Tires... No not that thread. Anybody have data on the nankang cr1?

wvumtnbkr

Ran it a few weekends a ago on our miata, my gut feel is re71r ish grip but better wear. Ran cr1 Saturday and re71r Sunday. 

Both 255s

But too many factors to make a fair comparison (rain, car issues, no clean laps, drivers a bit sleepy, cr1 was on 10", re71rs s on 9" etc).

Car is a 2300lbs NC running 17", not a great suspension setup.

Edit: also re71r last longer than 2 hours on our car. Usually almost a day. So maybe we drive to slow, but our best at harris hill is 1.27 a second slower than the  fastest car I believe.

Edited by turbogrill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

Is falken 615 too slow? I have them on my NA miata race car and took a long time to wear them out.

Pretty much.

Looking for something faster than rs4 that can wear out a bit quicker too.

Basically 1 weekend of racing would be fine if they were 1.5 to 2 seconds faster than rs4.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 1:14 PM, wvumtnbkr said:

Pretty much.

Looking for something faster than rs4 that can wear out a bit quicker too.

Basically 1 weekend of racing would be fine if they were 1.5 to 2 seconds faster than rs4.

what he said

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2021 at 6:51 PM, turbogrill said:

Ran it a few weekends a ago on our miata, my gut feel is re71r ish grip but better wear. Ran cr1 Saturday and re71r Sunday. 

Both 255s

But too many factors to make a fair comparison (rain, car issues, no clean laps, drivers a bit sleepy, cr1 was on 10", re71rs s on 9" etc).

Car is a 2300lbs NC running 17", not a great suspension setup.

Edit: also re71r last longer than 2 hours on our car. Usually almost a day. So maybe we drive to slow, but our best at harris hill is 1.27 a second slower than the  fastest car I believe.

It seems that the CR-1 will loose grip once they are worn down. Once they start to look like slicks they don't seem to have much grip anymore. From what I remembered the re71r had grip all the way until you where running on the rim.

Anyone have had the same experience? (The rt615 seems to be the same, once it looks like slicks it has bad grip)