2021 Official - RVA Graphics and Wraps Carolina Grand Prix (CMP)

Bill Strong

15 minutes ago, Chris Huggins said:

Of course you would object to anything I say...

sebring is $20 per weekend

vir is $50 Per weekend?

amp was free 

Barber was free

so tell me again how $30/day for a dirt spot is cheap

I think you can self contain camp for free at CMP.  $30/day is for the 30A hookup.

WGI is $50 for the weekend just for 110v.

Charge your drivers more for that stuff.
$90 spread out over 4 drivers  - $22.50 each
Hit them with $25. apply the extra cash to the beer fund.

• Like 2

I just signed up for the track day on Friday, but wasn't sure if they allow multiple drivers per car? Anyone run in the "Lump" group with Turn One before?

16 minutes ago, Donovan said:

I just signed up for the track day on Friday, but wasn't sure if they allow multiple drivers per car? Anyone run in the "Lump" group with Turn One before?

Yes, I've run several days with them and they do allow multiple drivers in the same car.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donovan said:

I’m somewhere between lazy and stupid busy, how much is the track day?

Who wants to take bets on who starts last? My team (Turbo TATR) is the last one on the list and if our normal pattern holds true I"m willing to bet we start at the end of the field again.

See yall in a few weeks.

DiscoveryParts, a ChampCar Endurance Series partner, will be bringing their “Mobile Technology Center '' to the ChampCar RVA Graphics & Wraps Carolina Grand Prix event on June 26/27. If there is anything special you would like us to bring, please let us know before Wednesday June 23 noon EST as the vehicle gets final loaded the previous night. We already have a very full will-call box and thank you for the support of our company.

New on the racer support team vehicle are Schroth harness', Griot's Garage items, MyLaps Transponders, and the Garmin Catalyst demo unit for you to use on track. Stop by and let us know what session and day you would like to use it, and we will have it ready.

Thanks once again and we look forward to seeing everyone at Carolina Motorsports Park.

Our #1 category for ChampCar Endurance Series Members: https://www.discoveryparts.com/15__auto-racing-closeout-and-clearance-  

ChampCar Endurance Series Discount Code - 

So...  uh...  wtf?

Dana isn't going to tell us when the pit exit will be closed before the quiet hour, but expects us to "manage our race appropriately"....

How the he'll do we do that if we don't know when?

What is the possible advantage to champcar or safety to not tell us?

Is it 5 minutes?  20 minutes?   30 minutes?

Also, I would be more okay with it if the pits were just closed.  If you came into the pits, roll right through and back out.  Closing just the exit is bull cookies.  How would the driver or team know the pit out was closed?

Edit...  I'm gonna finish watching the video just to make sure it's not a trick to make us watch til the very end...

Edit #2...  nope.  Just guess about it, I suppose.  

It will be awesome when somebody is a contender and they get stuck at pit out with no warning....  that would make me....  upset let's say.

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 1

I have never done a race with quiet time. How will this work?  We all pull in to pit lane and stay in running order not actually in our stalls?  I assume we can refuel, work on the car, etc as long as the engine is not running?

thanks

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, SCCAchamp said:

I have never done a race with quiet time. How will this work?  We all pull in to pit lane and stay in running order not actually in our stalls?  I assume we can refuel, work on the car, etc as long as the engine is not running?

thanks

Negative.   Just before quiet time the FCY will come out and the pace car will pick up the leader.  The cars will all come down pit road in a single file line (maybe double stacked if the pit road is too short).  Drivers will get out but no one is allowed to touch or work on the car except for cameras or to help the driver get out.   Cars stay on pit road for the hour, then the pace car takes them all back out in order and the green is dropped, usually after a single pace lap.

• Like 1