be at WGI, nor will his cars.  Two on the waitlist will get those spots.  

As always, thanks for taking us seriously here and fighting for what you think is right, and getting back with news.

I would generally agree with you to not see them back, but I'm also okay with there being a path to righting wrongs or allowing folks back after paying penance and whatnot.  I hate when folks are taken to task for things that happened years ago when they are a different person today.  I think MCM may be able to grow up a bit even though they've had plenty of time in the past to do so and haven't managed it yet.

Hopefully CC taking this seriously, rather than just another finger-wagging, convinces him he needs to sort himself out a bit more.  It's appreciated.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, krispykritter said:

As always, thanks for taking us seriously here and fighting for what you think is right, and getting back with news.

I would generally agree with you to not see them back, but I'm also okay with there being a path to righting wrongs or allowing folks back after paying penance and whatnot.  I hate when folks are taken to task for things that happened years ago when they are a different person today.  I think MCM may be able to grow up a bit even though they've had plenty of time in the past to do so and haven't managed it yet.

Hopefully CC taking this seriously, rather than just another finger-wagging, convinces him he needs to sort himself out a bit more.  It's appreciated.

He will still have to convince the Board.  He will be invited to plead his case.  

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, Jer said:

I like all of this.  thank you jer and the rest of the BOD for this decision.

• Like 6
On 4/5/2021 at 4:43 PM, Jer said:

Thanks for looking after this!!!

On a related note, I've been curious.  For non-profits up here (Canada) I believe that its law for organizations to record minutes and make them public.  Is there any requirement with Champcar?  There have been some issues recently that I'm sure the membership would like to know how the decisions were made.  

Just now, petawawarace said:

Thanks for looking after this!!!

On a related note, I've been curious.  For non-profits up here (Canada) I believe that its law for organizations to record minutes and make them public.  Is there any requirement with Champcar?  There have been some issues recently that I'm sure the membership would like to know how the decisions were made.  

I'm not certain.  Tiffany is now our secretary, but I don't think we are taking detailed notes like in the past.  Please reach out to her or Doc.  

10 hours ago, Jer said:

I'm not certain.  Tiffany is now our secretary, but I don't think we are taking detailed notes like in the past.  Please reach out to her or Doc.  

Sexist much?......no no no, I meant Doc....he being non binary and all. Y’all 😜

• Haha 1