Not chump, but NASA VIR full course

dweymer

From this past weekend at VIR. Sunday's race, I qualified 3rd behind James Clay(bimmerworld driver) and Eric Wong. We all got passed by Crist in the white car, he ran 2:10.2; I ran 2:10.7; but couldn't make the passes stick. Enjoy!

/>http://www.vimeo.com/21642815

From this past weekend at VIR. Sunday's race, I qualified 3rd behind James Clay(bimmerworld driver) and Eric Wong. We all got passed by Crist in the white car, he ran 2:10.2; I ran 2:10.7; but couldn't make the passes stick. Enjoy!

/>http://www.vimeo.com/21642815

we don't want to see no stinking BMW-ers. :lol:

not bad times considering it was probably 35 degrees F and rainy all day.

with Jason pacing Ya'll i can see why. can't say this makes me look forward to running that class. i'm fairly sure that is where my car fits. not that i really need to worry about it this year.

BTW, is that a BimmerWorld cage you got in there Donnie? very nice.

and damn Dude, you need to work on your turn in to T-4. :P

with Jason pacing Ya'll i can see why. can't say this makes me look forward to running that class. i'm fairly sure that is where my car fits. not that i really need to worry about it this year.

BTW, is that a BimmerWorld cage you got in there Donnie? very nice.

and damn Dude, you need to work on your turn in to T-4. :P

There were 12 starters on saturdays race. The classing is pretty simple, hp/weight. The cage is RRT, I bought the car as is in November. ya turn 4 and me dont get along so well.

There were 12 starters on saturdays race. The classing is pretty simple, hp/weight. The cage is RRT, I bought the car as is in November. ya turn 4 and me dont get along so well.

T-3 seems to be my nemesis. i can't seem to carry speed in or out. you were slapping T-3 like you owned it IMO. i have my opinion of T-4 but it ain't like i am a guru or anything. in deeper and turn sharper, slow more yet carry more speed thru it. the time you had Wonger to your inside was IMO 1/2 car width wider than you need to be every time. you were losing tons of time to those two guys in 5A & thru T-6. that being said you are easily running 3-5 seconds faster than i do, what's up with the downshift going into T-10? never seen that one, i run up the esses in fourth typically. where are you getting fifth? i typically do my downshift before the rise into T-11. could be gearing i guess, 3.64 from VAC in my car.

yeah, weight vs hp plus some points for add-ons as i understand it. still Crist was walking it, but not my concern really. my 328i is putting 208.36589 or so to the wheels, weight is probably 2800 or so. no budget for any NASA this year for sure.

T-3 seems to be my nemesis. i can't seem to carry speed in or out. you were slapping T-3 like you owned it IMO. i have my opinion of T-4 but it ain't like i am a guru or anything. in deeper and turn sharper, slow more yet carry more speed thru it. the time you had Wonger to your inside was IMO 1/2 car width wider than you need to be every time. you were losing tons of time to those two guys in 5A & thru T-6. that being said you are easily running 3-5 seconds faster than i do, what's up with the downshift going into T-10? never seen that one, i run up the esses in fourth typically. where are you getting fifth? i typically do my downshift before the rise into T-11. could be gearing i guess, 3.64 from VAC in my car.

yeah, weight vs hp plus some points for add-ons as i understand it. still Crist was walking it, but not my concern really. my 328i is putting 208.36589 or so to the wheels, weight is probably 2800 or so. no budget for any NASA this year for sure.

I love turn 3, and yep, 4-6 I am sloooow. I hit fifth about the bridge, and enter the esses in fifth at about 125, almost flat out all the way up, then brake and to 4th for southbend then brake and to 3rd at 11 and through oak tree. My car is putting down 209(restrictor plates), my minimum weight is 3056.

I love turn 3, and yep, 4-6 I am sloooow. I hit fifth about the bridge, and enter the esses in fifth at about 125, almost flat out all the way up, then brake and to 4th for southbend then brake and to 3rd at 11 and through oak tree. My car is putting down 209(restrictor plates), my minimum weight is 3056.

yeah, i heard i might be a touch light for the class. i'm nowhere near that speed into the esses. i'm getting too much front end lift after the first right hand turn. feels like it wants to head off toward the Villas in a left hand slide before the set-up for southbend.

i wonder about restrictor plates. obviously your car is a M, how does the restrictor plate affect torque? 209 is the top of what my car is currently producing so i would guess i am down from what a restricted M3 might be capable of.