2021 Carolina Motorsports Park Results and Stories

On 6/29/2021 at 9:59 AM, Triangle42 said:

On that next lap another car hit my right rear tire on the back straight coming into a caution.  I was passing the car saw the yellow and backed out of it to give back the position and I guess they thought I was going to keep going and they move over behind me.  When I checked up I guess they were moving over and hit the wheel.  Not sure what car it was but if that was my fault I am sorry and did not mean to hurt your car if I did.  If I knew the car number I would have come to talk to you.  

Sometime in my stint (10:30 - 12:30 ) on Sat your car came up my left side coming into turn 8 with yellow flag out, we were door to door when we hit then you pulled in behind me through the corner . Don't know if this is the incident you are referring to or not. I was driving the #74 White Miata.

8 hours ago, kcbhiw said:

Does anyone have contact info for the RVA guys that were in garage stall 3?  I believe we may have left a jump box in their stall when we packed up. 

I didn't see anything when we unloaded but will double check on Monday 

• Like 1

^^ CMP was the first track I ever did in endurance racing and in -that- contour. So glad that thing is still kicking it!

If you ever rent out a spot, let me know as I would love to drive that thing again :)

Edited by RandomTask
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RandomTask said:

^^ CMP was the first track I ever did in endurance racing and in -that- contour. So glad that thing is still kicking it!

If you ever rent out a spot, let me know as I would love to drive that thing again :)

That's awesome!  We bought it from John back in 2015 and have been running it ever since.  It's changed quite a bit since the early days when it was the conturd and raced for gotham city racing!  We had a few mishaps but nothing show stopping and we have no plans to put it out to pasture.

We are a 4 person team and don't rent seats but if we ever build another car we were thinking of hanging onto the contour as a rental or for new drivers.

Several folks have mentioned racing this car over the years to us on facebook and here on the forums.  Happy we can keep it going!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krispykritter said:

That's awesome!  We bought it from John back in 2015 and have been running it ever since.  It's changed quite a bit since the early days when it was the conturd and raced for gotham city racing!  We had a few mishaps but nothing show stopping and we have no plans to put it out to pasture.

We are a 4 person team and don't rent seats but if we ever build another car we were thinking of hanging onto the contour as a rental or for new drivers.

Several folks have mentioned racing this car over the years to us on facebook and here on the forums.  Happy we can keep it going!

It was my sisters car. She bought it from a good friend of mine who inherited it from (the original owners) his grand parents. First race was lemons at CMP and my pops came down.  Old man is going through cancer so this car brings up a lot of good memories. 

Screenshot_20210704-234625_Facebook.jpg

Edited by RandomTask
  • Like 3

On 7/2/2021 at 7:56 PM, krispykritter said:

No idea what this was... Guessing equipment failure heading into turn 1.  Was this yall, @Triangle42

I think this was the "I lost my brakes" and ended up in the sandbox moment. I am pretty sure that was day 2 though. Its hard to remember when each problem happened cause we had so many parts to swap that weekend.   

I am glad that you posted the video because I do not have it.  Looks awful scary from this view.  He his is super lucky that he did not hit anyone or anything.  I do see the brakes were trying to work but it is a rear tire on the inside of the corner so that is not saying much cause the back gets really light and smokes the inside tire anytime you trail brake. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 9:43 AM, Triangle42 said:

I think this was the "I lost my brakes" and ended up in the sandbox moment. I am pretty sure that was day 2 though. Its hard to remember when each problem happened cause we had so many parts to swap that weekend.   

I am glad that you posted the video because I do not have it.  Looks awful scary from this view.  He his is super lucky that he did not hit anyone or anything.  I do see the brakes were trying to work but it is a rear tire on the inside of the corner so that is not saying much cause the back gets really light and smokes the inside tire anytime you trail brake. 

On 7/6/2021 at 9:57 AM, Chummy said:

I had no brakes

Scary as poop, glad it turned out okay-ish.

• Like 1