2022 VPI?

1 hour ago, atxe30 said:

It's been out for while now: https://champcar.org/web/pdf/2022bccr/2022bccrv1/2022_BCCR_V1.0.pdf

or are you asking about subsequent mods?

My reading comprehension skills need work....of course you are looking for VPI....sheesh...

They usually get released together from what I understand but the VPI got delayed this year. 

Mostly curious since they might bump the NC and see what I need to change.

• Technical Advisory Committee
1 hour ago, MR2 Biohazard said:

I asked and was told maybe mid Oct now.

Who told ya that? 

BOD document was sent to Staff on 30Sep, so as soon as they are all back from Pittrace it should be published.  I could post the document but that would be bypassing proper channels so its best to wait for them to correctly update the VPI spreadsheet/table and publish them all together.

In reality we spent the entire month of September arguing about one thing...  The remainder of the list has been done for a month and a half.  Sometimes that's how it goes with committees.

• Like 2

• Administrators

board sends it to Dana, then Dana sends to me. i have not seen anything and Dana did not mention it to me. 

i was i correct in tbe mic October date. it is October 1 when it is due. 

normally with chisek i would have that info by mid September.  

i am still traveling. but when I get the info i will post it up asap.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chris Huggins said:

Who told ya that? 

BOD document was sent to Staff on 30Sep, so as soon as they are all back from Pittrace it should be published.  I could post the document but that would be bypassing proper channels so its best to wait for them to correctly update the VPI spreadsheet/table and publish them all together.

In reality we spent the entire month of September arguing about one thing...  The remainder of the list has been done for a month and a half.  Sometimes that's how it goes with committees.

Thanks!

Just now, Bill Strong said:

board sends it to Dana, then Dana sends to me. i have not seen anything and Dana did not mention it to me. 

i was i correct in tbe mic October date. it is October 1 when it is due. 

normally with chisek i would have that info by mid September.  

i am still traveling. but when I get the info i will post it up asap.

thanks!

• Administrators

plus our database person was at the runoffs. if it was sent earlier, we could have had it all staged and ready to go like we have done in the past.  

we will get this stuff right in the future. 

new board and new staff.  just takes some tweaking.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bill Strong said:

plus our database person was at the runoffs. if it was sent earlier, we could have had it all staged and ready to go like we have done in the past.  

we will get this stuff right in the future. 

new board and new staff.  just takes some tweaking.

No worries! You guys seem to be on top of things now. thx

• Members
2 hours ago, Chris Huggins said:

Who told ya that? 

I asked Bill at PIRC if he published the VPI adjustments on Sunday and said it should be by mid Oct.  I was racing all weekend and did not check emails or the forum. I have been trying to not stress to hard about the NC increase and trying to be as patient as I can to know the adjustment, if any, then I can plan my winter and 2022. Maybe I do not have much longer. Uggg, now the suspense builds up again.

• Administrators

Because of the amount of work staff is doing right now, and the lateness of getting the VPI updates, the BOD was told it would be about two weeks before we could get the info out to the database and to the website. 

Once we get the info it will go up fairly quick.
I want to apologize, the BOD did work hard to get the updates, and there was a lot of data and emails, texts, messages going back and forth to get where we are now. 
None of this stuff is easy. It affects peoples pocket books and bank accounts in a large way. And they know that. 

So just to confirm, since Chisek resigned and Jer has been pretty much unable to participate, is the BOD is voting on and approving VPI changes and other items with just 5 members (so a majority of 3)? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snorman said:

Maybe the discussion about how to screw the Mercedes 190 teams because the car is too close to a swapped E30 is taking longer than expected

So the e30 gets VPI moved down to match Mercedes?? Nice :)

Edited by enginerd

35 minutes ago, turbogrill said:

Did the 190 gets screw?

Don't think I ever been passed by Mercedes (and I have been passed a lot)

Come race up north as there is a really quick one in our area. They have a 190e with a factory Cosworth in the engine bay.

• Like 2