Was looking at the entrant list for Watkins Glen when out of nowhere...

3 hours ago, Ian said:

Had a thought this morning.

What if, as a prerequisite for returning to the grid, MCM also had to complete at least 1 race weekend as volunteers without receiving race credit.  CCES community service if you will.

This has been discussed.  He will have to plead his case to the Board and we will consider all the options, including the one to leave the ban in place.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2021 at 10:43 AM, Jer said:

MCM will not be at WGI.  The Board will entertain a path back for any team including MCM, but he will need to sell the Board on real change.  My personal stance is forget it, don't care if they ever come back and I made that clear.  But maybe he can sway enough of the Board to get another chance later on.  It would involve a probationary period, be at a track that is NOT Daytona, WGI, Indy, etc. It might involve a bond.  But the short answer he won't be at WGI, nor will his cars.  Two on the waitlist will get those spots.  

Why is the team still listed on the entry has this changed ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DEE DEE said:

Why is the team still listed on the entry has this changed ?

Not sure but they have been told they're not allowed on the premises.  I'll ask Dana.  

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, Fitsbain said:

41 cars, 2 MCM entries, 1 DNF. The DNF was a crash into the wall day 2.

Much time spent off track due to penalties.

Called unsafe by someone I know that was there.

preface I was not there, but AER is abundantly transparent with all driver and car data. His team of two cars only had one off track violation logged during Saturdays race, and it resulted in no lost track time. (Improper gear when over the wall) too many of these violations can result in a black flag "stop and go"

One of his cars only had 2 renters in it saturday, and did not compete on sunday.

• Like 1

MCM appealed their ban last night to the Board and were denied by a majority vote.  A number of us did not hear what we needed to bring them back into the series at this time.  Just an FYI.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

6 hours ago, Jer said:

MCM appealed their ban last night to the Board and were denied by a majority vote.  A number of us did not hear what we needed to bring them back into the series at this time.  Just an FYI.  

Just to understand the full picture, can you tell us what the majority wanted to hear and did not?

I realize this might be an unanswerable question...

6 hours ago, Jer said:

It's nice to see this process working as (I personally believe) it should. 

Thanks. 

• Like 4

We, as a board, are working very hard to preserve, the low budget amateur racing we all enjoy. While there can be no guarantee, we would like to feel more confident that this or other cars are not going to cause damage to competitors cars. Racing is not the sort of sport that can be done with any certainty of no damage but, we look to the membership to keep the racing as clean as possible. I know how much blood, sweat,tears, and money goes into getting these cars to the track. One of the most important things in this topic is that you (the membership) don't work really hard to get your car to a race and its totaled or, irreparably damaged by avoidable contact.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

• Technical Advisory Committee
7 minutes ago, TAlexander said:

We, as a board, are working very hard to preserve, the low budget amateur racing we all enjoy. While there can be no guarantee, we would like to feel more confident that this or other cars are not going to cause damage to competitors cars. Racing is not the sort of sport that can be done with any certainty of no damage but, we look to the membership to keep the racing as clean as possible. I know how much blood, sweat,tears, and money goes into getting these cars to the track. One of the most important things in this topic is that you (the membership) don't work really hard to get your car to a race and its totaled or, irreparably damaged by avoidable contact.

Thank you Tiffany and other BoD members who keep a few of the above statements in mind. 
Very well stated in keeping to CC’s mission of providing and preserving a low budget playground for many of us that was previously unavailable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me I did not hear contrition.  I heard a whole lot of excuse making and had zero confidence that things would really change.  At the end of the meeting I felt almost the same as when it started.  For me it was valuing the grass root members more than the race entries MCM would have brought.  We reviewed all the videos and history and mixed those with Matt's answers after the meeting and they just didn't mesh.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Jer said:

For me I did not hear contrition.  I heard a whole lot of excuse making and had zero confidence that things would really change.  At the end of the meeting I felt almost the same as when it started.  For me it was valuing the grass root members more than the race entries MCM would have brought.  We reviewed all the videos and history and mixed those with Matt's answers after the meeting and they just didn't mesh.  

And I admit I was a bit harsh with Matt in the meeting.  I'm still pretty angry about what MCM has done in races, damaging, at last count, at least 7 cars and totaling 2 of them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Jer said:

I'm still pretty angry about what MCM has done in races, damaging, at last count, at least 7 cars and totaling 2 of them.  

That's really a pretty stunning number. Two cars completely destroyed by reckless and negligent if not outright vengeful driving. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, MichaelPal said:

Was wind one of his excuses for the accidents? 

5E20DC37-7D8C-4C40-914E-FCC523709D1D.jpeg

Came here to post this hahaha.

He's as much a danger off the track as he is on.

- My mirror broke off (when I hit that other car) and I couldn't see you

- I got behind in my steering and suddenly you were there

- I was trying to let you pass and went off-line into you by mistake

- My speed was right but then the corner tightened up

- My brakes didn't work because the tires still had dirt on them from missing every apex for a lap

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

At Charlotte (before my BIG incident...) I had to apologize to the only other 2nd gen rx7 running.

I hit them in a corner side to side.

I went down and gave them my excuse...

I told them that I was sorry.  I ran out of talent and grip at the same time.  They chuckled.

• Like 6

On 3/19/2021 at 4:44 AM, Chris Huggins said:

Yall hold up for a bit before lighting the fires on your pitchforks.

Simpsons with pitchforks | Meme Generator

Questions have been asked internally.  With the staff all at NCM, the answer won't likely come until next week.

WGI is usually a sellout.  Selling to MCM doesn't get Champcar more $ than selling to someone else.  I don't know what happened yet, but i'd think it unlikely "the almighty dollar" ($3000 in this case) is involved.

Can we pause the speculation until I can get an answer?

Thanks

Chris

Damn the board has changed you. You used to pass out the pitchforks!

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

So I was kind of confused.......

Maybe there's like some back door deals?

sure seems like Matt’s car made it to the glen, just peel the stickers off rename your team and you are back in.

Matt's team is here

matts intern is here

The car Matt ran at AER two weeks ago here at the glen is here.

Sneaky sneak

inbound1878981531906418660.jpg

inbound6473738497551912141.jpg

I wouldn't say it's back door deals.  It could just be that the team is pulling a fast one on champcar.  Ask the race director about it.

Car 248.  Inturnal struggle.  Listed as EC.

Edited by wvumtnbkr

On 5/30/2021 at 11:52 AM, wvumtnbkr said:

I wouldn't say it's back door deals.  It could just be that the team is pulling a fast one on champcar.  Ask the race director about it.

Car 248.  Inturnal struggle.  Listed as EC.

Wasn't there a waitlist for the Glen when their entry was tossed?

• Like 1