1968 Camaro - what should I do with it?

I can appreciate  your situation. I am heading hopefully toward the tail end of a major restoration on my 72 911E and it was a running driving car when I took it apart 20 years ago do freshen some things up and then it got stalled due to life until a few years ago when I finally caved and sent the shell off for some work.  In the end, it got new floor, rear seat trays, front pan both rear quarters, hood one fender and a bunch of other patches probably 500 hours through the paint, but it is perfect.  This was a car that had had some less than stellar repair done long ago and had been wrecked a few times.  Anyway, what I am saying is that it is a slippery slope once you plunge into "Restore" land.  Even on a nice solid car you are likely to find a good bit of cancer on old cars like these.  I could have kept driving the 911, but eventually wanted a color change and wanted to fix the stuff I knew about.  When we got into it, there is the stuff you find and hard to stop at that point.

I'd say unless there are known issues that are bothering you on your car, I would probably keep driving it... And I do like the idea of going to a four speed.

Mine, before, during and after paint.

17359178_604480929758194_3062250545875504852_o.jpg

68786966_1122285887977693_3381158960202514432_n.jpg

IMG_6386.JPG

IMG_8212.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 67Mustang said:

Anyway, what I am saying is that it is a slippery slope once you plunge into "Restore" land.  Even on a nice solid car you are likely to find a good bit of cancer on old cars like these. 

Yep. "I'll just fix these little things." turns into 5-10 years with this coming out in the end. 😀

spacer.png

• Like 4

Yeah the project scope creep is definitely on my mind.  I'd like a paint job, including the engine bay and door jambs.  Interior is ok but could use some updates...might as well pull that out so the paint job can be really thorough.  If I'm gonna pull the engine to paint the bay....do I really want to put the stock engine back in.....and here we GO! $$$

So I'm more tempted to have the bad rust patched up with new panels and painted to blend in with the rest of car.  But nothing else except driving and maintenance.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, QuaTTro said:

The Booster was part of a disc brake upgrade kit that came from Rick's Camaros shop about 10 years ago.  The car was originally all disc brakes.  The brakes has worked great the past 10 years and yesterday was my first time to drive it when the pedal felt bad.  I just asked my dad and he's never changed the brake fluid in 10 year /smh

You meant all drum brakes, right?