2021 RVA Graphics & Wraps Daytona Beach 14-hour race results

Official Race Results 

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/1847175

Post-Impound Notes:
During post-race inspection/impound, the overall winner, car number 150, was found to have unclaimed parts. The Total Comp Value (TCV) was adjusted and the team was moved back to 5th place.
The overall winner of the Daytona 14-hour is #19. 

Note:
2021 Tech inspections focus on safety. Cars on the podium, are inspected to verify claimed parts.  If additional points are found, the point value will be added to the car's TCV, and at the discretion of the event director, the overall race position adjusted.

20210410_2377_kurtroussell.jpg

Photo by Kurt Roussell 

For more Daytona images visit.

https://fastcarphotos.com/galleries/2021-events/2021-champcar-daytona-14-hour/

20210410_2292_kurtroussell.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Crap, had started typing quite a bit and now its zapped, lost *mumbles something about hating computers*   Deep breath, Im here, will get to a little race recapping, provide some answers, an

The Cobra is not dead. It was pulled apart this morning. No unibody or subframe damage. It appears to be cosmetic with a bent knuckle (which is easily fixed).   

Photo by Kurt Roussell  For more Daytona images visit. https://fastcarphotos.com/galleries/2021-events/2021-champcar-daytona-14-hour/

Posted Images

No freaking way.  I watched the end of the race but my tablet battery died as the interviews started.  What happened?  Did RENNtech get caught with unclaimed parts or were they assessed a penalty for something else?

Huge congrats to @Team Infiniti y'all put in the work and earned your spot on the podium.

Edited by Ian
  • Like 4

Ed’s got it figured out. It’s awesome to see them run well and put a hurting on the high dollar teams. And always fun to race with. 

I stopped watching somewhere during the impound interviews, and was a bit surprised looking at the results this morning. Had to double check in Speedhive (not the official results) and it confirmed what I thought I had seen at the end of the race. Can’t wait to hear the official ruling. 

• Like 3

^^^^^ Curious as we all are and glad to see the system is working.

So happy for Ed and team as it was a gut wrench watching his lead go away for the last hour.

Congrats Team Infinity!!!!

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

I was really rooting for Ed and team!

I'm curious to hear what happened in impound!

Great job team Infiniti! 

100% same.

• Like 2

There were 5 of us champcar racers on a video chat from all over the east coast watching this race together.

It was exciting to watch the last 2 hours!  We were all rooting for Ed and team while trying to do the math.  

I got a text about 30 minutes after I went to bed (I heard it), but didn't check it.  My last thought before I went to sleep was that Ed probably won after impound!

• Like 5

Ed is such a great guy.  It is well deserved and his team and car were up front all race.  I know he did it right and deserves the win.  I have no idea what the issue was with the MBZ but good to hear cars are being scrutinized.

• Like 2

Post-Impound Notes:
During post-race inspection/impound, the overall winner, car number 150, was found to have unclaimed parts. The Total Comp Value (TCV) was adjusted and the team was moved back to 5th place.

Note:
2021 Tech inspections focus on safety. Cars on the podium, are inspected to verify claimed parts.  If additional points are found, the point value will be added to the car's TCV, and at the discretion of the event director, the overall race position adjusted.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
12 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Post-Impound Notes:

Note:

So, what were the unclaimed parts ?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Post-Impound Notes:

Note:

Bill.... will you kindly post this in ChampCar's Facebook group? 

getting there. Ray and I just switched off driving. Internet along i95 in South Carolina is not blazing fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, 67Mustang said:

Excuses!! Lmao stay safe fellas.

I am working off 4 hours sleep and almost 55,000 steps this weekend. My body is not built for that many steps.
Plus I had to climb the east banking 7 times to sort out one of the cameras for the show. I am hurting today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

I am working off 4 hours sleep and almost 55,000 steps this weekend. My body is not built for that many steps.
Plus I had to climb the east banking 7 times to sort out one of the cameras for the show. I am hurting today.

Your the man Bill!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

Bill, I have no doubts, I bet you are tuckered out, I would be too!

• Like 1

Congratulations to Ed and Team Infinity. This is what a well prepared car and smart, patient driving gets you, in spite of arriving to the track using an open trailer with fuel jugs packed in the car!!!🤣

Ohhhhhhh, the irony of The Shark Car winning a Dolphin trophy 🦈🐬

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

You know, Ed has been known to drive that car (or his previous car) to work lol

Congrats Ed and team, great drive and great work to one of the nicest and most generous people in the series.

I had to laugh during the broadcast as Bill the others were trying to remember if and when Ed won previously lol..  This answers that question! 

• Like 5