Went through all 85ish petitions submitted and sent in my thoughts.   I'm so glad our members want rules stability because I'd hate to see how many petitions would be submitted if we didn't!  

• Like 6
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will require teams to spend more money on additional fire gear for crew. It will also be a huge issue for team mechanics working on a car. So now, that person has to be in full gear when laying u

If you make a tire change rule, keep 'em in the pit lane. We don't need people rushing around the paddock like they do in AER. Any fueling and  any tire changes must happen in pit lane, so they can be

Just another Miata team here that races 3-4 times a year with off-shoot team members building 2 more cars for this series for 2022. We LOVE Champcar. As amateur racers, we don’t need a massive pit cre

Posted Images

On 4/1/2021 at 11:12 PM, cowboys647 said:

or 7 minute pit stop that confuses everyone. Make it simple and easy to enforce. 

Nothing confusing about a longer pit for taking tires, honestly I would say 5 MORE min if taking 2 to 4 tires during fuel.

Yes Banned tires are easy enough, but racers will howl when taking away their fav drug.

1 hour ago, Team Infiniti said:

Nothing confusing about a longer pit for taking tires, honestly I would say 5 MORE min if taking 2 to 4 tires during fuel.

Yes Banned tires are easy enough, but racers will howl when taking away their fav drug.

It confuses the ability to check pit stop times, both to investigate cheating the min pit stop time, and for team analysis. Add varying length stops and it gets harder to say “slow stop?” or “stop with tires?” or “stop with delay from local yellows?” or “stop with tires but done illegally fast?”

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, enginerd said:

It confuses the ability to check pit stop times, both to investigate cheating the min pit stop time, and for team analysis. Add varying length stops and it gets harder to say “slow stop?” or “stop with tires?” or “stop with delay from local yellows?” or “stop with tires but done illegally fast?”

I’m willing to bet that it will be easy to police with everyone’s help along with the already set up Way Champ Car does things

• Technical Advisory Committee
34 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

I’m willing to bet that it will be easy to police with everyone’s help along with the already set up Way Champ Car does things

I’m willing to bet deep down you know that’s a bad idea and not something that can be made to work reliably long term. There are other ideas on tires and tire usage that can be made to work if the membership desires that wouldn’t require this type of change. 

• Like 1
  • Technical Advisory Committee
4 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

Flagtronics could prolly just build in tire sensors.  😎

You are destined for greatness. Well, if you could stay out of the gator swamp long enough. 

• Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...