2021 Carolina Motorsports Park Results and Stories

3 hours ago, Grant said:

😬 can you ask him where it was coming from?

We suspected a leak so checked what we could. We checked for leaks between the fuel pump and rail, by watching the fuel pressure (it has an in-tank regulator) with the pump off. We crawled under it and looked around too, saw nothing. Maybe the Jiffy Tite fitting (which we use to vent air while fueling) on the back bumper was leaking?

When I was behind you I saw fuel coming from the rear driver's side (filler neck area) and I could feel our car losing grip going over the fuel spill trail. Our car had a similar problem at VIR and was black flagged for it I was kind of surprised yours wasn't when I saw how much was spilling out.

Here is a video. It's a little hard to see clearly since our windshield is pretty dirty.

Edited by ckowalc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ckowalc said:

When I was behind you I saw fuel coming from the rear driver's side (filler neck area) and I could feel our car losing grip going over the fuel spill trail. Our car had a similar problem at VIR and was black flagged for it I was kind of surprised yours wasn't when I saw how much was spilling out.

Wow, thanks, and sorry for spilling fuel everywhere. From this vid it looks like the gas cap wasn't tight, but we had excess consumption on our first stint too. I've only got one other driver, so neither of us were involved in fueling. The cap is tight now, so I guess I'll pressurize the tank slightly and check to make sure nothing leaks.

I wish we had of been black flagged for that!

By the way, you can see the SC300 seemingly use the wrong gear coming out of 14. We can't pull it in any other straight.

Edited by Grant

It's the right gear for the glass transmission.  Second gear is only usable when going for the race win and even then maybe only one or twice a decade.  Anyone that tries it a third time gets kicked off the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

46 minutes ago, macheesy said:

It's the right gear for the glass transmission.  Second gear is only usable when going for the race win and even then maybe only one or twice a decade.  Anyone that tries it a third time gets kicked off the team.

The old reliable W58. 

NLS Racing #977 - Carolina Motorsports Park 2021 Race Report:

After a very successful 2020, we have been struggling to get a handle on our engine temps this year. The only change was the deletion of our oil cooler due to having to pay points for our intake manifold. We spent the last few months trying to build a real "Race" engine. Resurfaced the heads, checked block deck for straightness, did a fair amount of porting, gasket matching everything. The only thing we didn't get a chance to do was to get a fresh tune and Friday morning practice showed us that we should have. The engine seemed fine but was a little flat. We played with tuning throughout the day, mind you we are not pros at tuning, but a little bump in timing seemed to wake it up on the final practice session of the day. Final checks complete, we were ready for battle on Saturday.
We got a favorable draw for starting position, placing us 9th on the grid. We held onto that for quite a while as we circulated around under that early caution for what felt like forever. Finally on to green flag racing, hovering around the 4-6th position for most of the first 2hrs. We had some great racing with the Hong Norrth blue MX3. Any thoughts of winning this race quickly went away after we saw what Flatout Nemesis could do. Damn, that's a fast, very well-built car. We pitted a little early to avoid the rush onto pit road. Second driver strapped in and sent on his way. Unfortunately, it wasn't long before the temps started to climb. Not wanting to do any further damage to our new "Race" engine, we headed for the garage for inspection. No real obvious culprit and already out of contention, we parked it for the time being. Our fearless leader Cliff hopped in his car for a 5hr round trip back to Hickory to grab our old oil cooler setup and an extra steering wheel, as I forgot to mention, it broke pushing it into the garage. Perhaps a blessing in disguise we called it early. During this, we also found our brand new LF wheel was broken and the tire losing air slowly. We prepped everything we could while he was gone, hoping to get back on track before the race ended. He hauled butt back to us and made back on track with about 30 mins remaining. But alas, it was all for nothing as the damage was already done. Head gasket was blown. These dang VQ30's are sensitive to temp spikes. 
Now we had a call to make, pack it up with our tail between our legs or swap in our spare engine? We came to race, so engine swap it was. Challenge accepted. We divided and conquered. A couple guys pulling the engine while the others prepped the replacement. We suspected the spare engine may have been wounded as well. So it got torn down to retorque the heads. All the cams had to come out and back together, retimed, and a mile of silicone scraped and resealed. We began at 5pm and had it running by 11 that night. Not too bad for our first at-the-track engine swap. On a side note, Harbor Freight engine hoists have a laughably short boom that barely reached past the radiator. Somehow we made that work.
On to Race day 2. Starting near the back this time, we slowly clawed up into the top 10 but any optimism of finishing the day went out the window as the water pressure and temps rose above comfort levels. Brought it to the garage for a coolant bleed and fill for one last-ditch effort, looking to make it to the red flag break. Our next driver took a little easy, coasting into corners and lifting early to help manage temps. We did our best to stay out of anyone's way that was faster or a contender, pointing them by when time allowed. Not much free time around CMP. The car had been smoking throughout the second stint. During the red flag break, we noticed a fair amount of oil dripping from seemingly everywhere. So as not to oil down the track or grenade the engine, we made the decision to push her back to the trailer and pack it up. 
We've got some work to do and figure out our issues. A bad weekend at the race track is still a good weekend. We had fun together, got to chat with our racing friends, and make some new ones. This weekend reiterated why we love Champcar so much, everyone was so helpful, giving us parts, tools, advice, or pointing us in the right direction. I'm not sure I remember all the different teams that helped us, but a huge thanks to Hong Norrth, PQ Racing, Prefect Racing, GMS Racing, Grit N Grind Racing, the team in garage stall 20, James Ballenger, and anyone else we forgot. We do our best to help anyone in need as well, so anytime you may need something, don't hesitate to come ask us. Keep up the great work Champcar. Thanks to all that make this happen. We're shooting for a return to AMP this fall, followed up by VIR North.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Prefect Racing Report

This was the first race for this car after writing off the Castrol car at Road Atlanta at the beginning of the year.  Karl @rodthefemur spent the time building the new racecar and it still came down to the day before the race to finish it all up..or at least as much as a new build can be ready.  There is still plenty to do but at least it was ready to go.  We ran a few laps on Friday and found some minor issues that required some hammer massaging.  

So the car is ready to race.  The Indy dream team is back including Maciej and Karl driving, and their brothers Robert and Sean as crew.  Remaining members of Prefect couldn't make this one with lots of excuses like "I have a newborn baby girl" and "I'm the only one on call in a 5 county radius" and "I'm in Arizona and can't fly back and forth in time"

Saturday race was going great with no issues of any sort for the first half.  Car is comfortably in the top 5 and really having an incredible debut.  During the third stint, dinner bad news comes down from race control that the brake lights aren't turning off and we've got to get it sorted.  Bring the car into the pits and after some quick checks, it's not entirely clear what's going on with it so we decide to retire early and take the time to get it right.  Everyone is really happy with the debut despite the early end to the race.  

@Chris Huggins and @vtjballeng come through with some advice and tools and finally the silliest of failures is diagnosed. The brake pedal position sensor had unscrewed itself by a couple threads where it would no longer be deactivated by the pedal. 

We throw some loctite on, move some used tires around, pack it up and get set for Sunday.

Sunday morning warm up lap there's a horrible vibration so the car is pitted immediately.  Front left wheel wasn't torqued down so easy enough fix only costs us 20 positions to start the race.  But the early stints are essentially uneventful and we get the car up into the top 5 again.  After the break, things start to get interesting.  Shortly into the afternoon stint, tpms detects a small leak from the left front tire, but the pressure is still in operable range so we keep going.  At least it's pouring rain so everyone is slowed down a bit and not as much work is being done by the tire.  But inevitably, the rain stops and it can't hang on anymore so we bring the car in for an unscheduled stop with 3:10 to go.  Karl goes out with orders to conserve fuel and does really consistent laps but after 45 minutes in the car, it's clear we're not going to make it on fuel.  So with 2 hours to go, we fill it up and put Maciej in the car.... And the next lap the red flag comes out the rest of the teams pit under yellow....dejecting.  

So with a little less than 2 hours to go,  we decide to go for broke and see what happens. The race for first is not realistic, but creeping up on the top five seems possible and a hour into the stint everyone's got calculators it to see what we need.   Catching up to level 1 is possible with around 10 laps to go, catching up to Simon says, is a longshot, but but impossible.  This is a new car, with new bugs to sort out, but the full send green light is given because there is no difference between 6th an 12th, but if this car gets to impound then it will really be an accomplishment.   Here's that last 30 minutes.

Grinding away the delta little by little works and we manage passes on both the cars in front in the last 10 laps.  As soon as that's accomplished, we switch to defense as it's unclear whether these used tires or the car are going to make it to the end given that every ounce has been extracted in the last 1:45.  Simon puts on a formidable attack, but it's hard to pass the SC with it's braking ability. Then cone crushers retires, and unbelievable, we finish the race on the podium by .5 sec.

Really an inconceivable finish with the car's state on Thursday night.  Thanks to everyone that came around and helped Maciej after that stint.  This was a really fun race with dynamic weather and drama up until the end.  

download_20210630_101752.jpg.a9b598e6e5ccd369bb7a5bd7fd67a5bc.jpg

Looking forward to Mid-Ohio for the next race

Edited by Prefect Racing
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Prefect Racing said:

Prefect Racing Report

This was the first race for this car after writing off the Castrol car at Road Atlanta at the beginning of the year.  Karl @rodthefemur spent the time building the new racecar and it still came down to the day before the race to finish it all up..or at least as much as a new build can be ready.  There is still plenty to do but at least it was ready to go.  We ran a few laps on Friday and found some minor issues that required some hammer massaging.  

So the car is ready to race.  The Indy dream team is back including Maciej and Karl driving, and their brothers Robert and Sean as crew.  Remaining members of Prefect couldn't make this one with lots of excuses like "I have a newborn baby girl" and "I'm the only one on call in a 5 county radius" and "I'm in Arizona and can't fly back and forth in time"

Saturday race was going great with no issues of any sort for the first half.  Car is comfortably in the top 5 and really having an incredible debut.  During the third stint, dinner bad news comes down from race control that the brake lights aren't turning off and we've got to get it sorted.  Bring the car into the pits and after some quick checks, it's not entirely clear what's going on with it so we decide to retire early and take the time to get it right.  Everyone is really happy with the debut despite the early end to the race.  

@Chris Huggins and @vtjballeng come through with some advice and tools and finally the silliest of failures is diagnosed. The brake pedal position sensor had unscrewed itself by a couple threads where it would no longer be deactivated by the pedal. 

We throw some loctite on, move some used tires around, pack it up and get set for Sunday.

Sunday morning warm up lap there's a horrible vibration so the car is pitted immediately.  Front left wheel wasn't torqued down so easy enough fix only costs us 20 positions to start the race.  But the early stints are essentially uneventful and we get the car up into the top 5 again.  After the break, things start to get interesting.  Shortly into the afternoon stint, tpms detects a small leak from the left front tire, but the pressure is still in operable range so we keep going.  At least it's pouring rain so everyone is slowed down a bit and not as much work is being done by the tire.  But inevitably, the rain stops and it can't hang on anymore so we bring the car in for an unscheduled stop with 3:10 to go.  Karl goes out with orders to conserve fuel and does really consistent laps but after 45 minutes in the car, it's clear we're not going to make it on fuel.  So with 2 hours to go, we fill it up and put Maciej in the car.... And the next lap the red flag comes out the rest of the teams pit under yellow....dejecting.  

So with a little less than 2 hours to go,  we decide to go for broke and see what happens. The race for first is not realistic, but creeping up on the top five seems possible and a hour into the stint everyone's got calculators it to see what we need.   Catching up to level 1 is possible with around 10 laps to go, catching up to Simon says, is a longshot, but but impossible.  This is a new car, with new bugs to sort out, but the full send green light is given because there is no difference between 6th an 12th, but if this car gets to impound then it will really be an accomplishment.   Here's that last 30 minutes.

Grinding away the delta little by little works and we manage passes on both the cars in front in the last 10 laps.  As soon as that's accomplished, we switch to defense as it's unclear whether these used tires or the car are going to make it to the end given that every ounce has been extracted in the last 1:45.  Simon puts on a formidable attack, but it's hard to pass the SC with it's braking ability. Then cone crushers retires, and unbelievable, we finish the race on the podium by .5 sec.

Really an inconceivable finish with the car's state on Thursday night.  Thanks to everyone that came around and helped Maciej after that stint.  This was a really fun race with dynamic weather and drama up until the end.  

download_20210630_101752.jpg.a9b598e6e5ccd369bb7a5bd7fd67a5bc.jpg

Looking forward to Mid-Ohio for the next race

Good job capturing a podium on Sunday, the race between you guys and the Integra was intense! We were watching very closely. I wish we could have put up a better fight, but the Miata only has so much passing power and we didn't want to wad it up with low percentage passes by trying to stay in front of you guys. 

Congrats! 

Edited by johnwilding
I'm bad at typing
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 2:12 PM, wvumtnbkr said:

1624903925069879468989.jpg.51d6ad7b9ce919cc5be03a8c6c475b43.jpg

Hmmm....  would this installation seem to lead to overheating?  How would I solve this?

It's a fire hd8.

Is that a silicone cover on there? It's a nice little insulator on there in a hot environment and a hot tablet generating heat.

Also shield it from the sun maybe to get another heat source eliminated?

33 minutes ago, chbright said:

Is that a silicone cover on there? It's a nice little insulator on there in a hot environment and a hot tablet generating heat.

Also shield it from the sun maybe to get another heat source eliminated?

Maybe a simple USB fan blowing on the backside 

• Technical Advisory Committee

CMP is a super-cool track.  

This was a super meaningful event, in many ways.  

Sophia's first race (and MY first enduro) was here in 2009.  We finished 73rd, but we finished!  

image.png.5f9e5fea4f8a3f5599d3da1f4d7a2b5f.png

To come back 12 years later and take the top slot is really, really, really damn cool.  Same chassis, same body panels, fenders, hood, etc.    

16336832_ImagefromiOS.jpg.465b319a7d6a754e5b9c25f8a6ebfd24.jpg

I'm STOKED champcar has added this track to the schedule and absolutely plan to be back.  Its a deceptively challenging track, but it has runoff in places (particularly the kink) that don't punish you for a minor off.

Second, this was the first race on the new brake setup.  I'm proud that I was able to design something, from scratch, get it made in the US by fellow champcar racers, put it on the car, and prove it works.  There were/are some teething pains, but the feel is good, balance is close, and the pads look almost brand new.  I've been told CMP is a abuser of brakes, so hopefully its a good sign.

Finally, Sunday was my anniversary.  So, thanks to my wife who puts up with my racing disease... She said, if you are gonna go race on our anniversary, you better win.  :P

The weekend was generally a rollercoaster of emotion. 

The intent was to run the SC300, which we had put about 100 hours of effort into over the past month.  New engine, New Tune, new cold-air intake, etc.   We took it to the dyno and got the tune really dialed in, conservatively, including doing 5th gear pulls to verify timing under maximum load.  @vtjballeng hooked us up with some new knock sensors to log the knock and get the timing curve right. 

I also engaged pretty much EVERY engine protect feature in the ECU.

The E30 came along purely for the test day, to hopefully solve the issues we had at the end of WGI.  I had replaced most of the digital components (Thanks, FCP-Euro), including the DME, which I updated to FW69 (HAH).

I cannot recommend the "turn 1" track day event in the future.  The way they put all of us in the "lump" group (about 40 cars it seemed) but still want point by passing is just laughable, and should have NEVER been considered.  The other run groups had about 10 cars and looked quite enjoyable.  

I've not been in a HPDE drivers meeting in many years, but the one we got to listen to Friday morning was pretty hilarious.  

The test day for the SC went great.  Logging was checked after every session, and things looked pretty spot on.  Had a blast "racing" it against the E30 head to head.  

The test day for the E30 went horrible.  The new Firmware was not getting along with the car, and I was constantly flashing new tunes and swapping ECU's to figure it out.  Some wouldn't run at all.  Some would run but had phantom issues, like one made the thermostat not behave and go into limp mode.  Another gave me misfire codes, but the car was still fast.  Good thing we aren't racing it this weekend, right!

Saturday started with the SC, but quickly went wrong.  After pacing around for 30 minutes while they cleaned up the oil someone left in their trunk, the car almost immediately went into engine-protect mode for lean conditions.  It had not done this on friday, so really, wtf lexus?   We came in and flashed a new tune, thinking that the fuel pressure was giving us issues, but it was just a band-aid to the main issue. 

Then I get in the car and dont quite get the Kink right on the first hot-lap.

After swapping drivers and still having the issue, we knew we were out of the running so we pulled behind the wall to really figure it out.   We ended up finding a clogged fuel filter, a dying fuel pump, and a few other small issues.  With those figured out, we went back out to shake the car down and it was going great until it wasn't.

This pretty much ended the day, with us spending the rest of the race trying to get it back together.  We borrowed a tie-rod from the Castrol guys (thanks) and had the rest of the parts, so we were able to go out the last hour and shake it down.  Unfortunately, we found the replacement tie-rod was busted internally and causing some dynamic toe-out in right hand turns, which ended our shot at running the SC the next day.

About 10 PM we decided to run the E30, so we dusted it off, installed the cool shirt and cameras, and went to bed.

The pit draw for us was awesome, so I got to start 3rd and quickly put a gap to the field (with exception to the NC), but the car was pissed off and quickly stopped working.  Turns out the issue from WGI and Friday was a pedal which was going bad. This was a "new" pedal to the car after VIR last year, because the old pedal was breaking the mount due to a design change....  Anyway, the pedal stopped working so we had to come in and swap it out.  After that, we were just driving as fast as we could for the whole race and see how it shakes out.  The rain ended up hurting us a bit, as the tires on the car were the oldest and worst set of RS4 I still had, but @Hurljohn struggled through it without losing much time.  After the NC broke, we figured we could catch 2nd (rva) if we were lucky but Cone Crushers had it in the bag. RVA had their fastest driver in the car also.  As our pit mates we were talking a bunch all day, which was a great time - enjoy the water cooler banter with those guys!  @Rodger Coan-Burningham got in the car for a short stint to get us into the window and threw down some quick laps for not getting any time in the car on Friday.

Then the caution/red flag happened and it was race-on.  We were prepared to do a stop the next lap anyway, so we came in immediately when the pace car passed and were out just behind the field after only losing 1 lap to the leader during the stop.  Cone crushers and RVA both did NOT stop.  RVA wasn't ready, and Cone Crushers 2nd driver had only been out of the car for 50 minutes.   During a green flag stop you lose 2.5 laps to the leader, and we were about 3 laps down at the time, so I knew I had to drive the wheels off of it and catch CC by at least a lap on the track to have a shot at it, assuming it stayed green.  This all happened so fast that I don't think I realized it was happening until my crew chief explained it to me after I was in the car.  I was out there at first driving to catch RVA, who had been JUST in front of the leader when the caution came out and got to do most of a lap around to catch the back of the field.

Once CC pitted with about 30 minutes to go, and they took fuel, it was super close.  I saw them at pit out when I came through the Kink, knowing I still had 30 seconds to get around and thinking that theres no way I can catch up that much in 30 minutes.  Then when I get around they are still there!  After they left I had about 20 seconds on them to meter out for the remainder of the race.

I had a great time racing RVA and CC, both doing fast laps at the end there.  Hated to see them broken with a few laps to go, as they were throwing down some crazy fast times trying to catch me.

As always, thanks to Champcar for putting on a great event and thanks to CMP for having us - Flagging, EV, and Towing were top-notch.  Those tow trucks were PASSING cars on the track, which was amazing to see.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Running Bulls Racing’s last event at NCM didn’t go so well. We had to deal with a blocked exhaust and fuel cut-off issue that we just couldn’t figure out so it was a bit of a blow after having a transmission issue at CMS in 2020 while running in 2nd place. After getting some help from fellow racers and the guys at DIYAutoTune we were able to go into Carolina Motorsports Park with renewed motivation especially having all of our core team members racing.
Friday test day was much needed as 3 of the 4 drivers had never been there. The only issue we found was the left front wheel bearing needed to be changed, easy enough with a 30-minute change. We also did a few changes to the tune as we still had a few little hiccups on the top end. We were done before 6:30 and headed out early for Doc’s dinner.
Saturday morning started off with us being one of the “unlucky” ones with the random draw. Mike Merrill got to start about 50th place with a lot of the heavy hitters well in front of us. We don’t have out-right speed so we just play our own race and let things fall. By the end of the first stint and waiting until the last minute to stop we had made it to 10th place. Justin Lipson, our guest driver for the weekend was up next. Another solid stint was all that was needed and he banged out some solid laps setting FTD for the day. He brought the car in in 9th place. Steady as she goes. Michael Bulls was up next and we were happy to not have issues like NCM plague us. Michael radioed in about an hour into his stint and said the brake pedal was not firm and he was having to change his braking. He was slowed for a bit to try and figure out if maybe the brakes just got hot or if there was another issue. We had brakes but they just weren’t all there. By the end of his stint, he radioed in and said “I’ve learned to drive the car way differently, but it is drive-able.” Bulls was able to bring the car in in 8th place. Next up was Andrew Sides, who wasn’t able to be with the team at NCM. “This is rough” was his first comment after getting out and taking it easy for a bit. It was definitely a totally different car with having only about an inch of pedal and then it falling to the floor. He had to drive the car with a lot of care to avoid situations on track of which he had two cars spin in front of him. All we needed was to make it to the checker and there wasn’t much possibility of us moving up into impound so he was cautioned to bring it home. Race Hero awarded us with the Hard Charger Award, just don’t ask us to stop the car! We ended up finishing 7th. Heck of a day considering all the issues we had previously and now dealing with trying to figure out what happened to the brakes.
We performed a brake pad change as they were wearing down enough that they wouldn’t last for Sunday’s race. A drive around the paddock revealed that our brake issue was not fixed. After a discussion and getting a new master cylinder from Chris Huggins we changed it out in about 45 minutes. Another drive in the paddock and we had brake pedal again.
Sunday started off with us in 2nd place at the green. Short-lived and we knew it. That orange e30 was fast out of the gate and we were pushed to 4th by the time we made it through Turn 1. Quick and steady and that’s what Justin did. Even with the heavy hitters going by we only dropped to 11th by the time we called Justin in at around the hour and 15-minute mark and Michael Bulls got in. Now it was a game of hoping for no caution. The next flag to wave was for the quiet hour. We were solidly in 10th place. Michael got back in the car and was maintaining a good pace and position. Next up was Andrew and he was made aware early in the stint that there wasn’t much we could do unless the teams in front had issues. Andrew brought the car in in 7th place for Mike Merrill to finish the day out. In the end we finished 7th again.
After-race beers were had by all with a special picture with Doc riding along with us all weekend. Our crew this race of Soozee Merrill and Al Davison were top notch. SooZee was over the wall every stop to help with cool shirt and other items, in the paddock we were never without cold drinks or food, while Al was cold side fuel help and great help in the paddock with all our various times putting the car up on stands. Our next race is scheduled to be AMP, but there may be a chance for a fill-in race between now and late October.
Thanks to DIYAutoTune, James Brooks Automotive, QuickJack, and Bendpak

210791482_4270563689671496_2833706147964124311_n.jpg

211298347_4270558389672026_4223863043294199251_n.jpg

212264163_4270553793005819_311890467636404926_n.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chris Huggins said:

I made that (mid-track) entry into the kink work by using more curb on the inside, and all the rumble strip on exit. This is with a similar entry speed of ~110 mph (you can see your speedo in the video).

6 hours ago, Grant said:

I made that (mid-track) entry into the kink work by using more curb on the inside, and all the rumble strip on exit. This is with a similar entry speed of ~110 mph (you can see your speedo in the video).

900lbs extra...

Edited by Hurljohn
  • Like 1

• Technical Advisory Committee
6 hours ago, Grant said:

Also the exhaust still works 😛 

(not that the left rear suspension still works, but that’s not the point)

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Hurljohn said:

900lbs extra...

A minor detail 😛

32 minutes ago, Chris Huggins said:

Also the exhaust still works 😛 

(not that the left rear suspension still works, but that’s not the point)

Hah yeah though the off that probably broke the exhaust was Chuck driving, and he entered far right. To make that work in my car you'd need to commit to cutting so much the inside tires wouldn't even stay on the tarmac.

On 6/29/2021 at 8:55 PM, macheesy said:

Interesting. The #225 and 226 KSR SC300s use second gear every lap at our local test track (the Firm) without issue. Granted we don't lap long enough there to get the transmissions fully up to temp.

The only trans failures they've had are the 225 car's countershaft gear at Daytona.

Updated near spin video from potato to GoPro:

Stayed in it the whole time, didn't lift until I was sure it was going for a spin.  No idea why it came back...

Edited by krispykritter
  • Like 2

@Bremsen Here's where your engine gasped it's last...

Crash between I think the RVA car taking out the Soggy Bottom Boys 350z in turn 4

Our driver, Bob, losing the tail in the carousel and bending a rim.  Thanks all who missed us when he lost it!

And here's Sean's best lap from Day 1

My fastest lap on saturday, 1:56.5 ish

Edited by krispykritter
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2021 at 2:21 PM, mindspin311 said:

CMP is an awesome track, that is all.

I agree.  I'm hoping it becomes a permanent fixture on the calendar.

Thanks @krispykritter Here is the aftermath of that clip:

Carnage.jpg.dc04ae874352f10cc0e4d47bfb75bb6c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bremsen said:

I'm hoping it becomes a permanent fixture on the calendar.

Yes. and. Yes.

• Like 3

Does anyone have contact info for the RVA guys that were in garage stall 3?  I believe we may have left a jump box in their stall when we packed up.