Lap Times for Road America

Guest topher

Guest topher

Does anyone have the final lap times, standings, etc, etc. for Road America?

I saw a link but it required a MyLaps login/pw.

Congrats to all those who ran and completed. We had fun, but the Saab broke down. Again.

From the MyLaps.com Events page, do a search on "ChumpCar World Series" and you should come up with a list of races. Click on the one you want. There was some difficulty uploading Sunday's results, but Saturday's results are posted here:

/>http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=637541

You can see position on each lap by clicking on SHOW LAPCHART at the bottom of the list.

It looks like you may need a password to see individual laps, though I recall looking up lap times on our team from Iowa last year. Has that changed?

It looks like you may need a password to see individual laps, though I recall looking up lap times on our team from Iowa last year. Has that changed?

MyLaps will show everyone the final standings. To see individual lap times, you have to have an account and be the registered owner of the transponder. If you rented a transponder, you won't be able to see lap times. If you go into the orbitz software, you can export the results as a csv/html with the full lap times.

From the MyLaps.com Events page, do a search on "ChumpCar World Series" and you should come up with a list of races. Click on the one you want. There was some difficulty uploading Sunday's results, but Saturday's results are posted here:

/>http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=637541

You can see position on each lap by clicking on SHOW LAPCHART at the bottom of the list.

Are the results for Sunday going to be posted soon?

You can still see the best lap that every team did. I'm amazed just how far ahead of the field that Team Eggboy was. Looks like they SHO-ed everyone how it's done. :lol:

We're still trying to figure out where Scott found a shortcut!

We had several laps in the 3:05 - 3:07 range but no other lap was even close to that record lap.

I'll have to look at the video, but I have a feeling I know which lap it was.

If it's the same lap, I was flying through 13 as it had finally dried up enough in Canada that I was able to plant it and got a great run out of 12 into 13 with just a small lift to set the front end at turn in of 13. A good run out of 14 stradling the rumbles to setup the start of the fast lap. IIRC I was in 5th just past the start finish line which was WAAAAAY earlier then I had been. I was so out of sorts in the braking zone for 1 that I skipped the 5-4 downshift and went 3rd and tossed it into 1 and it stuck. I don't think I carried that much speed into 1 again by choice. I don't really remember any thing else of the lap, but I do remember that section of a good lap very well. Probably never forget that one. :D

Guest Champ

Nice consistent laps - whoever went first had a great stint.

Capture.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Bummer about eggboys reliability - 10-15 seconds a lap faster than most of the other cars would be pretty insane.

Guest Champ

We're still trying to figure out where Scott found a shortcut!

We had several laps in the 3:05 - 3:07 range but no other lap was even close to that record lap.

No kidding! How does one suddenly gain 10 seconds? Crazy. You sure he didn't just stop past the start/finish and back up over the timing loop?

I'll have to look at the video, but I have a feeling I know which lap it was.

If it's the same lap, I was flying through 13 as it had finally dried up enough in Canada that I was able to plant it and got a great run out of 12 into 13 with just a small lift to set the front end at turn in of 13. A good run out of 14 stradling the rumbles to setup the start of the fast lap. IIRC I was in 5th just past the start finish line which was WAAAAAY earlier then I had been. I was so out of sorts in the braking zone for 1 that I skipped the 5-4 downshift and went 3rd and tossed it into 1 and it stuck. I don't think I carried that much speed into 1 again by choice. I don't really remember any thing else of the lap, but I do remember that section of a good lap very well. Probably never forget that one. :D

Must have blacked out your last lap - now you just have to figure out how to continue doing it.

Capture2.jpg

After review, I didn't get anywhere close to a 2:56. Must have been some transponder loop issues with us being pitted so close to start/finish. There was also a 2:35 at some point that they got rid of at some point Saturday.

Looks like Bear Patrol holds the fast lap unless I missed something.

• Like 1