2021 Official - Willow Springs Double 8+7

Bill Strong

3 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

I just spent a week in the Florida sauna.

Big willow is a dry heat so it won't be to bad, you'll wish for your Florida sauna to cool you off.  Probably hover in the low triple digits most of the time the sun is out.  One of the great tracks and wicked hot even in early June.  Amazing place for endurance racing.  Be safe hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.  

• Like 2

Hottest race ever for me was COTSA a few years ago. My cameras for the show were overheating every 10 minutes or so. I would dip them in ice water (yes, water proof) then do another 10 minutes of recording.
That too was a dry heat. 
We will be ready

I am also packing my cool shirt backpack.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jamie said:

@Bill Strong you have room in your Opel? 

Unfortunately the car will not be ready for this event. I still am needing to install the seat in a lowered floor pan so the containment section fits properly. 

• Like 1

ChampCar Endurance Series

Final Information for the 2021 Willow Springs Race!

Greetings Everyone, and welcome to Willows Springs!

Hopefully everyone has their gear packed, the car loaded, all the details sorted out! Team Captains have their Electronic Tech forms completed and saved in the system, right? 

Your Team's Registration. Please take a few minutes and make sure all the members of your team have their memberships current and are properly listed as either Drivers or Crew Members.

Speaking of Tech Forms and Tech Inspection. If you are planning to run some test/practice laps on Friday, please remember to get your car through Tech Inspection. With the Tech form now online, the Tech Inspection process is quick.

Normally we assign pit-stalls, but there's plenty of room at Willow so we're going to let you chose where you'd like to set-up. We will place our pit-in and pit-out tents and you can select your favorite pit stall between them. 

Covid stuff. As of right now, we have not been given any special guidance or restrictions to operate under. We ask that wherever possible you maintain social distancing. We'll keep you posted if we receive any updated guidance.

If this is your first event with ChampCar, or it's been a while and you'd like a refresher in how we manage our races, please take a few minutes to watch our New the ChampCar video here.

As promised, your Virtual Drivers meeting is here.

We'll do a quick Drivers Meeting each morning at 8, but with the virtual meeting online the actual meeting will be real short.

That's all for now! Please travel safely and we look forward to seeing each of you at the track.

Thanks!

Dana & your entire ChampCar staff

12% humidity makes it feel like a blast furnace. Stay hydrated. It’s a great track, super fast, one of the last old style tracks. Great fun but stay as cool as you can. Had one of these we used in the hot pit for some “cooling”

image.jpeg.a29cc9a430aade318686f907ccc3b138.jpeg

Edited by TimS

I can't imagine doing this race without a cool suit set up. And constantly drinking. Had to repair our fuel line. One of our team members went and bought fans to cool the car off so they could work on it. It's brutal out here. 

• Like 2